"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Re: Official Announcement Thread & Discussion

Post by Lord Frieza » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:42 pm

Well if this future villain has something white about them then we are limited down to Vados, Whis, Gero, Mira, Towa, Demigra, Frieza and Frost. Of course thats if this villain is anyone we know of.

Also Android 13, Hoi, Baby Vegeta and Yī Xīng Lóng count to.

Araki
Advanced Regular

Post by Araki » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:33 pm

Sodhi wrote:From what i can remember, one piece episode was interrupted a few weeks ago because of missile launch by north korea, and it was happening right at that moment.I dont remember it being anything to do with an earthquake. Yea but if it happened right at the moment as i have said above then they will switch to news broadcast.
Oops, i was thinking of a few years ago.

There was another occasion after an earthquake where they aired an interrupted OP episode at late night, so the next one wouldn't be delayed. This is very rare, though.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:28 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
Chuquita wrote:I partly wonder if they didn't mean Freeza. They said white, but not white-haired. If it was talking about why bluper is blue, wouldn't that have been the relevant arc? If not Freeza, then why would they need to change from white to blue there, design wise? I could be wrong.
I completely agree. But as others have noted before, including myself and Herms, Toriyama does phrase it weird. Resurrection F has already been released, the anime adaptation of the arc had probably started by the point the interview was conducted. So it begs the question that if he meant Freeza, why not just say Freeza?

Also, he didn't just do the designs for the film, he wrote the whole script. Surely he would know that there's not really a lot of overlap for clashing colors of a white-haired Super Saiyan when Freeza's going gold... (Though the irony of the color swap for Saiyans becoming white and Freeza going gold would have been hilarious.)
I also agree it probably was Freeza, that's what makes the most sense in the context of the question and answer. Maybe Toriyama answered that way because, at the time, Freeza was to be "the next enemy" and he was just putting himself in that timeframe again.

Also, I think the clashing would be because Freeza has been (mostly) white the whole film and, when he finally changes color, Goku would turn white-haired. That was maybe what he meant.

WhisPL
Not-So-Newbie

Post by WhisPL » Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:50 am

Telamon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Telamon » Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:14 pm

Uh, will what? Will air? Will not air?
"Where is Super Sayan 3 against Beerus on the boat/pool party?" -WiseGuy

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:19 pm

Telamon wrote:
Uh, will what? Will air? Will not air?
Google translate makes it seem that it will
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

WhisPL
Not-So-Newbie

Post by WhisPL » Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:26 pm

Excuse me. Episode will be aired.

Shin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Shin » Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:02 pm

SSB2?

Dragon Ball /Z/GT/Super is a children's show and there's nothing wrong with that.

FlpShimizu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by FlpShimizu » Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:05 pm

It's probably just the artist's style, but it really looks like a SSJ2. Is that from McDonald's?
"I'm never fighting a gag manga character again!"

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:13 pm

Shin wrote:SSB2?

It has his Ssj2 hair and sparks but that's probably due to the artist liking the design and it's close to Ssj1 so he used it anyway.

I can't wait for all the Youtubers to make videos about Ssjb2 being confirmed.
Last edited by sintzu on Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:16 pm

Can't wait for Goku to use Kaio-ken and leave Vegeta, once again, in his dust, where he belongs.

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:18 pm

Considering SSjBlue drains stamina a lot.Mixing it with Kaioken would make it even more worse.He can probably only use it for few seconds like the tournament filler Super Kaioken.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:21 pm

Kuririn Fan wrote:Can't wait for Goku to use Kaio-ken and leave Vegeta, once again, in his dust, where he belongs.
I don't get why he's been getting hated on recently, it's not like he made Piccolo give up his victo...never mind, carry on with the hate. :lol:
Last edited by sintzu on Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:28 pm

I'm surprised they still didn't reveal some stuff for the next arc and hype the fans considering the tournament will end this morning's episode.So far,only the future-related and popular character returning was the only big revelation.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:32 pm

SSJ3 Vegeta wrote:I'm surprised they still didn't reveal some stuff for the next arc and hype the fans considering the tournament will end this morning's episode.So far,only the future-related and popular character returning was the only big revelation.
We might get something in this month's V jump.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:53 pm

sintzu wrote:
SSJ3 Vegeta wrote:I'm surprised they still didn't reveal some stuff for the next arc and hype the fans considering the tournament will end this morning's episode.So far,only the future-related and popular character returning was the only big revelation.
We might get something in this month's V jump.
I think we only got information on the tournament arc is to get people excitied for it as at the time they were currently airing the movie retellings and people might be losing interest.

TekTheNinja
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TekTheNinja » Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:22 pm

sintzu wrote:
Kuririn Fan wrote:Can't wait for Goku to use Kaio-ken and leave Vegeta, once again, in his dust, where he belongs.
I don't get why he's been getting hated on recently, it's not like he made Piccolo give up his victo...never mind, carry on with the hate. :lol:
Strange... Weren't you of the opposite opinion before?

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:28 pm

Shin wrote:SSB2?

If that's really gonna be SSJ2B, I will laugh so hard, then wait for people to think it's a great idea later.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:37 pm

TekTheNinja wrote:Strange... Weren't you of the opposite opinion before?
Was I against him doing that ? Yes and I still am but he's my favorite character so I'm also happy that he got more screen time and an extra win.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:40 pm

dbzfan7 wrote: If that's really gonna be SSJ2B, I will laugh so hard, then wait for people to think it's a great idea later.
Doesn't make sense give him another color, if we're following the same pattern. SSB3 would also be blue.
Just like when they use normal Ki to transform, all the forms are yelow.

If the white hair form turns out to be a thing in the future, Toriyama will have to come up with a new concept.
Because unless it's a new pattern (Gohan Mystic Powers + God Ki for example), a new hair color doesn't make sense at this point.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.