Will we ever see Super Saiyan 3 Vegeta or not?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sintzu
Banned

Re: Will we ever see Super Saiyan 3 Vegeta or not?

Post by sintzu » Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:31 am

nato25 wrote:It was the perfect tease at least, does the smirk mean he can do it! We'll never know.
Trunks told him to use it instead of asking if he could so Trunks believed he could use it.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:52 am

sintzu wrote:
nato25 wrote:It was the perfect tease at least, does the smirk mean he can do it! We'll never know.
Trunks told him to use it instead of asking if he could so Trunks believed he could use it.
I was under the impression that was just an assumption though. Trunks would believe that Vegeta is always keeping up with Goku.

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:23 am

You have to look at the whole picture, I think. Future Trunks recently witnessed that Goku was capable of a ceiling beyond Super Saiyan 2. He then expected his father to follow pursuit, as they had mastered Super Saiyan together just as Goku did before. For Vegeta, it was amusing that his alternate son thought that he was utilizing outdated methods of growth. For Future Trunks, he was confused over how requesting to see Vegeta's strength was a laughing matter for he was never shy about it before. The flashback reinforces this when Vegeta readily shows off Super Saiyan Grade II to him in the Room of Spirit and Time. The goal was accomplished when Future Trunks was taken by surprise by how far ahead the two Saiyans actually were, briefly despairing that it was a world that he could never reach, reminiscent of Goku's concerns in Battle of Gods. However, just as he managed to become as strong as him at one point in time, Vegeta expects for him to quickly catch up, briefly proud that he accomplished what he did on his own (As he was when he explained he dealt with Bobbidi and Dabra himself), but not satisfied that he's impressed with Super Saiyan 3 being the pinnacle of power. The son of royalty should have surpassed what he had long ago, so that was his way of providing the hints, or steps of what he should strive for. He knows very well he can be capable.

MaxZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MaxZ » Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:23 am

sintzu wrote:
MaxZ wrote:It's also interesting that Trunks seemed to be able to reach a third grade Super Saiyan 2, a never before seen form
We've seen Roshi, a human get like that as well so I don't think it's a separate or even a new form but rather the ability to control the muscle's size so if Goku or Vegeta wanted to do that with SsjB they could.

It's like Kaioken, it's not a form but rather a power up that can be used by anyone with any form if they're strong enough to control it.
you're not wrong, but neither is the original third grade super saiyan an actual form

buutenks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by buutenks » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:41 am

Why do people want Vegeta to have ssj3? I would understand if this were the buu saga, but now? Ssj3 is useless.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:06 am

buutenks wrote:Why do people want Vegeta to have ssj3? I would understand if this were the buu saga, but now? Ssj3 is useless.
For me it's because the form has been underused compared to the others.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

buutenks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by buutenks » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:47 am

sintzu wrote:
buutenks wrote:Why do people want Vegeta to have ssj3? I would understand if this were the buu saga, but now? Ssj3 is useless.
For me it's because the form has been underused compared to the others.
True, tho I don't think Vegeta would look cool with ssj3.

Super Vegeta was his coolest form IMO.

darkerspare

Post by darkerspare » Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:19 pm

I hope not. SSJ3 is ugly and useless.