Super Animation Catalogue 2.0

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Re: Super Animation Catalogue - [Updated with #51]

Post by Anime Kitten » Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:03 pm

Well, this is my first post on this thread. I'll just be here to enjoy some awesome shots from the episodes if that's okay. :P
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

BakaManiaHD
Beyond Newbie

Post by BakaManiaHD » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:33 pm

Guys, just wanted to know, who makes the screen shaking effect during fights?
kill me

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:40 pm

Here are some more edits to make the style look more like Z:
Original
Edit

The usual colors tweaks. I also made his jaw line more narrow, since in this episode it's usually too wide, making him look fat. I also changed the mouth and nose to more resemble the Buu arc of Z.

Original
Edit

I already loved this shot, so not much was altered aside from colors.

Once again, used Kai's colors (this time matched with my previously posted Kai shots), and I tweaked the nose just a bit.

Also, as an aside, I always loved the more pale, pastel colors used when characters turned Super Saiyan in Z, so that's why I probably seem a bit obsessed about that no longer happening in Super.

The odd thing is, Kai's intro depicted the pale Super Saiyan colors as well, so someone, at some point, decided that had to go in Super.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:48 pm

These edits are cool, but I prefer Goku's skin being less pink. I never noticed it was like that in Z.
MyAnimeList | AniList

Psykomatik
Regular

Post by Psykomatik » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:36 pm

Everyone, remember the shots of Cabba with Goku, of Cabba alone, Krilin without hair etc. which has been leaked some times before the Champa arc? They're all fake.
The twitter who shares the shots is a fake account created by @Akoz_Sama, the shots are from him. I saw them at the Japan Expo and he told me the story...

neolux
Beyond Newbie

Post by neolux » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:46 pm

Metalwario64 wrote:Here are some more edits to make the style look more like Z:
Edit

The usual colors tweaks. I also made his jaw line more narrow, since in this episode it's usually too wide, making him look fat. I also changed the mouth and nose to more resemble the Buu arc of Z.

He looks more crazy for fight xD I like it
I prefer the original color for the skin in the original, just eliminating the hightlights would do a great job in my opinion.

neolux
Beyond Newbie

Post by neolux » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:48 pm

Psykomatik wrote:Everyone, remember the shots of Cabba with Goku, of Cabba alone, Krilin without hair etc. which has been leaked some times before the Champa arc? They're all fake.
The twitter who shares the shots is a fake account created by @Akoz_Sama, the shots are from him. I saw them at the Japan Expo and he told me the story...
Really? :O now that's interesting

EmmaWinters

Post by EmmaWinters » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:54 pm

Psykomatik wrote:Everyone, remember the shots of Cabba with Goku, of Cabba alone, Krilin without hair etc. which has been leaked some times before the Champa arc? They're all fake.
If true, he should confirm this over Twitter and show us the original illustrations.
「恨むんならてめえの運命を恨むんだな··· このオレのように···」

Psykomatik
Regular

Post by Psykomatik » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:12 pm

EmmaWinters wrote:
If true, he should confirm this over Twitter and show us the original illustrations.
I'm not lying. I will ask him to tell the truth about this, he was ashamed to tell the truth because everyone believed those shots.

neolux
Beyond Newbie

Post by neolux » Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:59 am

Hey guys, an image from chapter 53 has been leaked. (We might see it tomorrow in the NEP tho) It's Goku fighting in ssj and as far as we know from Herms in Twitter, Goku is going to fight zamasu in ep 53. What do you think guys?

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:03 am

It's certainly interesting Goku is giving his Super Saiyan 2 form more love. I don't mind at all since I both prefer that variation of his hair and that level of Super Saiyan.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:10 am

Super Saiyan 2 Goku VS Zamasu, eh? Sounds awful suspicious... :think:

I'm with Nejishiki. SSJ2 is just so awesome.
MyAnimeList | AniList

Alee9977
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Alee9977 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:14 am

Nejishiki wrote:It's certainly interesting Goku is giving his Super Saiyan 2 form more love. I don't mind at all since I both prefer that variation of his hair and that level of Super Saiyan.
Yeah, especially when Toriyama said we wouldn't see SSJ2 or SSJ3 anymore, but I'm really glad he is using them.

