Looking To Buy All Japanese Dragon Boxes (DB, Z, GT & Movie)

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SuperGhostKamikaze
Not-So-Newbie

Looking To Buy All Japanese Dragon Boxes (DB, Z, GT & Movie)

Post by SuperGhostKamikaze » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:12 pm

Please Let Me Know If Anyone Here Is Interested In Selling I'm Looking For Each Set (Good-New Condition & Complete)

LordCrumb
Advanced Regular

Re: Looking To Buy All Japanese Dragon Boxes (DB, Z, GT & Mo

Post by LordCrumb » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:51 am

They are on Ebay all the time.. most expensive complete set I saw was $US100,000. Cheapest was about a Thousand just for Volume 1 of DBZ.

Wezenheim
Advanced Regular

Post by Wezenheim » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:44 am

LordCrumb wrote:They are on Ebay all the time.. most expensive complete set I saw was $US100,000. Cheapest was about a Thousand just for Volume 1 of DBZ.
Really? Huh. You can usually find the Z volumes on Amazon Japan for around $250-$300 used if you count shipping rates. That isn't exactly cheap, and new copies are a different story, but I wouldn't spend $1,000 on a volume. Heck, it's almost cheaper these days just to import the two Japanese Dragon Box volumes than to buy the American ones! Granted, you can't be guaranteed about how good the condition will be if you decide to import via Amazon Japan, but some sellers that ship internationally will have pictures posted.

No matter what method you choose, owning the whole series via Japanese Dragon Boxes is going to hurt your wallet a lot!

Vegard Aune
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Vegard Aune » Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:59 am

Well, whenever I look for stuff that's hard to find from Japan, I generally go to Mandarake. Now, the site is a bit unruly and poorly translated, and there are times when you might order something only to later be informed that they don't have said item anymore (No worries though, they only charge you for the items they can actually send you. If you order an item and it turns out it's been sold, they simply cancel your order and never even send you a bill)... All this being because they're a second-hand store and the items they put on the site are also up for sale in their store shelves and can be snagged by some in-store customers without the online store being updated... Which is why I generally look to see if they've got the items in stock at their SAHRA warehouse, as that one's the online store's warehouse, so if something is listed as being in stock there... they definitely still have it.

That said, I had a look, and found that they had two of the boxes in said one warehouse that's guaranteed to have them.
Dragon Ball
Z - Part 1

And two more, that may or may not actually still be there...
Z - Part 2
The movies

SuperGhostKamikaze
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SuperGhostKamikaze » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:08 pm

Thanks for the help guys appreciate it especially vegard

thejeremymenace
Beyond Newbie

Post by thejeremymenace » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:03 pm

I was able to get the DBZ boxes for about $200 per box (+ absurd shipping costs) using Buyee & Yahoo Auctions. Got the movies box on eBay for about $180, and a like-new DBGT box (complete with outer box and extras) for about $120 on Amazon Japan.

Yahoo Auctions has the best deals, but Buyee's shipping cost for an item like the Dragon Box is ridiculous because of the' absurd size & weight (both DBZ boxes were 17lb / 8kg together). It pretty much evens out with say, Amazon, where the cost per item is higher but shipping is cheaper. You should be able to find DB and Z for about $300 a box, DBGT and the movies anywhere from $150 to $250 per box. Probably more, depending on how you prefer the condition of the item.
デデーン
Twitter: @gravitypriest
Dragon Radar ~ Subtitles for the Dragon Box Thread | Download | Source
Dragon Ball dialogue bot @dbz_ebooks | Thread | Source

sayian_nation_
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by sayian_nation_ » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:12 pm

I so wish I could own the Japanese dragonboxes. I won't purchase just anything unless the items are new or in like-new condition with a few exceptions. If you have the money OP I'd go for it! I'm still tempted to little bit little once I save up enough.

LordCrumb
Advanced Regular

Post by LordCrumb » Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:43 am

Wezenheim wrote:
LordCrumb wrote:They are on Ebay all the time.. most expensive complete set I saw was $US100,000. Cheapest was about a Thousand just for Volume 1 of DBZ.
Really? Huh. You can usually find the Z volumes on Amazon Japan for around $250-$300 used if you count shipping rates. That isn't exactly cheap, and new copies are a different story, but I wouldn't spend $1,000 on a volume. Heck, it's almost cheaper these days just to import the two Japanese Dragon Box volumes than to buy the American ones! Granted, you can't be guaranteed about how good the condition will be if you decide to import via Amazon Japan, but some sellers that ship internationally will have pictures posted.

No matter what method you choose, owning the whole series via Japanese Dragon Boxes is going to hurt your wallet a lot!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-COMPLETE-DR ... SwDNdVgjSB

$100,000

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:58 am

Ooh, free shipping! :lol:

Wezenheim
Advanced Regular

Post by Wezenheim » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:44 am

LordCrumb wrote:
Wezenheim wrote:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-COMPLETE-DR ... SwDNdVgjSB

$100,000
Welp, I'll be sure to steer clear of Ebay for those if I ever decide to get some. :lol: