"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Re: Official Announcement Thread & Discussion

Post by omegalucas » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:29 am

The existence of the Super DBs does open the possibility of a true happy ending for Future Trunks, by basically repeating the wish Beerus made after the tournament but for Future Earth.
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

sayian_nation_
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by sayian_nation_ » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:07 am

So which universe is Future Trunks in?

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:14 am

Saiyan_nation_ wrote:So which universe is Future Trunks in?
Universe 7. It's a different timeline of U7, not a dufferent universe altogether

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:15 am

omegalucas wrote:The existence of the Super DBs does open the possibility of a true happy ending for Future Trunks, by basically repeating the wish Beerus made after the tournament but for Future Earth.
Hell yeah! And gattering the Super DBs again we could have our promissed trip to the Universe 6 before the Multiversal Tournament! GREAT!
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:42 am

So, Super Dragon Balls never get covered in living planets, right? There's the unsettling truth that you may have to exterminate whoever is present to reveal them.
Last edited by Nejishiki on Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:51 am

If they tried to use the ones in the main timeline, I sincerely doubt they're been covered by anything. There shouldn't be much of a time gap between the Hakaishin Invitational Tournament and Trunks' arrival.
Last edited by TheDevilsCorpse on Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:51 am

Nejishiki wrote:So, Super Dragon Balls never get covered in living planets, right? There's the unsettling truth that you may have to exterminate whoever is present on them to reveal those Super Dragon Balls.
And that's a good reason to have both Goku, Vegeta and maybe Cabba to have some good old-fashioned way Saiyan moments: killing for exploration purposes.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:01 pm

Fair point, Champa had been searching for them in a long period of time anyway.
Noah wrote:
Nejishiki wrote:So, Super Dragon Balls never get covered in living planets, right? There's the unsettling truth that you may have to exterminate whoever is present on them to reveal those Super Dragon Balls.
And that's a good reason to have both Goku, Vegeta and maybe Cabba to have some good old-fashioned way Saiyan moments: killing for exploration purposes.
Hey now, we're in a different AGE these days!

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:33 pm

I mean, there has to be a use for the Super Dragon Radar other than the finding of the last Super DB... which was right where they were. It'd be a neat way to tie-in everything: exploration of U6, closure for Future Trunks and an actual use for that radar.
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:42 pm

I would imagine after Goku Black is defeated that they will use the Super Dragon Balls to wish back everyone in Future Trunks timeline. So we will get some universe exploring in U6 later on hopefully.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:11 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:I would imagine after Goku Black is defeated that they will use the Super Dragon Balls to wish back everyone in Future Trunks timeline.
That would be the worst thing they could do cause all the people he lost is what made him who he is.

It would be like bringing back Bruce's parents or Peter's uncle Ben.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:12 pm

I hope they don't bring back everyone in Trunks timeline. Bulma and Mai, sure. The rest are gone and should stay gone. Time travel was a Hail Mary at the time, it worked to save the future and present, seeing everyone back after being dead for more than 10 years wouldn't be rewarding storytelling. Trunks killing the Androids and Cell, while imagining him helping rebuild the World was very satisfying. It would also be nice if they built a statue to Bulma, the true hero of the World!

Reuniting the Super Dragon Balls seems like an incredible difficult task, to be viable.

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:46 pm

LightBing wrote:I hope they don't bring back everyone in Trunks timeline. Bulma and Mai, sure. The rest are gone and should stay gone. Time travel was a Hail Mary at the time, it worked to save the future and present, seeing everyone back after being dead for more than 10 years wouldn't be rewarding storytelling. Trunks killing the Androids and Cell, while imagining him helping rebuild the World was very satisfying. It would also be nice if they built a statue to Bulma, the true hero of the World!

