Vegeta will defeat Goku

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Sun Wukong
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Vegeta will defeat Goku

Post by Sun Wukong » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:32 pm

sintzu wrote:He didn't fight anyone, he was on his hands and knees after Vegeta beat him out of his golden form then got blown to bits by Goku but that doesn't take away from Vegeta defeating him in battle which is something Goku couldn't do.
Last I recalled Freeza blew up the planet. Taking Vegeta down with the Earth. That's a loss for Vegeta. Vegeta got saved by Whis & Goku. I could argue that the only reason Vegeta beat Freeza is b/c Goku had already worn him out. Goku was going to win if the plot didn't make him go stupid. Just so TOEI could milk more $ out of Vegeta fans. I mean the only reason Vegeta is getting so much attention from AT & TOEI is b/c they know there is a large fanbase for Vegeta in the DB community. It's not like AT prefers Vegeta over Piccolo, Satan, Goku, or Gohan. I mean you wouldn't say you finished downloading something if you only had it 99% complete now would you? Same thign here. Vegeta didn't finish the job. Therefore he failed. Whis saved him, & Goku finished the job as usual.

Now what I typed above, isn't meant to beat down on Vegeta or his fans. I'm a fan too. But the thing people have to remember is that Vegeta has always played 2nd fiddle to Goku. And I don't see that ever changing. It would be like Kaiba beating Yugi in a children's card game. It would ruin the entire dynamic of the show. I mean the only thing Goku has over Vegeta is that he is the better fighter. Just like how Yugi has one thing over Kaiba: Being the arbitrary king of (lame card) games.

So whether you (or me) like it or not. You will just have to accept it & deal with it.

Peace out.

Fionordequester wrote:
Sun Wukong wrote:Posting in Italics
Out of curiosity, is there a reason why you're using italics for everything you're typing? I mean, there's nothing wrong with it, it just seems odd to go to the extra effort of doing so.
B/c I like the way it looks over the default. Its not that bad I just have to click once more. But you're right those extra clicks can add up.
"I was born in a small village. I was still a child when we were raided by soldiers. Foreign soldiers. Torn from my elders, I was made to speak their language. With each new post my masters changed. Along with the words they made me speak. With each change, I changed too. My thoughts, personality, how I saw right and wrong. Words - can - kill."
—Skull Face

sintzu
Banned

Re: Vegeta will defeat Goku

Post by sintzu » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:59 pm

Sun Wukong wrote: Last I recalled Freeza blew up the planet. Taking Vegeta down with the Earth.

I could argue that the only reason Vegeta beat Freeza is b/c Goku had already worn him out.

Goku was going to win if the plot didn't make him go stupid.

It was reversed so in a way it didn't happen cause it was prevented.

You could say this about the movie version but that didn't happen in Super, yeah Goku fought him 1st but he was completely outmatched unlike the movie.

We're not talking about what ifs.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.