"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Spenzer
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Spenzer » Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:07 pm

Is it possible that we get a trailer or something this week before E3 actually begins?

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:14 pm

Spenzer wrote:Is it possible that we get a trailer or something this week before E3 actually begins?
I doubt it. Most we'll get is a, "Hey guess what! We're gonna show" this and that "at E3! So come and watch!" I think I can wait a couple days. Even though I'm like SO HYPED. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:08 pm

So I finally saw the announcement trailer. And I see it's coming 2016. So...why am I not excited about this? And if it's only for PS4/XB1/PC, then I may not go for it. I don't have a PS4 and I'm still not inclined to get one and then have to pay for the online service just to play. I'm hoping I can still get XV2 for the PS3, that way I can transfer my character data easier.

For right now, I'm not excited. The graphics don't appear to be upgraded in any way. And all the announcement trailer has shown is that maybe our Home Location, Toki Toki City, is getting expanded. Beyond that, we're only seeing the same story line as XV1, only with the addition of the Movie stories. Which I would've preferred in XV1. I really hope we get some more information. Right now this just feels like a rushed project.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:26 pm

Zelvin wrote:So I finally saw the announcement trailer. And I see it's coming 2016. So...why am I not excited about this? And if it's only for PS4/XB1/PC, then I may not go for it. I don't have a PS4 and I'm still not inclined to get one and then have to pay for the online service just to play. I'm hoping I can still get XV2 for the PS3, that way I can transfer my character data easier.

For right now, I'm not excited. The graphics don't appear to be upgraded in any way. And all the announcement trailer has shown is that maybe our Home Location, Toki Toki City, is getting expanded. Beyond that, we're only seeing the same story line as XV1, only with the addition of the Movie stories. Which I would've preferred in XV1. I really hope we get some more information. Right now this just feels like a rushed project.
At least this time the PC port won't get rushed in like with XV1.

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:27 pm

BlazingBarrrager wrote:
Zelvin wrote:So I finally saw the announcement trailer. And I see it's coming 2016. So...why am I not excited about this? And if it's only for PS4/XB1/PC, then I may not go for it. I don't have a PS4 and I'm still not inclined to get one and then have to pay for the online service just to play. I'm hoping I can still get XV2 for the PS3, that way I can transfer my character data easier.

At least this time the PC port won't get rushed in like with XV1.
I didn't know the PC port was rushed... :?
Kuro Tenshi

I am just a simple traveller

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:29 pm

They made a port for the PC during production due to popular demand, so yeah it was going to be rushed. At least now since the PC version was revealed in the first trailer it won't be as rushed.

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:03 pm

BlazingBarrrager wrote:They made a port for the PC during production due to popular demand, so yeah it was going to be rushed. At least now since the PC version was revealed in the first trailer it won't be as rushed.
I don't find that the least bit comforting. I feel we shouldn't be getting this until 2017 and when they have a better idea of what the story is. I like that we're getting Slug and Turles. But they should've been in the 1st game. And I sure as hell don't want to see RoF or other movies as paid DLC again. I don't plan on the DLC this time around. Especially if it's just cosmetic and not worth getting. I don't plan on pre-orders either unless we get something really nice this time around. Even then I could probably just ask for the special copy on release anyway and still get the bonus. Like ost people did.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:46 pm

Zelvin wrote:I feel we shouldn't be getting this until 2017 and when they have a better idea of what the story is.
Don't forget it's probably been in development for over a year. I think they have a pretty good idea of the story by now. I wish it was sooner to be honest. :cry:
MyAnimeList | AniList

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:07 pm

Anime Kitten wrote: Don't forget it's probably been in development for over a year. I think they have a pretty good idea of the story by now. I wish it was sooner to be honest. :cry:
A year of development is about what it takes for every FPS game these days and every AssCreed game. It means there's no effort put into it and it's just being thrown out onto shelves to take your money.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:10 pm

We have a new Call of Duty coming out in November, but it probably won't do so well given how much hate it's getting. 2 million dislikes is not a good sign. With Dragon Ball being a popular thing again in the US, I think XV2 should sell just fine.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:41 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:We have a new Call of Duty coming out in November, but it probably won't do so well given how much hate it's getting. 2 million dislikes is not a good sign. With Dragon Ball being a popular thing again in the US, I think XV2 should sell just fine.
Hopefully it won't have as many issues as before...like hitbox issues and such. :b

Detective X
Beyond Newbie

Post by Detective X » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:57 pm

I find it a little hard to believe that the PC version of XenoVerse 1 was "rushed". It ran at a buttery-smooth 1080p 60fps on my 4 year-old PC and I never had any issues with it. It's the best performing version of the game, and doesn't have that unnecessary dark filter like the PS4 version.

Anyways, XenoVerse 2 likely has a shorter development period because they're not building an engine for it from the ground up. This go, they're able to save a ton of time by just using XenoVerse 1's engine.
We Gotta Podcast: https://www.youtube.com/@wegottapod

Zenkashuu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zenkashuu » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:34 am

Zelvin wrote:A year of development is about what it takes for every FPS game these days and every AssCreed game. It means there's no effort put into it and it's just being thrown out onto shelves to take your money.
Do you really think that Assassin's Creed or any FPS has one year of development cycle? I-I can't...

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:43 am

Since Dimps is already planning on adding Goku Black and Future Trunks on Dragon Ball Heroes roster pretty soon, I don't have any trace of doubt they will eventually make their way into XV2, even if it's DLC.

I'm confident the roster of XV2 won't disappoint even with some may not appearing.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:20 am

Theirs a good number of people of that don't like or just hate Xenoverse but I hope since Xenoverse had a ton of feedback with people (a fan base) that love XV1, I hope it outsells XV1.
Kuro Tenshi

I am just a simple traveller

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:20 pm

Grimlock wrote:Since Dimps is already planning on adding Goku Black and Future Trunks on Dragon Ball Heroes roster pretty soon, I don't have any trace of doubt they will eventually make their way into XV2, even if it's DLC.

I'm confident the roster of XV2 won't disappoint even with some may not appearing.
To be fair Heroes characters are a lot easier to make than characters in something like Xenoverse. I'm hoping at the very least the base game goes up through the Copy Vegeta "Arc" and then the first DLC will be the Future Trunks Arc.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:12 pm

I look forward on the English voices for the characters from Super since we will hear them in English before the show is dubbed. I see Chris Sabat voicing Hit. For Goku Black, I could see Sean Schemmel using his SSj3/SSj4 Goku voice for the role. SSj3 and SSj4 Goku always had a more deeper tone of voice and I can see it working for a evil version of Goku.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:19 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:I look forward on the English voices for the characters from Super since we will hear them in English before the show is dubbed. I see Chris Sabat voicing Hit. For Goku Black, I could see Sean Schemmel using his SSj3/SSj4 Goku voice for the role. SSj3 and SSj4 Goku always had a more deeper tone of voice and I can see it working for a evil version of Goku.
Glad someone around here likes the FUNimation dub. :P
MyAnimeList | AniList

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:26 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:I look forward on the English voices for the characters from Super since we will hear them in English before the show is dubbed. I see Chris Sabat voicing Hit. For Goku Black, I could see Sean Schemmel using his SSj3/SSj4 Goku voice for the role. SSj3 and SSj4 Goku always had a more deeper tone of voice and I can see it working for a evil version of Goku.
Glad someone around here likes the FUNimation dub. :P
*raises hand* I do too!!

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:30 pm

Let's hope this time we won't have horrible lip syncing like in XV.