Xenoverse 2 Wishlist

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Re: Xenoverse 2 Wishlist

Post by Rinsankajugin » Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:36 pm

I already made my 2 cents on a possible roster, so here's some story wants of mine.

Main Story:
  • Bardock Saga (Father of Goku + Dragon Ball Minus)
  • Jaco Saga (Jaco the Galactic Patrolman)
  • Pilaf Saga
  • Tournament Saga
  • Red Ribbon Saga (including the Dr. Slump part)
  • Baba Saga
  • Tien Saga
  • King Piccolo Saga
  • Piccolo Jr. Saga
  • Saiyan Saga
  • Frieza Saga
  • Trunks Saga (History of Trunks)
  • Cell Saga
  • World Tournament Saga (Great Saiyaman + Other World arcs)
  • Buu Saga
  • Beerus Saga
  • Resurrection F Saga
  • Champa Saga
  • Final Tournament Saga (End of Z)
Side Stories (Events unlocked by meeting certain requirements in the main story):
  • Chilled Saga (Episode of Bardock)
  • King Gurumes Saga (Blood Rubies)
  • Lucifer Saga (Devil's Castle)
  • Ran Ran Saga (Mystical Adventure)
  • Garlic Jr. Saga (Dead Zone + the filler saga)
  • Wheelo Saga (World's Strongest)
  • Turles Saga (Tree of Might)
  • Slug Saga (Lord Slug)
  • Cooler Saga (Revenge + Return)
  • Super 13 Saga (Super Android 13)
  • Hatchiyack Saga (Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans)
  • Broly Saga (Legendary SSJ + Second Coming + Bio-Broly)
  • Bojack Saga (Bojack Unbound)
  • Janemba Saga (Fusion Reborn)
  • Hirudegarn Saga (Wrath of the Dragon)
  • Aka Saga (Hey, Son Goku and his Friends Return)
  • Baby Saga (Black Star DB + Baby Arcs)
  • Super 17 Saga
  • Shadow Dragon Saga
  • Goku Jr. Saga (A Hero's Legacy + End of GT)
Xenoverse Story (The MMO portion of the game):
  • Demigra Saga (Story of the first Xenoverse + DLC arcs)
  • Time Breaker Saga (The events of Dragon Ball Online)
  • Dark Demon Realm Saga (The new story introduced in Dragon Ball Heroes)

samuo2
Not-So-Newbie

Post by samuo2 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:43 pm

The problem I had with Dragon Ball Xenoverse, is that I expected a Dragon Ball fighting game.. And the results is a half-fighting-MMO Dragon Ball Game.

DB Xenoverse have a lot of good arguments (Story Mode, Roster, Creation of an Avatar, graphismes, OST) but I'm not a fan of his gameplay..

And I know the second opus will keep the same gameplay, so I whish Dimps will changes some of these points:
* More Avatar customisation
-Transformation : Assimilations for Nameks, Final Form and Golden Forms for Freezer's Clan, Maybe Absorption or Original body for Buus, Unlock Potential and Kaïo-Ken for Humans etc)
- More attacks, customization, clothes
* More Race (Cell-like, like in DBH (?), Androids (?), so one)
* Balance advantages/drawback of each clothes, so inequal in Xenoverse (all these spammers using 4 Star DB Clothes + Super Vegeta transformation.. :x )
* I regret that they have point add according to clothes.. Sometimes I just equipped clothes to my Avatar because it looks cool :'(
* Change the SSJ and Super Vegeta mechanics.. All these spams of Super Attacks..
* Obviously more Roster so more Chapter in History Mode, more attacks, possibility to use weapons (Z-sword, Nyoibo, Trunks's Sword, Tapion's Sword, Yamcha's Sword, Kame Sennin's Stick etc) wich are just decoration in DBX, more clothes
* Parallel Quest shouldn't replace non-adapted fight of the principal Story Mode
* The Drop of DBs... And all f*cking items too after all..
* Change the mechanics of Master, not enough of Quest per Connection to Toki Toki, too long to get attacks, not very interesting
* Add Movies and OVA's vilains
* Add third arc Dragon Ball Super'scharacters, DB Shonen Hen, Piccolo Daimao and Piccolo characters
* Giant characters like Oozarus, Janenba, Giant Namecks etc playables

Soooooo, like you deduced, it have a lot of things that I don't like in this Dragon Ball Xeniverse, generally it's good and fun, but not the type of game I search for adapted Dragon World in Video Games, this is why I dislike many points maybe.