Reuniting the Super Dragon Balls seems like an incredible difficult task, to be viable.
This is why I am hoping Earths, and possibly even Namek's Dragon Ball's are destroyed. It is called Dragon Ball "Super" after all, and collecting the Super Dragon Ball's will surely be a challenge of it's own like it used to be in the early days of Dragon Ball. I think someone collecting the Earth's Dragon Ball's off screen to revive and restore destruction that someone brought upon the Earth for 20-30 some episodes is a bit too much. At least make it a challenge right? I'm not saying I want everyone to remain dead, but at least make their revival a challenge instead of making it like it never happened. Even GT made some sort of effort to make it look challenging with Black Star's.

dragonballhero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonballhero » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:31 pm

Personally, I want F. Trunks to have a happy ending no matter what. This includes EVERYONE returning to life in his timeline. However, I feel that if ANYTHING should be used to bring back everyone, it HAS to be the Super Dragon Balls, NOTHING LESS. I feel that there just HAS to be some sort of challenge in restoring his timeline to its former glory, and searching for those planet-sized MacGufffins are the BEST way to go about it, IMO. Heck, I kind of doubt Shenron and Porunga have THAT much strength to restore F. Trunks' timeline to its former glory anways, and personally? I REALLY want that to be the case. That both Shenron AND Porunga have a limit on that kind of wish-granting power, and who else should help restore F. Trunks' timeline than the strongest (?) Eternal Dragon? Also, it could allow Goku and the Dragon Team to have an excuse to travel between universes.

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:33 pm

dragonballhero wrote:This includes EVERYONE returning to life in his timeline.
That would ruin the unique feeling about both his character and his timeline in particular.

dragonballhero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonballhero » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:47 pm

ryou766 wrote:
dragonballhero wrote:This includes EVERYONE returning to life in his timeline.
That would ruin the unique feeling about both his character and his timeline in particular.
Yeah, I thought about that too, but considering how this saga of DBS may mark the final appearance of F. Trunks, I just feel that they may as well throw him a bone here.

BTW, I found this little pic. I felt I may as well post it here, though I doubt it contains anything important:

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:52 pm

It's from the Dragon Ball Heroes website, from before the first episode of the arc aired.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:48 pm

Can't get behind the idea of reviving everyone from future Trunks timeline.
Future Mai should still be alive, so he still didn't lose everyone. I think she's enough. I love the consequences and darkness of Future Trunks timeline and I don't wanna lose that.

We have enough happy endings on the main timeline.

Have an adventure quest for the Super Dragon Balls would be great, but that's what should've happened in Champa arc and they blew it.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:59 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:Can't get behind the idea of reviving everyone from future Trunks timeline.
Future Mai should still be alive, so he still didn't lose everyone. I think she's enough. I love the consequences and darkness of Future Trunks timeline and I don't wanna lose that.

We have enough happy endings on the main timeline.

Have an adventure quest for the Super Dragon Balls would be great, but that's what should've happened in Champa arc and they blew it.
Have to disagree.

It means more to search for the Super Dragon Balls to restore Future Trunks' world than to search for one Super Dragon Ball since they already had six of them just so Beerus can have the wish anyway. Also, they wouldn't even explore U6 since Champa already collected all the Super Dragon Balls in his universe, which was why he was looking in U7. It's very much a call back to when Gohan, Krillin, and Bulma went to Namek to revived their falling friends.

I am also not a believe in true art is angst. If Toriyama can tell a compelling story that ends with Trunks' world being restore after years of hardship and pain, then they should go for it. It's called, earned your happy ending.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:24 pm

So nobody think how weird is to Trunks and Bulma look exactly the same in HOT?

Trunks could have a beard, why not? Goku and Vegeta had! Beards are a trend now on and also would fit both for the apocalyptic time and for we to see an old mature Trunks living by nothing than cat food

Also Bulma should look like her GT counterpart for God's sake:

That's how she look when Trunks was about to finish Cell:
Okay, I don't how much time Black came after Trunks killed Cell... 5 years, 1 year, a week? Bulma don't exactly need to have that short hair, but just look old as she was in GT because logic yes, or just keep the damn long hair but it could be grizzly :)
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs