How strong is Mirai Trunks in Super?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Re: How strong is Mirai Trunks in Super?

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:57 pm

It seems as though he maxed at SSJ2 with the training of Kaioshin.

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:01 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:It seems as though he maxed at SSJ2 with the training of Kaioshin.
So, Trunks would have been strong enough to handle Dabura in the main timeline, then? Goku and Vegeta were both stronger than how Gohan was when he fought against Cell, and seeing Trunks using SSJ2 in addition with the power he obtained after training with the Kaioshin, he must be immensely powerful. Of course, not strong enough to handle SSJ3 Goku (fucking troll).

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:03 pm

He beat Dabura as a Super Saiyan. Then it would seem as though several years passed and with more training he was able to become a Super Saiyan 2.

How strong was Dabura supposed to be again? Was it Super Saiyan Gohan he fought or Super Saiyan 2? Depending on which it was he's either around SSJ2 Goku and Vegeta level as were seen in the Buu arc or he's twice as strong as that.

That is obviously not taking into account that he fought current Goku though who is supposed to be stronger than SSJ3 Gotenks in Base though it's not like Goku struggled at all.

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:04 pm

Dabura fought against SSJ2 Gohan, if I remembered correctly. But of course, Gohan's form wasn't nearly as strong as it was back in the day.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:09 pm

Bullza wrote:How strong was Dabura supposed to be again? Was it Super Saiyan Gohan he fought or Super Saiyan 2? Depending on which it was he's either around SSJ2 Goku and Vegeta level as were seen in the Buu arc or he's twice as strong as that.
Goku stated that he initially believed that Dabra was as strong as Cell, but when he saw him actually fight, he stood corrected and realised that Dabra was much stronger than he thought.

Neon Z
Advanced Regular

Post by Neon Z » Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:15 pm

Gohan's form there is always debated. Visually, he looked just like when he turned SSJ1 while seeing Videl being beaten up, rather than SSJ2 with the sparks. However, that design was different from the SSJ1 earlier in the arc, and the manga never establishes that he can't turn into a SSJ2 clearly either, just that he isn't drawing on his hidden powers, so many people assume that he was SSJ2 there.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:20 pm

Now we at least know he's strong enough to become Super Saiyan 2, all foreshadowed by Dragon Ball Budokai 2 and Heroes. :P
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:23 pm

Grimlock wrote:Now we at least know he's strong enough to become Super Saiyan 2, all foreshadowed by Dragon Ball Budokai 2 and Heroes. :P
I always found it random how it was just implemented in Budokai 2.

Vados_chan
Banned

Post by Vados_chan » Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:06 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Bullza wrote:How strong was Dabura supposed to be again? Was it Super Saiyan Gohan he fought or Super Saiyan 2? Depending on which it was he's either around SSJ2 Goku and Vegeta level as were seen in the Buu arc or he's twice as strong as that.
Goku stated that he initially believed that Dabra was as strong as Cell, but when he saw him actually fight, he stood corrected and realised that Dabra was much stronger than he thought.
Was that in the manga or anime? Cause i'm sure the anime made him look better than he did in the manga.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:39 am

Vados_chan wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
Was that in the manga or anime? Cause i'm sure the anime made him look better than he did in the manga.
That was in the manga and anime.

Saiyan Soul

Post by Saiyan Soul » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:17 am

Definitely stronger than Gohan at the stage when he faced Dabura. Probably a little below Majin Vegeta
"It will take more than head games to stop me! You may have invaded my mind and my body, but there's one thing a Saiyan always keeps...HIS PRIDE!"

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:24 am

Lord Beerus wrote:It seems as though he maxed at SSJ2 with the training of Kaioshin.
I think Herms made a mistake and corrected it by saying rather than training he was able to defeat Dabra thanks to "instructions" from a Kaioshin. I don't know if instructions is what gave him SSJ2, unless this Kaioshin knows about SSJ2 and told Trunks about it and that it'd be enough.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:51 am

Alruneia wrote:I don't think we have enough information from the future to be able to really tell, but I'll try to come with some estimates. First off, we don't know if Future Trunks pulled a Gohan or not. His power when he killed Future Imperfect Cell was probably... around Semi-perfect Cell, I'd say, when he fought as a Super Saiyan, so I'll work from there.

He can have kept on training since then, and after all these years reached a power level close to Super Saiyan 2 Teen Gohan. I don't see Future Trunks being any stronger than that. He must have trained on his own, which is pretty inefficient, so it's more of an upper limit than anything.
He can also have stopped. In that case his power will have dropped and his Super Saiyan strength might even be down to where it was when he killed Freeza in the main timeline. I don't see him being lower than that, though.
In any case, though, Super does show that Future Trunks' quality of life has been low since Black appeared. If you don't live well and you don't eat well (see the canned food Future Mai gave him), your strength will decrease. So I don't see any way for him to be much stronger than regular Perfect Cell at most.
So there's the ballpark, I guess. Somewhere between around SSJ Future Trunks (Sword) and around Perfect Cell (at most SSJ2 Teen Gohan), to use game terms.
I guess I'll address this post now that we know more. Future Trunks might even be all the way up to Good Buu level. I didn't consider this originally as I didn't expect Super Saiyan 2 to ever show up again. Additionally, Future Trunks defeated Future Dabura without transforming into SSJ2. SSJ2 Gohan struggles against Dabura in the present, which might suggest Super Perfect Cell level even if Gohan got weaker. Future Trunks killing Dabura and then continuing to train, with the ability to transform to the next level, implies that Future Trunks now should be somewhere near Good Buu's level. At least to me. I'm assuming that when Buu split into Good Buu and Evil Buu it was about a 60-40 split, by the way.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:17 am

I think he is at the most as strong as Ultimate Gohan. We do not know how much stronger SSJ3 Goku is now. Especially if the story now (might) treat all of Goku's forms having a divine power boost.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:24 pm

Xeztin wrote:
I think Herms made a mistake and corrected it by saying rather than training he was able to defeat Dabra thanks to "instructions" from a Kaioshin. I don't know if instructions is what gave him SSJ2, unless this Kaioshin knows about SSJ2 and told Trunks about it and that it'd be enough.
Oh, really? Well... that really makes much less sense. Ugh, really Super? :?

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:29 pm

Trunks achieving Super Saiyan 2 out of his training is acceptable, Vegeta also achieved it through training, and think deeper, both of the took almost the same amount of time, Vegeta in the seven years between Cell and Buu and Trunks in the nine years between Cell and Babidi or Goku Black.

Though I'd like to know what are these instructions and which Kaioshin he spoke to. :think:
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~