I should talk about all new characters I want but a lot of members did very good lists ! :)
English isn't my native Language, please be understanding with faults and other grammatical mistakes, and don't hesitate to correct me !

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:37 pm

I just realized a really great idea...

The Capsule Corp. Fusion Band that's being introduced in Dragon Ball Project Fusion will probably be a really neat way to implement fusion customization to Xenoverse 2.

Let's say you get 2 of any character (whether it be a roster character or a created character) and add the fusion band to one of their custom accessory slots. Doing this will let you customize a new transformation and/or character (depending how the character roster slots will be done in DBXV2) by combining attributes from both fusees. This will also fuse their transformation paths if both characters have different transformations such as:

Goku/Broly:
  • Base/Base
  • Kaioken/Restricted SSJ
  • SSJ/Legendary SSJ
  • SSJ2/Legendary SSJ2 (The form from that TCG)
  • SSJ3/Legendary SSJ3
  • SSJG/Legendary SSJ4
  • SSJB/Full Power SSJ4
You can also have like 3-4 different movesets for the fusion, one based of the 1st character, one based of the 2nd character and the other two being custom slots.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:10 am

More custom attacks and no artificial difficulty.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Fresh Prince
Beyond Newbie

Post by Fresh Prince » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:19 pm

Scenerios Ideas -
Pre-Dragon Ball (Episode of Bardock (Bardock joins Time Breakers unwillingly) + Gohan Sr. Finds Goku + Gohan Sr. vs Great Ape Goku (Towa's Influence))
Emperor Pilaf Saga
Tournament Saga
Red Ribbon Army Saga
General Blue Saga
Commander Red Saga
Fortuneteller Baba Saga
Tien Shinhan Saga
King Piccolo Saga
Piccolo Jr. Saga
[Namek Saga
Trunks Saga
Android Saga
Imperfect and Semi-Perfect Cell Saga]

World Tournament Saga
Babidi Saga (Dabura Joins the Time Breakers)
Ressurection 'F' Saga
Champa Saga (Champa and Vados unexpectely arrive at the Time Nest like Beerus and whis did in Xenoverse 1)
Mira Saga (Young Demigra + Bardock SSJ2 + Super Towa and the Final boss Super Mira)
[Movie Sagas
Legions of Darkness Saga (Dragon Ball Heroes inspired arc)]

all I got guys.

TekTheNinja
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TekTheNinja » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:14 am

In Xenoverse the only real what if scenario was dark Hercule. I want more ACTUAL what ifs. Towa and Mira need to make actual changes instead of just powering up the villains or whatever.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:53 am

TekTheNinja wrote:In Xenoverse the only real what if scenario was dark Hercule. I want more ACTUAL what ifs. Towa and Mira need to make actual changes instead of just powering up the villains or whatever.
Not true, you had the Ginyu stuff, Perfect Cell in Future Trunks's timeline and the Bardock/Broly arc.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:55 am

Story Mode

- Make two story modes, one with original story and one with time breakers timeline.
- Add more what-ifs stories.
- Original story also includes Dragon Ball Super.

