Majin Boo without the power of whom he absorbed?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Desassina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Majin Boo without the power of whom he absorbed?

Post by Desassina » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:05 am

I cannot fit the whole question in the topic title, so here it is: can Majin Boo have people in his stomach without using their power? I mean, Fat Boo was expelled in the same state as the others: unconscious; and he was affecting Kid Boo like Good Boo affected Super Boo, which means that he was connected. How else could Kid Boo use South Kaioshin's power for a moment? That's another story. Also, when Kid Boo spat Fat Boo out, there was no stated power loss, which leads me to believe that he can have people absorbed, without tapping into their power.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Re: Majin Boo without the power of whom he absorbed?

Post by Anime Kitten » Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:09 pm

He probably only uses the power of those whom he wants, and only when he wants to. He's weird like that.

Just a wild guess, but I'm probably wrong. :)
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

MadSaiyantist
Beyond Newbie

Post by MadSaiyantist » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:47 pm

There was no stated power loss however there was a different loss.

Fat Buu and all forms which have Fat Buu in them possess the Candy/Chocolate beam (seems like he can make anything he wants with it honestly).

The only forms that don't use the Candy beam in the manga are Grey Buu and Kid Buu AFTER spitting out Fat Buu. Seems to me like the beam was a technique which belonged to the Daikaioshin.

So while he may not have been using Fat Buu's physical strength, he was using his technique. This helps back up your theory.

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:28 pm

Vegeta had removed Fat Buu's pod, so he was inside the other Buu but wasn't connected, similar to Goku and Vegeta earlier. Also, Super Buu ate everyone at Kami's Temple, but didn't absorb their powers (of course because they are all weak, so he probably chose not to absorb them).
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

Desassina

Post by Desassina » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:39 pm

Kid Boo could have reconnected Fat Boo to access South Kaioshin's power. He was being affected, after all, no different than Good Boo inside of Super Boo, and Fat Boo came out unconscious.

Interesting point about his magic abilities! I would have never thought about it.

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:44 pm

Desassina wrote:Kid Boo could have reconnected Fat Boo to access South Kaioshin's power.
Well, if he had, I'm sure he would transform back into Super Buu.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

Desassina

Post by Desassina » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:49 pm

Sandubadear wrote:
Desassina wrote:Kid Boo could have reconnected Fat Boo to access South Kaioshin's power.
Well, if he had, I'm sure he would transform back into Super Buu.
That's why I'm saying that he only reconnected, but didn't use his power ;) He would have to take Dai Kaioshin's influence, because he and South Kaioshin were inside of Fat Boo. Think of Super Boo's reversal into Kid Boo as the latter using South Kaioshin's power for a moment, and thus turning into Buff Boo, before it slipped to reveal his true form. It's like a trade off between him and Fat Boo: so you want my power? You'll have to take me as well, and turn into Super Boo.

DemonRin
Advanced Regular

Post by DemonRin » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:18 pm

I think this whole thing with Boo and the absorption came from Toriyama's writing style. We know thanks to the main site's section on the Intended Endings that Toriyama was very free during the Boo arc and he could write by the seat of his pants without much interference by his editor, so I think that lead to some pretty crazy inconsistencies with how Boo's power absorption works.

That being said, I always reconciled it in my head as thus:

Fat Boo = Kid Boo + Dai Kaioshin with the Dai Kaioshin personality being mostly in charge, but with the Chatoic Kid Boo still in there, so they balance out into a naive, neutral personality.

Grey Boo shows up when the Dark thoughts of Fat Boo came out and IMO, the Fat Boo and Grey Boo who fought each other were made up of: Grey: 70% Kid Boo + 30% of Dai Kaioshin, while Fat is: 30% Kid Boo and about 70% Dai Kaioshin.

Super Boo, therefore, is the combination of Fat Boo and Dai Kaioshin again, only now instead of the two halves of him balancing each other out, you end up with the Kid Boo side being primarily, but not completely in control. So basically, back to 30% of Dai Kaioshin's personality being there. While it's not homeostasis anymore, it's enough to give him a distinct personality to Kid Boo.

I also think when Grey Boo ate Fat Boo, he made a conscious effort to not let him be digested and die like you would expect, but intentionally was reabsorbing him. I don't think he made this same conscious effort with everyone he ate. That's why most who he eats just die, while this one situation was special.

Then when you get to the point where you do Super Boo -> Kid Boo, I think what happened was that was just taking ALL of DaiKaioshin and expunging it from himself, but I think he had the Dai Kaioshin absorbed into him for so long that he slowly lost his individuality and became basically a facet of Boo, which is why when he's expunged, he becomes the Mr. Boo we all know and love rather than just coming out as Dai Kaioshin.

