Super Animation Catalogue 2.0

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta
Advanced Regular

Re: Animation Catalogue - [Updated with #25]

Post by LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:26 pm

Ajay wrote:Okay, you're mistaken. I've shown you examples of why you're wrong, and yet you're still going on with the same unfounded rhetoric. C'mon now.
No you're mistaken actually. :D

those aren't examples that back you up. Yeah I suppose it's CLOSER to cel colors, but it doesn't have the same feel or quality.

Can you get the same quality of paint with crayons? No. Because they're different drawing tools. Digital colors are different then cels. If you show me a digital drawing that looks like animation cel, then you have a point, but you won't because you can't drawn those colors with digital animation. GO ask a deviant artist or something and they will let you know they can't do it. It's like healing with a shotgun, can't do it with the wrong tools man.

I know I'm right, but like I said if you prove me wrong I'll admit it. Don't believe me try to draw that drawing in paint or something. Can't be done.
Any post before 8/7/2016 isn't mine. This account was a gift from someone who thought the account was already banned. Saved me the trouble of making a new one haha XD

I love DB/DBZ/DBGT/DBZK/DBS (If I didn't why would I be here? XD)

Ajay

Re: Animation Catalogue - [Updated with #25]

Post by Ajay » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:32 am

Episode 26:
Animation Supervisor:
Tate Naoki

Key Animators:
Tate Naoki, Matsumoto Katsuji, Horii Nobuo, Ito Naoyuki, Yamada Masashi, Yashima Yoshitaka, Mura Shuntaro, office DCI, and TAP

Episode 27:
Animation Supervisors:
Manabe Shuuichiro, Koyama Kazuhiro, and Oka Tatsuya

Key Animators:
Usuda Yoshio, Tsukuma Takenori, Ogata Daisuke, Mizuno Yoshiaki, Nii Hirotaka, Sawada Hironori, Oka Tatsuya, Manabe Shuuichiro, Koyama Kazuhiro, Maruyama Hirokatsu, Koremoto Akira, Ikeda Masato, Studio Graffiti, Net Animation, and Changzhou DouDou

===========

I don't really have a whole lot to say on these episodes. I liked Tate's cut in episode 26, but it's annoying knowing that he can do so much better.

Episode 27 was alright. I've been really surprised at people praising the animation in the episode as a whole, though. Maybe your standards drop when you're fed utter garbage for weeks on end? It was alright. I liked the beatdown -- in particular, this frame. Regardless of the mediocre quality, I think I simply appreciated a fight actually lasting a considerable length of time continuously. Also who doesn't love a good Vegeta moment?

Yashima is up for tonight's episode. I quite like his work when he's actually working with a competent team. He's that level of "just alright" that the series needs more of.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

ParkerAL
Regular

Re: Animation Catalogue - [Updated with #27]

Post by ParkerAL » Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:23 pm

Even the Freeza beat-down still had a few noticeable janky moments in it. Vegeta deflecting Freeza's energy blasts looked rather questionable, with his arms swinging wildly even as his body stood straight as a Popsicle stick.
Favorite Movies: Alien, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, The Thing, Evil Dead, The Land Before Time
Favorite Shows: Cardcaptor Sakura, Doctor Who, Wallace and Gromit, Wakfu, Yu Yu Hakusho
Favorite Manga: Fullmetal Alchemist, Hunter x Hunter, Dragon Ball
Augenis wrote:The power level view into the series has trained a significant portion of the fan base into real life stereotypical members of the Freeza empire, where each and every individual is reduced to a floating number above their heads and any sudden changes to said number are met with shock and confusion.

The Doc
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Animation Catalogue - [Updated with #27]

Post by The Doc » Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:42 pm

Episode 26 was giving me bad flashbacks of episode 5 with the way limbs were whipping around like rubber bands, so yeah after that episode 27 was looking pretty spiffy.