General

- Make finding Dragon Balls much easier, and make it more about skill than about luck/RNG.
- Allow our created characters to be on the same select screen. This way, we can have use all our created characters in quests or vs. matches.
- Put masters in specific locations, so that we know exactly where to find them.
- A bigger, or perhaps multiple overworlds. Maybe we can have an overworld on Namek, TokiToki, West City, etc. and we can switch between them. Also give us the ability to fly in these worlds.
- Allow 2v1s, 3v1s, 3v2s or even Free-for-All. Basically make it so that battles don't have to be equal.
- Make the time limit in matches an option.
- Most of the Original Cast Characters should be stronger than our CaC. It would be better if characters were more balanced like in BT3 (excluding Gogeta SSJ4)

Gameplay

- Improve combos and make them more complex like in Shin Budokai 2/BT3.
- Beam struggles MUST come back.
- Dramatically improve stage destruction: make it permanent and bring back the complete stage destruction like in older games.
- Have clothes destruction and show battle damage.
- Ki supers impact should feel more "right" as it felt in older titles.
- Maximum Charge should be default.
- Make Ki work more like it worked in BT3, including Blast stocks.
- Fix the camera when fighting.
- Fix the hit detection.
- Improve the lock-on system and please remove that circle. It's useless and ugly.
- Remove items from every form of PvP.

Character Creation

- More options for everything. Add face features option including facial hair and scars.
- Free slider when choosing Height and Weight. Majin race shouldn't lock fat to males and skinny to females.
- Can choose aura color and style, also your character has the same fighting style as his mentor.
- Option to have tails as a Saiyan. Equipment with tail wrapped around waist should be exclusive to Saiyans with tails.
- Full-Blooded Saiyan MUST have black hair.
- You can choose to make your Saiyan Full-Blooded or Half-Blooded. Half-Blooded can't go SSJ3 but they can use Potential Unlocked.
- We can customize all Freeza's Race forms.
- Balance all the races and add more CaC slots.
- Male Buus and Female Buus shouldn't be locked to fat or skinny, but it should be like other races with skinniest possible being Evil Buu skinny and medium being Super Buu's body.

Super Saiyan

- Hair must spike up when going SSJ, spike up even more when going SSJ2 and grow a lot when going SSJ3. We have the option to choose our SSJ 1-2-3 hairstyle.
- Remove Super Vegeta and Super Vegeta 2.
- SSJs shouldn't be about spamming. No infinite supers/ultimates.
- SSJ Boosts should be 5% boost to all stats. SSJ2 10% and SSJ3 25%.
- Unlike in Xenoverse, if you go Super Saiyan the transformation doesn't end when your Ki goes to zero.
- You revert to normal SSJ instead of base if you are a SSJ2 or above.
- The time duration of SSJ and SSJ2 should be infinite (with the option of going back to base) while SSJ3 drains ki and reverts you to SSJ1 if your Ki goes to zero.

Transformations

- Freeza Race should have a Assault Form, a Final Form and a Golden Form, like Freeza, and they should be permanent. Assault Form boosts all stats by 5%, Final Form by 10% and 100% form by 20% but would make it so that you gradually lose power until you get to 15%.
- Half-Blooded Saiyans and Humans should have Potential Unlocked, which should boost all stats by 15%
- Namekians should have "Namekian Fusion" which boosts all stats by 15%
- Buu race should have "Majin Awakening" which boosts all stats by 15%

Equipment

- No stats for equipment.
- Make all clothes color customizable.
- More original costumes.
- Capes and scarves become accessories

Roster

- Add new DBS characters and transformations.
- Add more Original Cast characters, priority to: Chiaotzu, Zarbon, Dodoria, Freeza 2nd form, Freeza 3rd form, Android 19, Android 16, Cell 1st form, Cell 2nd form, Swordless Trunks, Dabura, Majin Vegeta, Buutenks, Buuhan and Super Gogeta. If possible, add the remaining movie characters. Try to not make characters feel like clones.
- Introduce more new characters/transformations that are exclusive to the game. (What-If characters)

