"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Official Announcement Thread & Discussion

Post by ZombieVito » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:23 am

Not gonna lie, future Trunks meeting kid Trunks would be great.
Last edited by ZombieVito on Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sodhi
I Live Here

Post by Sodhi » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:25 am

Toriyama also said "Currently I have no plans for Goku and Vegeta surpassing Beerus and Whis."
This was also said:
Interviewer: "Maybe Toyotaro could add some of his own ideas to the plot"
Toriyama: "Yeah, that'd be cool."
Toyotaro: "Too much pressure!!!"

Edit: Also the interview that is on the website is a bonus interview, meaning it is not the one in the book but a bonus.

Shin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Shin » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:28 am

Glad to see Hit not being the next villain. He's gonna end up being Piccolo's replacement probably. (They even look similar too!)
Dragon Ball /Z/GT/Super is a children's show and there's nothing wrong with that.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:29 am

I'll laugh if Toriyama brings back Cell, if only to do more with his second form again. :lol:
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:29 am

I'd really like to see Future Trunks meet Gohan again now that Gohan's all grown up; if it is Future Trunks that's going to reappear.
Also I would not be surprised if there is a white-haired ssj form at some point.

Thank you for the translation Herms!
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Araki
Advanced Regular

Post by Araki » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:32 am

I'm trying to make sense of a possible Future Trunks' return. Any screw up with the SDBs or involving the universes in the current plot wouldn't affect his timeline at all...so if he's the character who's coming back, i think the Gods' clash or the quest for the Super Dragon Balls might have caught up with his Earth/timeline somehow. Maybe he's Beerus/Whis' disciple there?

But that would add a new layer of complexity to a plot Toriyama said would stay "simple'...so who knows.
Last edited by Araki on Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:32 am

Shin wrote:Glad to see Hit not being the next villain. He's gonna end up being Piccolo's replacement probably. (They even look similar too!)
Oh god no....

Shin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Shin » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:35 am

Zombie wrote:
Shin wrote:Glad to see Hit not being the next villain. He's gonna end up being Piccolo's replacement probably. (They even look similar too!)
Oh god no....
Don't worry, I'm a big Piccolo fan too so I would be bothered.
Dragon Ball /Z/GT/Super is a children's show and there's nothing wrong with that.

Sodhi
I Live Here

Post by Sodhi » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:35 am

Zombie wrote: Oh god no....
Dont worry man nothing like that was said, even if it were said I would call bullshit. Piccolo needs no replacement.

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:38 am

This is very odd but very interesting! So a white haired form seems like it'll be likely soon but Goku and Vegeta won't even pass Beerus? Wonder what that form may be. Also this future person is going to make people go bananas lol. Preliminary guesses point to Future Trunks or Cell.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:41 am

I'm curious about the future person, but not too interested in it. I still have that tired taste in my mouth from "let's bring back Freeza". I want something new. I'm hungry to get to travel around Uni 6; I wanna see Planet Sadla, I wanna see all sorts of new planets and people in Uni 6. More Future Trunks was a long ago wish of mine, but it's low on my wishlist nowadays. White-haired ssjb I'm indifferent to. Ssjg was my speed since that form was retired I've lost all interest in the recolors that replaced it.

Right now the tournament feels like getting to travel to a great brand new city, but you're stuck in the airport waiting for your ride to show up and haven't gotten to actually see the sights yet.
Last edited by Chuquita on Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Araki
Advanced Regular

Post by Araki » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:43 am

Chuquita wrote:I'm curious about the future person, but not too interested in it. I still have that tired taste in my mouth from "let's bring back Freeza". I want something new. I'm hungry to get to travel around Uni 6; I wanna see Planet Sadla, I wanna see all sorts of new planets and people in Uni 6.
But Freeza was just Freeza. His comeback didn't add anything plotwise.
This person from the future, even if it's Trunks and it feels fanservice-y, could bring a whole lot of new implications to the story with him.
Last edited by Araki on Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

Makai
Beyond Newbie

Post by Makai » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:45 am

It could be something to do with Towa & Mira?

Sodhi
I Live Here

Post by Sodhi » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:45 am

I like time travel. If that is where the story is headed i am cool with it. Has a potential to solve a lot of timeline issues of super too.

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:45 am

Chuquita wrote:I'm curious about the future person, but not too interested in it. I still have that tired taste in my mouth from "let's bring back Freeza". I want something new. I'm hungry to get to travel around Uni 6; I wanna see Planet Sadla, I wanna see all sorts of new planets and people in Uni 6.

Right now the tournament feels like getting to travel to a great brand new city, but you're stuck in the airport waiting for your ride to show up and haven't gotten to actually see the sights yet.
Hmm could this future person possible relate to Planet Sadal? Maybe a version of Future Trunks is the king of the planet? I do get the feeling that we are definitely going to explore Sadal in the coming arc.

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:46 am

Oh boy, thousands of fangirls are going crazy right now...
I cant wait for interview from the manga.

Beerus-sama
Advanced Regular

Post by Beerus-sama » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:47 am

herms wrote:
Toriyama: "Currently I have no plans for Goku and Vegeta surpassing Beerus and Whis."
Yes!!! :thumbup: :mrgreen: :lol:
herms wrote:
Toyotaro: "Having read the new plot, I'm glad a certain character related to the future is getting involved. I'm a big fan!"
This will be interesting, if its really Future Trunks then Ill be happy seeing him and present Trunks exchange some dialogue/interact with each other.
Sleeping until the tournament is over.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:47 am

Please no more Future Trunks... Freeza was hard to accept, let alone him.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:50 am

Woulda have actually prefered white to blue. White feels more godly than blue. Though if Toriyama really uses white for the future, hopefully it's not another recolor please....but it probably will.

I like how Goku and Vegeta won't surpass Beerus and Whis just yet. I want that to be a long term goal to be reached.

Future Trunks is my guess too, though he can join the that pile that Gohan, Piccolo, and the humans are in before the dirt and cement seal up the hole.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:50 am

Re: DainIronfoot

I still think King Sadla is either going to be his own character unrelated to any other Uni 7 saiyans, OR he's going to be a counterpart to Vegeta.
Araki wrote:
But Freeza was just Freeza. His comeback didn't add anything plotwise.
This person from the future, even if it's Trunks and it feels fanservice-y, could bring a whole lot of new implications to the story with him.
I just want to go someplace fresh and new though. I'm so wary of (even though Future Trunks is one of my favorites) an arc where we go back to Earth again, even if it's Future Trunks' Earth, when there's an entire Universe 6 stretched out before the characters to explore.

I'm genuinely bummed out; none of the hints from the interview have me excited. ^^;

I just wanna explore Uni 6, meet Cabba's family, and see lots more new faces.
Another round of "Hey Future Trunks and more androids(?) more Cell(?)" does nothing for me.
Last edited by Chuquita on Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!