Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

coola
I Live Here

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by coola » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:17 pm

Detector...French dub nostalgia :D Kakarotto face is so creepy
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:30 pm

Kakarotto's face in the fifth panel and saying to Raditz, "Screw you", were just awesome.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:40 pm

Two pages ago showed Kakarot can't even hit the wall of a space barn, but now he can control his power level innately? Shouldn't Kakarot be far inferior to Goku if you compared them at this exact same moment?

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:57 pm

FoolsGil wrote:Two pages ago showed Kakarot can't even hit the wall of a space barn, but now he can control his power level innately? Shouldn't Kakarot be far inferior to Goku if you compared them at this exact same moment?
And he is. Goku's battle power at this point was 8,000 wasn't it? After all, Raditz already came to Earth to pick up Kakarotto.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:14 pm

Doctor. wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:Two pages ago showed Kakarot can't even hit the wall of a space barn, but now he can control his power level innately? Shouldn't Kakarot be far inferior to Goku if you compared them at this exact same moment?
And he is. Goku's battle power at this point was 8,000 wasn't it? After all, Raditz already came to Earth to pick up Kakarotto.
I thought this exact same spot in the main series would have Goku traveling to King Kai on Snake Way, has it already been a year since Raditz and Kakarot was on Earth? If that is the case, never mind.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:33 pm

I don't think they've specified a timeframe, actually. Either way, Goku at this point would be between 400 and 8,000.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:49 pm

The only thing I'm wondering is how he learned to hide his power level when there wouldn't have been anyone to teach him. The only thing I can figure is maybe he was almost caught by someone (no idea who since the events with him we've seen have already killed off the rest of our heroes, hasn't it?), and after he managed to escape, he realized that they were suppressing their real powers and just picked up on it after trying a few times. Vegeta figured it out fast enough, and our standard Goku has always figured things out fast enough as well, so...
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:34 am

Goku, against Radditz, had a power level of 416, but could increase his power to more than 924. This Kakarotto has a power level of 576 and can increase it to 1445. It's not that different (especially since Piccolo could increase his power to 1330 during the Radditz fight). And why should Kakarotto be far inferior? We know very little of his life, how he trained and how many zenkais he had.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:42 am

rereboy wrote:
Goku, against Radditz, had a powerl level of 416, but could increase his power to more than 924. This Kakarotto has a power level of 576 and can increase it to 1445. It's not that different. And why should Kakarotto be far inferior? We know very little of his live and how he trained and how many zenkais he had.
It's implied that raising power levels is a Z Fighter thing. They've spent years honing their martial arts skills until they've learned this ability, and is a stark contrast to the PTO, who are solders instead and can't control their powers. Then we go to Kakarot, who spent all of his time slaughtering Earthlings. He didn't put the time in training, how did he suddenly learn to control his power level?

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:54 am

FoolsGil wrote:
It's implied that raising power levels is a Z Fighter thing. They've spent years honing their martial arts skills until they've learned this ability, and is a stark contrast to the PTO, who are solders instead and can't control their powers. Then we go to Kakarot, who spent all of his time slaughtering Earthlings. He didn't put the time in training, how did he suddenly learn to control his power level?
Vegeta spent less than a day fighting Earthlings on Earth that had that ability and he mastered that ability by copying them. Kakarotto spent his entire life on Earth fighting Earthlings that had ability and he mastered it by copying them.

In short, it's far less impressive than what Vegeta did in the actual manga.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:31 pm

Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:55 pm

Okay, I like this. I'm secretly a huge Raditz fanboy.

Has it been stated how Goku learned ki control? He killed Kame-sennin and I doubt God taught him. Did he just learn it from observing Tenshinhan/Yamcha similar to how Vegeta kind of just picked it up? Not sure I totally buy that but I guess it works.

Mewzard
I Live Here

Post by Mewzard » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:32 pm

batistabus wrote:Okay, I like this. I'm secretly a huge Raditz fanboy.

Has it been stated how Goku learned ki control? He killed Kame-sennin and I doubt God taught him. Did he just learn it from observing Tenshinhan/Yamcha similar to how Vegeta kind of just picked it up? Not sure I totally buy that but I guess it works.
Like you said, that's how Vegeta learned it. Why couldn't Kakarot learn it the same way?
RIDER KIIIIIIICK!

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:39 pm

Vegeta learned it in less than a day...

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:56 pm

Mewzard wrote:

Like you said, that's how Vegeta learned it. Why couldn't Kakarot learn it the same way?
Because Vegeta most likely had formal training of some kind in his past and was MUCH stronger than Kakarotto would have been by the time Raditz picked him up. Vegeta also found out about it because of the unreliability of his scouter; a piece of equipment that Kakarotto never had. Ki control isn't entirely dependent on strength, but a martial arts background and underlying power make you more apt to learn it quickly. It also requires a certain calmness which Kakarotto hasn't demonstrated at all until this page. I think Kakarotto just barely fits the bill unless there is something in his past that we're missing, which is entirely possible.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:07 am

batistabus wrote: Because Vegeta most likely had formal training of some kind in his past and was MUCH stronger than Kakarotto would have been by the time Raditz picked him up. Vegeta also found out about it because of the unreliability of his scouter; a piece of equipment that Kakarotto never had. Ki control isn't entirely dependent on strength, but a martial arts background and underlying power make you more apt to learn it quickly. It also requires a certain calmness which Kakarotto hasn't demonstrated at all until this page. I think Kakarotto just barely fits the bill unless there is something in his past that we're missing, which is entirely possible.
And that's why Vegeta learned it after being on Earth for less than a day. Kakarotto was on Earth for his whole life.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:33 am

It seemed strange to me at first too, but yeah, I'm just gonna roll with the idea that he picked up on it just from observing other fighters as they were chasing him down.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:50 pm

If Vegeta can learn something in a day I'll give Kakarot the benefit of the doubt and say he can pick the same ability in the years he spent of Earth.

Regarder
Regular

Post by Regarder » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:06 am

Multiverse also has the advantage of having a setting with infinite possibilities. Anything that seems weird or unlikely can easily be justified by the fact that with infinite samples (out of which just a few were selected), anything that can happen will happen. Logically, there's a version of the Vegeta vs Goku battle where Vegeta just kept missing constantly and never landed a single hit; the Vargas just never selected that universe, though we are told at the beginning of the story that they are infinite.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:17 pm

Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek: