Dragonball Super Fans Vs Dragonball Z Fans

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

HybridSaiyan
Advanced Regular

Re: Dragonball Super Fans Vs Dragonball Z Fans

Post by HybridSaiyan » Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:26 am

Z also involved Gohan within the main Storyline. Gohan is nowhere to be seen in this series which is a big "fuck you" to all the Gohan fans out there. He had more appearances in GT.
It's Goku and Vegeta all the time in Super. At least Z made full use of all its cast and tried to make them relevant.

Lujin_16
Regular

Post by Lujin_16 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:57 am

HybridSaiyan wrote:Z also involved Gohan within the main Storyline. Gohan is nowhere to be seen in this series which is a big "fuck you" to all the Gohan fans out there. He had more appearances in GT.
It's Goku and Vegeta all the time in Super. At least Z made full use of all its cast and tried to make them relevant.

At least Z made full use of all its cast and tried to make them relevant.????

Super does the same with Whis,Beerus,Monaka,jaco,Pilaw Gang,Bulma,Mai,Future Trunks,Piccolo,Kuririn so what's your point??

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:20 am

Lujin_16 wrote:I must say episode 5 was bad.
Not according to Toei :
Interviewer wrote:speaking of Dragon Ball Super: what's up with the animation issues that have been happening?
Hayashida wrote:The criticism we've received has been way too overblown. The animators responsible for those scenes are newbies who just started working at this level in the industry, they are good animators, and I just do not understand why they get picked on to such a degree.
If that isn't enough to convince you that Super won't change then nothing will, It's obvious that Toei and Toriyama are more than happy with the mediocrity they're putting out and it's not going to change unless there's a huge management change over at Toei.
Toei was right, fans were overeacting by an increadible degree on episode five.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:10 am

Lujin_16 wrote:You sound like a hater :clap:
If I hated it I wouldn't be watching and talking about it every week.

Fans who are complaining just want something better because they have high standards for the franchise.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:33 am

The whole argument is so weird.

If l like Breyer's Chocolate Ice Cream and you give me Breyer's Vanilla Ice Cream...

Am I automatically supposed to like it because
A) It's Breyer's?
b) It's Ice Cream?

Seriously just like in that scenario some will hate it, some will be ok with it, and some will love it.
Each opinion is legitimate because it's about individual tastes.

Now this scenario is of course assuming quality is equal... but that's another topic altogether.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:35 am

sintzu wrote:
Lujin_16 wrote:You sound like a hater :clap:
If I hated it I wouldn't be watching and talking about it every week.

Fans who are complaining just want something better because they have high standards for the franchise.
They have high standards for a franchise of which the best animation wasn't even from Toei themselves?

HybridSaiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by HybridSaiyan » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:44 am

Lujin_16 wrote:
HybridSaiyan wrote:Z also involved Gohan within the main Storyline. Gohan is nowhere to be seen in this series which is a big "fuck you" to all the Gohan fans out there. He had more appearances in GT.

Super does the same with Whis,Beerus,Monaka,jaco,Pilaw Gang,Bulma,Mai,Future Trunks,Piccolo,Kuririn so what's your point??
No. What does Piccolo and Krillin do? Oh yeah, talk and that's it. Where have they contributed in combat or helped defeat an enemy?

I don't care for Monaka, Jaco, and the Pilaf Gang. I don't see any reason for them being in the series other than for comic relief.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:53 am

HybridSaiyan wrote:I don't see any reason for them being in the series other than for comic relief.
You literally just explained why they're in the series after saying you don't see a reason for it, though.

What you're likely trying to say (and what I encourage you to in fact actually say) is that you don't find it funny and would prefer they are not there. That's not the case for everyone, and it shows maturity and growth as a fan to understand that not everything is for you.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

HybridSaiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by HybridSaiyan » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:59 am

VegettoEX wrote:
HybridSaiyan wrote:I don't see any reason for them being in the series other than for comic relief.
You literally just explained why they're in the series after saying you don't see a reason for it, though.

What you're likely trying to say (and what I encourage you to in fact actually say) is that you don't find it funny and would prefer they are not there. That's not the case for everyone, and it shows maturity and growth as a fan to understand that not everything is for you.
Yeah, thanks for summing it up for me.

I miss the days when they used Oolong, Puar and Roshi for that stuff..

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:10 am

HybridSaiyan wrote:
VegettoEX wrote:

Yeah, thanks for summing it up for me.

I miss the days when they used Oolong, Puar and Roshi for that stuff..
You probably accepted their antics better in Z because they weren't tagging along everywhere and the most you got from them was a cut away with some exposition or filler.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:13 am

Lujin_16 wrote:Super does the same with Whis,Beerus,Monaka,jaco,Pilaw Gang,Bulma,Mai,Future Trunks,Piccolo,Kuririn so what's your point??
This is your idea of a relevant cast ? your standards for the franchise are a lot lower than I thought.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

ClinicalBM

Post by ClinicalBM » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:13 am

I found the battle of Gods battle good and interesting overall. In the movie as well. Beerus and Whis are great additions and very useful as plots. This battle was one of the best if not the best fight of the series in the arch.

The new Frieza Arch made no sense. I thought that the earth Dragon Balls could only revive a person dead less than a year, or did the new young Namekian alter its powers that much? Even then, Frieza getting more raw power than a SSJG/blue after 6 months training with some weakling makes little sense, regardless of his insane potential/talent, knowing what Goku and Vegeta had to go through to get there with Whis. Bad plot overall. Shame, a fusion with some other unknown Frieza-like being for instance (his son or something like that) as the second wish, then some actual intense training element as well plus a new original transformation and more episodes/build up could have made for an interesting arch.

The 6 and 7 universe tournament arch was decent even if short lived. The Hit – goku battle was intense and probably the moment of the Series, next to Goku going SSJG for the first time vs. Lord Beerus.

This new arch is getting better by the episode. Hope it continues.
I find it the best arch since the Namek/true Frieza arch, which was the best arch of DBZ imo.
I didn’t like the android arch. (Androids more powerful than Emperor Frieza, created by some evil genius earth scientist is a little far-fetched, taking that plenty of aliens are more advanced overall and more powerful beings and shit scared of Frieza).
And the Cell arch didn’t do it for me either in DBZ, decent at best and the Buu arch was a little over the top, but still very interesting. So yeah, to me both are a mix.

And yeah – the anime at times was very shady in DBS. But they had very good episodes as well. I like its comical tone as well. Though – yes, dbz had better sound, anime, color and some plots overall until now. Though DBS isn’t bad sound wise either.
Super is clearly better than GT to me though. SSj4 should have been a thing though, I like that concept a lot more than SSJblue. I rather God mode SSJ had gray hair and a fur plus as well.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:08 pm

Lujin_16 wrote:

Holy hell. You actually think piccolo, krillin, Monaka, and Jaco are relevant? Lol. Their utilization is nothing compared to what Z would have done. Let's not pretend that character utilization in super is half as good as Z
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Lujin_16
Regular

Post by Lujin_16 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:18 pm

kinisking wrote:
Lujin_16 wrote:

Holy hell. You actually think piccolo, krillin, Monaka, and Jaco are relevant? Lol. Their utilization is nothing compared to what Z would have done. Let's not pretend that character utilization in super is half as good as Z

You really think dragonball is all about fighting?? Than watch Dragonball and not only Dragonball Z than you will understand Super more

buutenks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by buutenks » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:25 am

I like both dbz and super. And db.

Sodhi
I Live Here

Post by Sodhi » Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:31 am

I am a dragonball fan not db, dbz or super in particular. However I got to say I like Z more than super as of now.This trunks arc can change my opinion if the quality keeps up till the end. As of now though when I hear something like this dbz wins me over.

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Post by ChronoTwigger » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:19 pm

If someone explain his own POV, even if contrary to trends or mine, it's ok.
People have the full rights to hate Super, if they have any opinion about.
So, for example, I read all Sintzu opinions 'cause I found interesting different toughts than mine.

When you read "Da show sucks, bro, gimme back Gouku vs Broly!", "Toriyama's doing bad animation, work for $$$", or "No blood! lulzwhat? They're skinny!" chances are you're facing a 6 years troll apprentice. Nothing to care about.
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

Nekis13
Regular

Post by Nekis13 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:43 pm

sintzu wrote:
Lujin_16 wrote: 4..The animation is bad.

Most of the time it's mediocre at best.

I must say episode 5 was bad and the fight between Frieza and Goku but after that i have seen nothing wrong again with the animation.

You must have really low standards for animation quality.

Well add me in to that list cuz I'm fine with how Super is looking, sure, not all episodes are gonna be Episode 39 quality, but mediocre should be said for something like the RoF Saga.

As for the whole DBS Fans vs DBZ Fans, it really does come down to different tastes, like, some DBZ fans probably don't even like or have watched Dragon Ball to begin with because of how different, yet similar they are. I feel like Super is trying to be it's own thing, or at least that's what it looks like :think:
stay edgy

DeviantArt Thing: Drawings and stuff, also Dragon Ball

saiyanvegetable
Temporarily Banned

Post by saiyanvegetable » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:16 pm

Super fans, from what I've seen, tend to have lower standards and as a whole seem younger.

Probably the old man in me.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:34 pm

saiyanvegetable wrote:Super fans, from what I've seen, tend to have lower standards and as a whole seem younger.

Probably the old man in me.
What exactly have you seen? Have you done a representative survey based on the demographic of fans who watch Super? Have you been directly told by several people of certain ages that they like Super? Have many fans of Super told you directly they have lower standard for TV shows they watch? Because it just seems to me you're putting down fans of Super.