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:27 am

I hope this leads to more SS2 merchandise, like a SS2 Goku SH Figuarts. :mrgreen:
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Mazingerdestro
Regular

Post by Mazingerdestro » Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:56 am

Wow the new image from 53 had sooooooo many bad animation flags.
At this point I can lower my standards as long as the character designs are good.
Fix the faces and the bodies sized and see people start liking the show in no time

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:27 am

BakaManiaHD wrote:Guys, just wanted to know, who makes the screen shaking effect during fights?
I believe that's the デジタル撮影 (Digital Photography) credit in Super. Though in many cases, I believe they're just following the direction of the animator and/or director.
This I find really interesting -- and actually incredibly disgraceful if true. Norio Kanekubo is a real person with real credits in the industry, so to intentionally steal his identity and mislead a fanbase is woeful thing to do.

The thing is, the more I look, the more I believe what you're saying might be true -- it would certainly account for the Kuririn hair difference. Not only do the "A"s look like the same handwriting, but the coloured pencils used do match work tweeted by Akoz about two months prior to the Kanekubo stuff (although I appreciate red/brown and blue are industry standard). I actually remember almost mistaking this for one of the "leaks" at the time.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

vs.

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

You can also see the Toei animation logo is totally gone in this image! Moreover, it seems that this image's guidelines (From "Kanekubo"'s Twitter) are a 1:1 match with the first result for "animation template" on Google (notice the 0 in the corner).

I suppose the most damning evidence is that the Twitter account has also retweeted some of Akoz's own work over the past few months. You could argue that it was found via the #DragonBallSuper tag, but it wouldn't make much sense for a Japanese animator to be searching for that instead of the country's own #ドラゴンボール超 tag. Even worse, you can see that the first follower the account ever received was none other than Akoz.

You could easily pass this off as confirmation bias, but well... I'm not so sure. Very annoying if true.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

samuo2
Not-So-Newbie

Post by samuo2 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:09 am

I was at the Japan Expo 2016 and I've noted the fact: 2 Twitter users have created this account @Kanenorie (@Akoz_sama and @Alehas_project).

So, why is it bad ? I mean these fake leaks weren't to be more popular, more visible or any other unscrupulous things.

When I realised, I assumed that I was wrong, it was well-played and that's all.

Why blame them ? That's exactly why they never tell the trick, not very fair-play.

Oh, and you can thank Psykomatik who doesn't know keep a secret, without discuss with Alehas and Akoz.
English isn't my native Language, please be understanding with faults and other grammatical mistakes, and don't hesitate to correct me !

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:18 am

samuo2 wrote:Oh, and you can thank Psykomatik who doesn't know keep a secret, without discuss with Alehas and Akoz.
Bullshit.
If they're silly enough to reveal to complete strangers that they have lied and posed as a real person on the internet for whatever reason, they should not be blaming or feeling angry at anyone, but themselves, that said stranger would expose their secret to the rest of the fandom.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:21 am

Why is it bad? Because it's misleading. It tells a false story of Super's production and has allowed for false narratives to be spun as a result.

You've got videos over YouTube of people (myself included) wondering and theorising about why on earth Toei would be throwing away key animation in an already troubled series.

For months now, we've had fans wondering why Kuririn's hair changed, what the original tournament results were, and what Toriyama's intentions were.

It's absolutely fine to play pranks as long as they're made clear in a timely fashion, but when you impersonate a real animator, post up several frames across a lengthy period of time, and then fail to disclose the information seven months later, you've turned a prank into outright deceit and deception.

That is not okay.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

dhaval_dongre
Beyond Newbie

Post by dhaval_dongre » Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:36 am

Mazingerdestro wrote:Wow the new image from 53 had sooooooo many bad animation flags.
At this point I can lower my standards as long as the character designs are good.
Fix the faces and the bodies sized and see people start liking the show in no time
IMO its ok. Nothing too crazy but I dont feel its bad. The NEP from tomorrow should give us a better idea though.