Graphics

- Graphics should be Cel-Shaded to feel more like the anime. Take Burst Limit as an example.
- Use new character models/Edit XV ones. Eyes and Nose of XV characters just don't look correct and head shape also looks wrong on some characters.
- Aura has to look like it looked on Burst Limit. That was perfect and very well done.
- Overall, make the game look more like the Anime.
Last edited by emperior on Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:55 am

emperior wrote:
- Use new character models. Eyes and Nose of XV characters don't look correct.
I'd just like to point out that new models are not needed for this and that would be a waste of time and money, they can just edit the existing models.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:55 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
emperior wrote:
- Use new character models. Eyes and Nose of XV characters don't look correct.
I'd just like to point out that new models are not needed for this and that would be a waste of time and money, they can just edit the existing models.

Well they should completely edit their heads, at least. If you look at Vegeta's face shape it just looks wrong.
Why can't characters look like they looked in Burst Limit or Raging Blast? Especially Raging Blast nailed them, including Super Saiyan hair looking more on the white when there's no aura around the character, exactly like in the anime.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

NothiaBlue

Post by NothiaBlue » Tue May 17, 2016 3:12 pm

In light of recent news.
(I may have gone a tad overboard)
I don't expect all of these; really, I just want an improvement from the first one. I'm excited for Xenoverse 2!
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Vados_chan
Banned

Post by Vados_chan » Wed May 18, 2016 4:40 am

Beam clashes
Planet destruction
Characters getting vaporized like they did in BT3

But they won't. Why they don't use these features anymore is confusing as hell to me.

Kokos

Post by Kokos » Wed May 18, 2016 6:03 am

Sweet list emperior! Just gonna put my own spin on it:
emperior wrote: General

- Make finding Dragon Balls much easier, and make it more about skill than about luck/RNG.
- Allow our created characters to be on the same select screen. This way, we can have use all our created characters in quests or vs. matches.
- Put masters in specific locations, so that we know exactly where to find them.
- Allow 2v1s, 3v1s, 3v2s or even Free-for-All. Basically make it so that battles don't have to be equal.
- Make the time limit in matches an option.
- Most of the Original Cast Characters should be stronger than our CaC. It would be better if characters were more balanced like in BT3 (excluding Gogeta SSJ4)

Gameplay

- Improve combos and make them more complex like in Shin Budokai 2/BT3.
- Ki supers impact should feel more "right" as it felt in older titles.
- Fix the camera when fighting.
- Fix the hit detection.
- Improve the lock-on system and please remove that circle. It's useless and ugly.
- Remove items from every form of PvP. Or remove it altogether! :P

Super Saiyan
- SSJs shouldn't be about spamming. No infinite supers/ultimates.
- SSJ Boosts should be 5% boost to all stats. SSJ2 10% and SSJ3 25%.
- Unlike in Xenoverse, if you go Super Saiyan the transformation doesn't end when your Ki goes to zero.
- The time duration of SSJ and SSJ2 should be infinite (with the option of going back to base) while SSJ3 drains ki and reverts you to SSJ1 if your Ki goes to zero.

Equipment

- No stats for equipment.
- Make all clothes color customizable.
- More original costumes.
- Capes and scarves become accessories

Roster

- Add new DBS characters and transformations.
- Add more Original Cast characters, priority to: Chiaotzu, Zarbon, Dodoria, Freeza 2nd form, Freeza 3rd form, Android 19, Android 16, Cell 1st form, Cell 2nd form, Swordless Trunks, Dabura, Majin Vegeta, Buutenks, Buuhan and Super Gogeta. If possible, add the remaining movie characters. Try to not make characters feel like clones.

Graphics
These I all agree with, especially the general and gameplay section will determine whether I will consider buying Xenoverse 2. None of your other ideas were bad, it's just that they don't really matter to me. Making the ki more like BT3 sounds pretty risky though, I have no problem with BT3's system aside from maybe how the character with the least ki will be in the best position when counter-teleporting. Doesn't make much sense, but maybe that's actually better for the gameplay. I'm still not sure, even though I still like playing BT3. But the developers of Xenoverse themselves should think how to best deal with ki, stamina, movement and ki management in general.