Ajay

Re: Animation Catalogue - [Updated with #28]

Post by Ajay » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:59 pm

Episode 28:
Animation Supervisor:
Yoshitaka Yashima

Key Animators:
Yoshitaka Yashima, Miyako Tsuji, Toei Animation Philippines (TAP)

==

Not too bad. While I appreciate a good pointy nose, I do think some of the shots were a little ridiculous. It does its job as a passable dialogue episode without attempting anything special. I'll take it.
Last edited by Ajay on Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Deadtuber.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:03 pm

That was fast :lol:
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Wezenheim
Advanced Regular

Post by Wezenheim » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:04 pm

You were quick Ajay, thanks! Yeah, there were a fair amount of weird shots, but as you said this is a dialogue episode and it served that purpose quite well. Episode 29 looked like it had a few decent shots in there.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:35 am

Someone here complaints about shinny colors in DBS and current anime animation, yet still uses an avatar that fits the description of what he doesnt like.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Puto
I Live Here

Post by Puto » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:06 am

Best examples of replicating cel colours with digital animation would probably be Kai's reanimated scenes.
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:54 pm

Thanks, Imgur. My entire thread is fucked. I'll rehost everything to another site at some point. So stupid.

Here's Episode 29:
Animation Supervisors:
Osamu Ishikawa & Yukihiro Kitano

Key Animators:
Kitano Yukihiro, Nashizawa Takashi, Inaba Jin, Ishikawa Osamu, Ide Takeo, Tezuka Emi, Aizu Satsuki, office DCI, TAP
Last edited by Ajay on Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Deadtuber.

Araki
Advanced Regular

Re: Animation Catalogue - [Updated with #29]

Post by Araki » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:17 pm

The key animators:

Kitano Yukihiro
Nashizawa Takashi
Inaba Jin
Ishikawa Osamu
Ide Takeo
Tezuka Emi
Aizu Satsuki
office DCI
TAP

It's only the 2nd time, after episode 13, that longtime franchise veteran Takeo Ide does key animation, despite serving as a chief animation supervisor.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:21 pm

Oh, nice. Thank you!

Deadtuber.

Sodhi
I Live Here

Post by Sodhi » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:32 pm

Araki wrote:The key animators:

Kitano Yukihiro
Nashizawa Takashi
Inaba Jin
Ishikawa Osamu
Ide Takeo
Tezuka Emi
Aizu Satsuki
office DCI
TAP

It's only the 2nd time, after episode 13, that longtime franchise veteran Takeo Ide does key animation, despite serving as a chief animation supervisor.
Every single one of these key animators other than Ishikawa worked on episode 13

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:27 am

Actually, before I reupload everything, do you think there's a better way to lay these out?

Right now, it's a pretty inelegant solution with the multiple images inside of spoiler tags. Do you think just listing the supervisors and linking the images next to them might be more accessible?

Throw some suggestions at me.

Deadtuber.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:30 am

Ajay wrote:Actually, before I reupload everything, do you think there's a better way to lay these out?

Right now, it's a pretty inelegant solution with the multiple images inside of spoiler tags. Do you think just listing the supervisors and linking the images next to them might be more accessible?

Throw some suggestions at me.
If you have a deviantart, you can upload them to the stash feature and just URL link them onto the forum. Its worked for me plenty of times.

EDIT - And now I see the issue you have is layout, not uploading issues. Whoops.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

raulvalente
Beyond Newbie

Post by raulvalente » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:47 pm

Wait... so next week's animation supervisor is Shimanuki, right?

He worked on Episode #25 with 2 other ASs, does that mean #30 will look rushed or we can't know for sure?

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:54 pm

Can't know for absolute certain. I get the feeling it's going to be another episode of mostly static dialogue scenes, with only the occasional bit motion -- in this case, the Piccolo and Gohan training sequence. I imagine it'll probably be okay. The preview certainly looked alright. Shimanuki seems to be getting into the groove of drawing Dragon Ball again.

Deadtuber.

Sodhi
I Live Here

Post by Sodhi » Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:48 pm

raulvalente wrote:Wait... so next week's animation supervisor is Shimanuki, right?

He worked on Episode #25 with 2 other ASs, does that mean #30 will look rushed or we can't know for sure?
No it wont look rushed, Shimanuki only had bigger influence on the first half of 25. 2nd half had someone else's influence. Hence the three supervisors. I am more worried about episode 31,because next in line is tate and he did 26 all by himself. I hope he gets enough time.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:28 am

Episode #30 could very well have multiple animation supervisors. If Shimanuki takes to working with two other supervisors then it shouldn't be too bad having his work on an episode six weeks later. We know Hamakawa is an animation supervisor for an upcoming episode, too. I'm relatively hopeful Tate Naoki's going to get six or seven weeks until his next episode.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:34 am

Hey, Ajay all pics in the first page are now broken because of that imgur issue, I would recommend you to post them at postimage
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?