The Room of Spirit and Time plot hole

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bagginses
Banned

The Room of Spirit and Time plot hole

Post by Bagginses » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:28 am

So, we all know that it was stated in the Cell arc I think, that only 2 people are allowed to enter the ROSAT at a time. Yet in the the Majin Boo arc, Gotenks, Piccolo and Majin Boo himself are there. So 3 people entered this time. Obviously a contradiction.

Do you think this is the only indisputable plot hole the manga has?

Or can you think of some explanation?

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Re: The Room of Spirit and Time plot hole

Post by ABED » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:21 am

Bagginses wrote:So, we all know that it was stated in the Cell arc I think, that only 2 people are allowed to enter the ROSAT at a time. Yet in the the Majin Boo arc, Gotenks, Piccolo and Majin Boo himself are there. So 3 people entered this time. Obviously a contradiction.

Do you think this is the only indisputable plot hole the manga has?

Or can you think of some explanation?
Did they say only two people can go in there or there are only enough supplies for 2 people at a time?
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

Bagginses
Banned

Post by Bagginses » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:08 am

No, I have just confirmed. In the Cell saga they say only 2 people can enter the room at the same time, otherwise the door dissapears. But in the Boo saga, Goten, Trunks, Boo and Piccolo stay there and nothing happens to the door. The door in only destroyed because Piccolo gets desperate and destroys it.

Seems like a huge plothole to me.

P.S.: I said Gotenks the first time but I think I am wrong. Unless they fused in the room in this specific instance as well.

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:55 am

Chapter 366 wrote:Goku: "There's a room where you can spend a whole year in one day at God's Palace"
Vegeta: "Really...?"
Goku: "Yeah. Come with me. You don't have to train with me or anything."
Goku: "But it's only set up for two people. You'll have to go with Trunks, since we're short on time."
Chapter 390 wrote:Piccolo: "Always the arrogant fool, aren't you, Vegeta? No one can spend more than 48 hours in the Room of Spirit and Time— total. Lifelong."
Vegeta: "Oh?! And what if I choose to?!"
Mr. Popo: "Then the exit disappears— And you stay in forever."
Looking at the conversations, Goku suggests that the rooms are optimally for two people or less. Furthermore, there isn't anything specifically stating that more than three individuals will make the door automatically disappear. I suppose that can be interpreted as only two people, but the phrasing is loose enough to allow the scenario in the Boo arc to occur. If there are more conversations I need to consider, please let me know. Those chapters came to mind when discussing the rules for the Room of Spirit and Time.

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:40 pm

Plus that could've been Goku's way too give Vegeta and Trunks bonding time (Goku, you sneak). Now I'm sure that there is a plot-hole involving the Room of Spirit and Time and it does involve Piccolo, but it's different.

I'm not 100% on this, but wasn't it said somewhere that someone can only use it twice for a year each? Piccolo would've been in there for a third time with Boo and Gotenks.

I could be wrong all-around though, I'm kind of unable to check right now.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:46 pm

No it was said you can only use it for 48 hours or 2 years worth TOTAL. You can go in as many times as you want just as long as you don't exceed the time limit.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

UltimateHammerBro
Advanced Regular

Post by UltimateHammerBro » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:04 pm

I wonder what would happen if someone reaches the 2 years limit while they're with someone who doesn't. Would the door disappear anyway, screwing the second one even if it's not their fault? Would the first one be unable to cross it?
I'm a webcomic artist! Check out http://tapastic.com/series/Hearts

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:05 pm

I hated how Super had Goku and Vegeta train for three days in ROSAT. It makes it feel lazy since everyone would just go in for one day to get stronger and be done with one year wroth of training so soon. I would like it if they can only use it twice in their life time. It will have Goku and the others find other ways to become stronger.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:50 pm

To be fair, it was stated Dende upgraded it. I'm not sure why Piccolo thought he couldn't keep up with Goku and Vegeta, however. You'd think the increase of skill he'd gain from sparring would still be worth the trip. He's no stranger to harsh training methods either, so he could tough out whatever the two Saiyans would dish.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:31 am

Nejishiki wrote:To be fair, it was stated Dende upgraded it. I'm not sure why Piccolo thought he couldn't keep up with Goku and Vegeta, however. You'd think the increase of skill he'd gain from sparring would still be worth the trip. He's no stranger to harsh training methods either, so he could tough out whatever the two Saiyans would dish.
Vegeta in base is unaffected by ss3 gotenks. Piccolo is nothing. Unless they powered down heavily, he would be useless.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.