Where is Yajirobe in Super?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SpiritBombTriumphant
Banned

Re: Where is Yajirobe in Super?

Post by SpiritBombTriumphant » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:37 am

I was wondering this exact same thing not too long ago. Yajirobe isn't in Battle of Gods, Resurrection 'F', or any episode that has aired to now for Super. Perhaps he has better things to do? Maybe they simply forgot about him. =/

Araki
Advanced Regular

Post by Araki » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:24 am

SpiritBombTriumphant wrote:I was wondering this exact same thing not too long ago. Yajirobe isn't in Battle of Gods, Resurrection 'F', or any episode that has aired to now for Super. Perhaps he has better things to do? Maybe they simply forgot about him. =/
To be fair, i think Toriyama only remembered he existed in the Boo arc when they had to fetch Senzu seeds. Hell, in the previous arc that was all he was doing already..

Ssgvegito30
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssgvegito30 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:28 am

Maybe he will only make short appearances when ever the z fighter need senzu beans in db super lol :p
"You may have invaded my mind and my body, but there's one thing a Saiyan always keeps! His pride!"

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:51 am

Araki wrote:
SpiritBombTriumphant wrote:I was wondering this exact same thing not too long ago. Yajirobe isn't in Battle of Gods, Resurrection 'F', or any episode that has aired to now for Super. Perhaps he has better things to do? Maybe they simply forgot about him. =/
To be fair, i think Toriyama only remembered he existed in the Boo arc when they had to fetch Senzu seeds. Hell, in the previous arc that was all he was doing already..
Isn't that all Yajirobe ever did after the Saiyan saga? Just become a senzu bean messenger?

Funnily enough, Yajirobe didn't even go to Kami's lookout when Majin Buu was killing everyone on Earth like the rest of Goku's friends. I always wondered if Korin and Yajirobe survived up until Buu blew up the Earth.

YamchaLover69

Post by YamchaLover69 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:19 pm

That's because Akira Toriyama is an asshole who doesn't care about his characters, he only likes to focus on the saiyans since he can make lots of money off of their popularity like a sellout. Toriyama isn't that old of a manga artist and yet he doesn't remember all of the characters in Dragonball. A good manga artist should remember all of his characters and care about them. :x

LuckyCat
Advanced Regular

Post by LuckyCat » Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:38 pm

YamchaLover69 wrote:That's because Akira Toriyama is an asshole who doesn't care about his characters, he only likes to focus on the saiyans since he can make lots of money off of their popularity like a sellout. Toriyama isn't that old of a manga artist and yet he doesn't remember all of the characters in Dragonball. A good manga artist should remember all of his characters and care about them. :x
Hey, let's have a little respect, we're all here because of him, right? Anyway, Yajirobe and my man Karin do appear in some of the anniversary images. It's not like they're totally forgotten, it just doesn't make sense to throw them in uselessly to the story. I was actually impressed Toriyama even managed to keep Yajirobe relevant in the Saiyan saga.

TheAmericanDream
Not-So-Newbie

Post by TheAmericanDream » Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:45 pm

I'm actually still waiting on the day someone (Toei or Toriyama) can get Karin and Beerus in the same room just for shameless cat jokes.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:57 pm

YamchaLover69 wrote:That's because Akira Toriyama is an asshole who doesn't care about his characters, he only likes to focus on the saiyans since he can make lots of money off of their popularity like a sellout.
That's why we got Piccolo, Buu and Monaca in the team and since he came back, almost everyone is getting more screentime than in GT, right?!
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Sodhi
I Live Here

Post by Sodhi » Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:30 pm

Why is no one saying that Yajirobe is probably with the pussy in the Kami's lookout?

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:00 pm

Yajirobe became a character partly because of Krillin's death in Dragonball. The Japanese voice actress that voiced krillin was going to be absent for an entire Arc, so Toriyama introduced Yajirobe to give her more of a role in the King Piccolo Arc.

I mean, his story when he's first introduced is very strange. he appears to be one of the most powerful beings on Earth because he can go toe to toe against Goku who nearly won the World Martial Arts Tournament. How did he get so strong? Who trained him? Goku even noted that he's never met someone so strong when they first fought.

I don't think he will appear in Super. His role is complete, and now he simply stays at Korin's tower. He is almost as forgotten as Launch.
FortuneSSJ wrote:
YamchaLover69 wrote:That's because Akira Toriyama is an asshole who doesn't care about his characters, he only likes to focus on the saiyans since he can make lots of money off of their popularity like a sellout.
That's why we got Piccolo, Buu and Monaca in the team and since he came back, almost everyone is getting more screentime than in GT, right?!
This I agree with. Although the Buu saga focused more on the Saiyans, Super is looking for more diversity which I like.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

Muffin Man
Beyond Newbie

Post by Muffin Man » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:29 am

YamchaLover69 wrote:That's because Akira Toriyama is an asshole who doesn't care about his characters, he only likes to focus on the saiyans since he can make lots of money off of their popularity like a sellout. Toriyama isn't that old of a manga artist and yet he doesn't remember all of the characters in Dragonball. A good manga artist should remember all of his characters and care about them. :x
Eh, I actually like it when a story lets characters fade into the background (or even disappear entirely). It keeps things fresh and prevents character arcs and/or running gags from getting strung out too long. A lot of anime with characters suffering from Team Rocket syndrome could stand to learn how to rotate the cast a bit more.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:50 am

I think Toriyama almost forgot about Yajirobe in the Buu saga. We only see him like once when Goku gets senzu beans for Videl, and then again when they're collecting energy for the spirit bomb.

Both Yajirobe and Korin should have been on Kami's lookout.