Toei Animation Latin America Lying On Anime Expo?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Toei Animation Latin America Lying On Anime Expo?

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:10 pm

...Yet its NOT TRUE. I didnt want to get banned so I didnt call them out on it but they are lying to their fans. That's not kosher. Or are they?
Last edited by Cure Dragon 255 on Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Ajay

Re: Toei Animation Latin America said its promoting Super on

Post by Ajay » Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:27 pm

That title click-baited me so hard.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:31 pm

I wanted to put that they were lying and or that at least were saying half truths. Sorry for not putting that in the title. I really am. I hate that they are playing with fans hype and hope.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:55 pm

Can you provide any context at all for what you're talking about? It's difficult for people to have a conversation when there is nothing to go on.

Where did Toei LA say this? When did they say it? What specifically did they say? Have you independently confirmed both what they said and what is supposedly not happening?
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:03 pm

They are saying they are showcasing Super on Anime Expo on their booth...but to be fair, I'm not sure if its true or not. I'm going to change the title to be less misleading.

Here its where they said it.

https://www.facebook.com/ToeiAnimation. ... =3&theater

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Toei Animation Latin America Lying On Anime Expo?

Post by MCDaveG » Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:31 am

Please, next time include the actual reason and some URL for the claim, I was pretty confused.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88