I assume all of the people Boo absorbed (Goten, Trunks, Piccolo, Gohan) would have shared the same fate had they been in there longer.
"FUNi should take [DBZ] out behind the woodshed, give it one last treat, then blow its f%#@$ng brains out before it attacks the baby again." ~Rocketman

Hitiro
I Live Here

Post by Hitiro » Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:03 pm

Mr. Boo was disconnected from Evil Boo though. So I would think that it was just a case of Mr. Boo just laying around in the body rather than Pure Boo actually disconnecting the effect of Mr. Boo. I mean surely if it were as you say he would want to be connected to Mr. Boo because being Evil Boo was beneficial, despite the Dai Kaioshin influence.

DemonRin
Advanced Regular

Post by DemonRin » Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:09 pm

Yeah, when Vegeta disconnected Mr. Boo, I think what happened was that Evil Boo, upon taking in Fat Boo, consolidated it so all the Dai Kaioshin inside him was there inside Fat Boo, but kept him attached so he could use parts of the power, like the chocolate beam. That's why he still had some influence over his personality, I threw an arbitrary number like 30% in there, but the point was that his personality was still at least a little influenced by Dai Kaioshin, but he'd consolidated it down all into there so it didn't have control.

Vegeta severing it then completely removed Dai Kaioshin from the equation, resulting in Boo reverting back to his "Pure" form. I think the severed Boo wasn't directly connected anymore, so he didn't have full influence on the personality, he was just hanging out inside, so he was only able to influence things in a subtle way rather than a direct way, which is why he was able to only briefly stall Kid Boo from attacking Mr. Satan and why it was easy for Boo to just spit him out.
"FUNi should take [DBZ] out behind the woodshed, give it one last treat, then blow its f%#@$ng brains out before it attacks the baby again." ~Rocketman

Hitiro
I Live Here

Post by Hitiro » Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:16 pm

Yeah, arguably if he had any say over the bad influences previously he would have removed them from himself. Like when the original Buff Boo absorbed Dai Kaioshin, he would have removed Dai Kaioshin when he realised it was weakening him. Boo, at that point, was not dumb.

Desassina

Post by Desassina » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:06 pm

Kid Boo would not have removed Dai Kaioshin from him, because the latter was Fat Boo's essence. He did the opposite though, which was to remove his evil as a grey Majin Boo. He did so as the spitting image of himself, while Super, Kid and Buff Boo were the only ones who resembled each other. Super Boo is not in the same line as Kid Boo, with or without South Kaioshin, because he ceased to be himself once Fat Boo was pulled out, so we could argue that there are 3 different personalities:
- Evil Boo -> Super Boo
- Kid Boo -> Buff Boo
- Fat Boo -> Good Boo

The kid could only have access to South Kaioshin if he tried to take him from Fat Boo, but the latter did not allow it, for he had buried his power in deep layers of suppression. The Boo that was spit out is the same as the original one that Goku fought, so he can't be powerless. It's all magic inside of him, and he behaves like a bubble gum, so reconnecting the fatso should be a possibility.

Hitiro
I Live Here

Post by Hitiro » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:00 pm

Desassina wrote:Kid Boo would not have removed Dai Kaioshin from him, because the latter was Fat Boo's essence. He did the opposite though, which was to remove his evil as a grey Majin Boo. He did so as the spitting image of himself, while Super, Kid and Buff Boo were the only ones who resembled each other. Super Boo is not in the same line as Kid Boo, with or without South Kaioshin, because he ceased to be himself once Fat Boo was pulled out, so we could argue that there are 3 different personalities:
- Evil Boo -> Super Boo
- Kid Boo -> Buff Boo
- Fat Boo -> Good Boo

The kid could only have access to South Kaioshin if he tried to take him from Fat Boo, but the latter did not allow it, for he had buried his power in deep layers of suppression. The Boo that was spit out is the same as the original one that Goku fought, so he can't be powerless. It's all magic inside of him, and he behaves like a bubble gum, so reconnecting the fatso should be a possibility.
I'm not sure what you're getting at. Why couldn't Fat Boo removed the Dai Kaioshin influence when he initially absorbed him when he realised that it was bad for him if it was a simple process of just removing/negating who you absorb? I understand why he wouldn't want to later down the line because the essence of the South Kaioshin and Dai Kaioshin fully merged with Boo after all those years so if Boo wanted to keep the power from the South Kaioshin he would have no choice but to use Mr. Boo(Who represents the South Kaioshin and Dai Kaioshin now).

But at the start I would imagine both the Kaioshin were pods much like the kids, Gohan, Mr. Boo and Piccolo were when Goku and Vegeta tried removing them. The only conclusion we can draw from this is that once Boo absorbs someone, other than physically removing them from within, he has no way to seal off their power/influence. He may not even be able to remove them himself, much like how Vegeta stated he couldn't bring himself to mortally wound himself on Namek and needed Kuririn to do it. The only reason Pure Boo could remove Mr. Boo was because he was already severed so all he had to do was cough him up.

While reconnecting Mr. Boo is a possibility I don't see the disconnecting part as a possibility purely because he could have done so at any point prior if he thought something was bad for him. Yet he kept the Dai Kaioshin absorbed way back then despite it weakening him. Which eventually became the Mr. Boo we know today.

