Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Fionordequester » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:47 pm

Noah wrote:Pardon, but who? I don't remember Vegeta sharing any feelings about his homeworld destruction or that he had friends or something...
We know that he at least had some feelings for his father from one of the Dragon Ball Z Super episodes. You could see him getting visibly upset when Beerus was torturing King Vegeta, and even tried to step in and stop it at one point. This, of course, is to say nothing about other potential friends he could have had.

Then Frieza happens, at which point Vegeta learns that having any kind of emotional connection with others is a sign of weakness. And in the world he grew up in, one where Frieza had all the power...

Weakness=Death

Of course, this is all conjecture. And even if everything said here was true, Vegeta would probably never admit any of that, so we'll probably never truely know. The point is though, Vegeta isn't exactly someone we should be looking at if we want to know what Saiyans were generally like.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:40 pm

Vegeta look strange, not sure why, also..this Sunday we are back on main story
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:40 pm

Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:

Regarder
Regular

Post by Regarder » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:21 pm

Eh? The Saiyans always turned into Oozaru and wrecked everything right? That was normal procedure. I thought Freeza was interested in selling the planet, regardless of any cities on it.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:48 pm

Regarder wrote:Eh? The Saiyans always turned into Oozaru and wrecked everything right? That was normal procedure. I thought Freeza was interested in selling the planet, regardless of any cities on it.
An asteroid doesn't just wreck cities, it destroys basically everything, even the environment. The debris acted like hundreds of asteroids.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:51 pm

rereboy wrote:
Regarder wrote:Eh? The Saiyans always turned into Oozaru and wrecked everything right? That was normal procedure. I thought Freeza was interested in selling the planet, regardless of any cities on it.
An asteroid doesn't just wreck cities, it destroys basically everything, even the environment. The debris acted like hundreds of asteroids.
Pretty sure a bunch of 100 ft tall monkeys shooting energy blasts at anything and everything would pretty much do the same thing

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:27 pm

I've been wondering about that too, Vegeta told Nappa in series to not go rampage, or they won't sell this planet for high price, pretty sure when you send children as Oozaru, they destroy everything on planet too
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:24 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
rereboy wrote:
Pretty sure a bunch of 100 ft tall monkeys shooting energy blasts at anything and everything would pretty much do the same thing
The saiyans know what they are doing, they are not like Gohan as a Oozaru. They merely destroy the population centers and eliminate the resistance they find. At the end of the day, only something like 10% of the planet is wrecked (mostly where the population centers exist) and the environment remains basically unchanged.

And even if they were like Gohan, the effects wouldn't be the same. The only thing that would compare would be a planet killer ki blast kind of what Freeza did to Namek but that didn't actually make the planet blow up.

Regarder
Regular

Post by Regarder » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:16 am

coola wrote:I've been wondering about that too, Vegeta told Nappa in series to not go rampage, or they won't sell this planet for high price, pretty sure when you send children as Oozaru, they destroy everything on planet too
That's a good point. So the original series is ambiguous (contradictory?) on this issue too. It isn't up to Multiverse to clear that up.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:16 pm

Vegeta stepping in that guy head felt so lame to me, like wow... They can't be explict and show brains or something?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:08 pm

Noah wrote:Vegeta stepping in that guy head felt so lame to me, like wow... They can't be explict and show brains or something?
Eh...I dunno, considering how gruesome things have been in the past, I'm willing to accept a bit of bowlderization. Pretty much one of the main complaints of someone of the specials was that a good chunk of them were just devoted to the unnecessary, gruesome slaughter of our heroes.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:23 pm

"Get away from her you bitch!"

TrunksTrevelyan0064
Patreon Supporter

Post by TrunksTrevelyan0064 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:29 pm

Every time Multiverse returns to the main story, I'm blown away by the artwork. This looks stunning.
Usually goes by "Kevtrev" elsewhere online.
Draws comics that may or may not have been blatantly inspired by Akira Toriyama's manga.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:44 pm

Come to think of it...I haven't seen Alien. Or Aliens. I need to get on that, thanks DBM.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:09 pm

To this day i don't acknowledge Alien 3 as successor to Aliens, for what they did to Hudson and Newt :( Great artwork, Aliens was called in Poland Obcy: Decydujące Starcie (Aliens: Final Clash) probably becasue we don't have plural word for Alien
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:04 pm

Asura once again showing his art is up there with the best of them. Cold's form is still a abomination though.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:49 pm

coola wrote:To this day i don't acknowledge Alien 3 as successor to Aliens, for what they did to Hudson and Newt :( Great artwork, Aliens was called in Poland Obcy: Decydujące Starcie (Aliens: Final Clash) probably becasue we don't have plural word for Alien
Next Alien movie is retconning Alien 3 out of existence, or so I read on movie blogs.

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:20 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:Asura once again showing his art is up there with the best of them. Cold's form is still a abomination though.
Agreed.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:46 pm

Pretty hyped that´ve returned to main storyline.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

ParkerAL
Regular

Post by ParkerAL » Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:34 pm

Okay, I got to give Multiverse. That cover is wonderful.
coola wrote:To this day i don't acknowledge Alien 3 as successor to Aliens, for what they did to Hudson and Newt :(
Yeah, and it's a shame too, because otherwise the film is quite well made. David Fincher's skills as a director really shine through, despite all the absurd studio meddling he put up with.
Favorite Movies: Alien, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, The Thing, Evil Dead, The Land Before Time
Favorite Shows: Cardcaptor Sakura, Doctor Who, Wallace and Gromit, Wakfu, Yu Yu Hakusho
Favorite Manga: Fullmetal Alchemist, Hunter x Hunter, Dragon Ball
Augenis wrote:The power level view into the series has trained a significant portion of the fan base into real life stereotypical members of the Freeza empire, where each and every individual is reduced to a floating number above their heads and any sudden changes to said number are met with shock and confusion.