Some other things I'd like to see:

- Let us select transformations and turn them on/off, just for the sake of recreating battles in a casual way. Doesn't have to be a possibility in serious matches.
- No infinite ki/stamina for the CPU, at least in duel mode. There's no fun in a CPU constantly spamming escape moves and supers.
- Open chat, the current one is too restrictive and barely helpful. Keep the current one though, just in case the open chat abuse really bothers you that much and you want to try to get things done with others.
- RNG in general of course, don't make it so extreme! What's up with that? :roll: There is nothing clever or challenging about it in Xenoverse, it's just wasting our time :|
- 60fps for console, not everybody cares enough to get a gaming PC and I don't see why it isn't possible with the games.
- Make the stamina and ki of every character visible for everyone, otherwise competitive fighting becomes too much like gambling.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Wed May 18, 2016 11:50 am

I want as much customization as possible.

-I want to play as animal people like Oolong or the weird aliens or demons seen in the series. At the very least, give me a Pooh Bear Botamo to customize.
-I want options to fight hand to hand, sword, or power pole
-I want to play on Towa and Mirra's team as a Time Breaker.
-Romance with Supreme Kai of Time

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Wed May 18, 2016 1:25 pm

200+ hairstyles plus dlc hairstyles.
Kuro Tenshi

I am just a simple traveller

Ozotto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ozotto » Sat May 21, 2016 11:16 am

It seems as though the game will explore certain events that changed history, or change the history of events.
In any case, here's some of the 'what if' scenarios or stories, that I would like to see explored in the game.

What if Goku never bumped his head and was evil when Raditz came to Earth.
What if Raditz raised Gohan, and defeated Goku & Piccolo.
Future Trunks' vs. Majin Buu in his time line.
What if Goku & Gohan fused against Super Buu.
What if Piccolo became Majin and not Vegeta.
Goku on Yardrat.
Vegeta in space.
The History of Pikkon.

Konig
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Konig » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:53 pm

- Destructible scenery;
- Some transformations to the other races besides the Saiyans;
- A revamped SSJ transformation. The one in XV1 is ridiculous, since it's temporary and used to spam ki blasts, nothing like the manga/anime. Instead, they should make SSJ transformation "switchable on and off" and, like some people pointed out, they should make attacks (physical, strikes and ki blasts) more powerful at the cost of more ki/stamina consumption and a slower regen.
- More characters. The roster in XV1 is decent, but come on, we are in 2016. They have enough resources to put every DB character in the game. It's not like they were limited like they did in PS and PS2 games.
- I'd like to see a better offline versus mode. I know it's not the focus of the game, but it's a shame we can't play with our friends decently.

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:03 am

A tail option for the Saiyan race. Players will be able to decide on whether or not to add a tail to their avatar depending on their selected choice. There's not much to differentiate between humans and Saiyans appearance wise, so this would be a nice little feature.

Fresh Prince
Beyond Newbie

Post by Fresh Prince » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:00 am

ryou766 wrote:A tail option for the Saiyan race. Players will be able to decide on whether or not to add a tail to their avatar depending on their selected choice. There's not much to differentiate between humans and Saiyans appearance wise, so this would be a nice little feature.
I would like this, it shouldn't be on outfits...(bardock armor) it would be weird seeing other races with a tail.

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:34 pm

Fresh Prince wrote:
ryou766 wrote:A tail option for the Saiyan race. Players will be able to decide on whether or not to add a tail to their avatar depending on their selected choice. There's not much to differentiate between humans and Saiyans appearance wise, so this would be a nice little feature.
I would like this, it shouldn't be on outfits...(bardock armor) it would be weird seeing other races with a tail.
They've shown that it could be done with GT Goku and the SSJ4 transformations, so it shouldn't be that much of a difficult task to do.