Will Android 17 make an appearance in Super?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Shinomori
Beyond Newbie

Will Android 17 make an appearance in Super?

Post by Shinomori » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:48 pm

Near the end of DBZ, Android 17 made an appearance as a park ranger or something like that. I don't know if this was an anime only appearence or not, but it's safe to say he is a good guy. I always found it strange 17 never contacted his sister to see how she was doing. Wouldn't it be great if he paid her a visit and meet his niece? Of course we know Toriyama under utilize a lot of his past characters. Maybe he will show up for the tournament between universes. All in all, I want to see the interaction between him and 18.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there new information out there about 17 stating he had his own family?

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Will Android 17 make an appearance in Super?

Post by ekrolo2 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:53 pm

I doubt he will but I think it'd be interesting to see Future Trunks deal with the "domesticated" people who pretty much made his life a living hell.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Shinomori
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shinomori » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:09 pm

The only time we really see 18 smiling is when she's with Krillin and Marron. I remember during the buu arc, there were several shots of her just looking with indifference during several events. (Go look up on Youtube of Goku first meeting Goten) If 17 were to visit, we would get to see a side of her we rarely see in her character. In GT, 17 was once again presented as a bad guy, so we need to see him as he is now.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:27 pm

It's possible, but I doubt it. If he does, it may be a small cameo.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:52 pm

Anything's possible, but at most it'd probably be some kind of cameo.

Personally I'd rather see Suno and #8 actually.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:57 pm

It'd be cool to see how he relates to everyone on-screen, even if it's to be a cameo. I'd like to see him and other minor characters to make a cameo but speaking something.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Sonicjamareiz
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Sonicjamareiz » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:22 pm

Androids 16 & 17 are easily my favorite characters in the series I would love for them to come back more so 17 :D
Purple Cum Monster Vegeta arc :sick:

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:58 pm

God, I hope so. We really need a 18/17/Krillin episode, especially now that 17 has a family and has become a park ranger. That is the kind of material that would have been perfect for a filler episode or two prior to the Resurrection F arc or the Universe 6 arc.

Shinomori
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shinomori » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:40 am

Lord Beerus wrote:God, I hope so. We really need a 18/17/Krillin episode, especially now that 17 has a family and has become a park ranger. That is the kind of material that would have been perfect for a filler episode or two prior to the Resurrection F arc or the Universe 6 arc.
You hit the nail on the head with that one. To this day I still haven't watched the first filler episode with Mr. Satan fighting an alien I believe it was. (The episode right after the BoG arc ended) The episode is probably funny, but at the time of seeing the preview for it, in my mind I was saying "Oh no, not this Satan stuff again". Give me a slice of life episode with 17 and his family. Maybe have Piccolo and him go at it to finally settle their battle that Cell interrupted.

HybridSaiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by HybridSaiyan » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:51 pm

GT brought back 17, Super should do it too. It'll add something new to the series and give us that closure we all deserve with his twin sis.