Desassina

Post by Desassina » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:27 pm

Let's not complicate stuff, but do it anyway. Dai Kaioshin was Majin Boo's essence as Fat Boo. He would have to remove himself from his body, so he expelled the "other side" instead, which didn't make his personality. Or maybe it did when he got angry, triggering his own power, but it went away once he released Evil Boo.

This is why I believe that Kid Boo tapped into the power of Fat Boo inside of his own stomach (after Vegeta removed his pod), as if the latter got angry and used the other side of him, which could be South Kaioshin. It's like those Russian dolls: you're tapping into something inside of another that is inside of you.

For all intents and purposes, we didn't see any Kaioshin inside of Super Boo, so Buff Boo should have appeared from Kid Boo trying to use the power inside of Fat Boo, before it slipped to reveal his true form. It takes some getting used to this idea that you can't remove yourself as a personality from your own body.

Hitiro
I Live Here

Post by Hitiro » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:04 pm

Desassina wrote:Let's not complicate stuff, but do it anyway. Dai Kaioshin was Majin Boo's essence as Fat Boo. He would have to remove himself from his body, so he expelled the "other side" instead, which didn't make his personality. Or maybe it did when he got angry, triggering his own power, but it went away once he released Evil Boo.

This is why I believe that Kid Boo tapped into the power of Fat Boo inside of his own stomach (after Vegeta removed his pod), as if the latter got angry and used the other side of him, which could be South Kaioshin. It's like those Russian dolls: you're tapping into something inside of another that is inside of you.

For all intents and purposes, we didn't see any Kaioshin inside of Super Boo, so Buff Boo should have appeared from Kid Boo trying to use the power inside of Fat Boo, before it slipped to reveal his true form. It takes some getting used to this idea that you can't remove yourself as a personality from your own body.
One could argue the expelling process of his evil was not done by himself but rather the evil itself. Otherwise it would never have happened? I really don't think Pure Boo tapped into anything after he transformed into Pure Boo. Because the cast would have indicated fluctuations in his power otherwise.

It is more likely that while Evil Boo was using Mr. boo as a base to draw power from and maintain his personality and then when that was severed the power he was drawing off burned off. Similar to how he transformed to feature Piccolo after he lost the fusion. It wasn't a thing that happened instantly, it took a good second or two.

Desassina

Post by Desassina » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:28 am

Hitiro wrote:I really don't think Pure Boo tapped into anything after he transformed into Pure Boo. Because the cast would have indicated fluctuations in his power otherwise.
And they did notice a power increase, when he transformed into Buff Boo. Kid Boo took over as a personality the moment Super Boo disappeared by getting Fat Boo pulled out. He still had Super Boo's body when he turned into Buff Boo, but I guess that it could have been a conveniently slow process, in order to hide his true appearance from us (the readers). The alternative where he simply burns off South Kaioshin's influence is also good, because he was in pain during the process, but I'd rather say that Buff Boo belongs to Kid Boo and that he's not in line with Super Boo.

Hitiro
I Live Here

Post by Hitiro » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:07 am

Desassina wrote:
Hitiro wrote:I really don't think Pure Boo tapped into anything after he transformed into Pure Boo. Because the cast would have indicated fluctuations in his power otherwise.
And they did notice a power increase, when he transformed into Buff Boo. Kid Boo took over as a personality the moment Super Boo disappeared by getting Fat Boo pulled out. He still had Super Boo's body when he turned into Buff Boo, but I guess that it could have been a conveniently slow process, in order to hide his true appearance from us (the readers). The alternative where he simply burns off South Kaioshin's influence is also good, because he was in pain during the process, but I'd rather say that Buff Boo belongs to Kid Boo and that he's not in line with Super Boo.
Well, personality wise, yes. It is just Pure Boo's personality with the additional power. But I don't think that side of Boo "belongs" to any one version of Boo. We could argue that Evil Boo is the body shape he is because he is at the middle ground of using the South Kaioshin Influence while still being restrained by the Dai Kaioshin Influence which is what was making up his current personality. The issues arrise when Goku already established that he and Vegeta would not stand a chance fighting Evil Boo. And yes, they noted Boo's power increase when the turned into Buff Boo. But after he reverted to Pure Boo they were both relieved. Indicating his strength must have fallen once he burned off the South Kaioshin's presnece. Goku's words also indicated they achieved their goal in making Boo weak enough to handle. So I'd say that the South Kaioshin's influence is purely an increase in power rather than anything to do with influencing their personality. And the Dai Kaioshin presence that exists within Mr. Boo is what actually changes their personality.

Desassina

Post by Desassina » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:12 am

Ah, so that was the problem all along. I was not saying that Kid Boo tapped into the power of South Kaioshin throughout the battle, only when Super Boo transformed into Buff Boo. Kid Boo was his original self, and so was Fat Boo, so it makes sense for South Kaioshin to be in the latter. And that's why I was asking if Kid Boo could have Fat Boo inside of his stomach without using his power, because he didn't lose any when the latter was spit out.

In other words, we're basically in agreement, but with two different methods.