A possible plothole? SPOILERS

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Friezacooler
Regular

Re: A possible plothole? SPOILERS

Post by Friezacooler » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:47 am

Khin wrote:
Kishido wrote:I read it and it won't change nothing
How the hell that it change nothing ? It was stated that as long as Elder Kaioshin stays alive, Beerus would be fine. So there is no reason for Whis and Beerus to go to Kaioshin Realm and destroy Majin Boo. Heck, it was even shown how Whis was worried about Beerus when the Kaioshins was killed, but he realized that Beerus would be fine as long as Elder Kaioshin stays sealed in the Z-Sword.
are you implying that Beerus is a walking Zombie now since elder kai offered his life in favor of ssj3 Goku.

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:05 am

Friezacooler wrote:are you implying that Beerus is a walking Zombie now since elder kai offered his life in favor of ssj3 Goku.
What was implied is that if all Kaioshin dies, Beerus will die too. Back when Elder Kaioshin gave his life to Goku, the other Kaioshin is alive; so Beerus didn't die.

Friezacooler
Regular

Post by Friezacooler » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:36 am

Khin wrote:
Friezacooler wrote:are you implying that Beerus is a walking Zombie now since elder kai offered his life in favor of ssj3 Goku.
What was implied is that if all Kaioshin dies, Beerus will die too. Back when Elder Kaioshin gave his life to Goku, the other Kaioshin is alive; so Beerus didn't die.
so I take it as, it means all kaoshins from the 12 universes. cause I doubt Beerus or Whis would risk the cat his live during the Buy saga. so that statement can't just stand for universe 7 kaoshins. and even if elder kai has died his life span still within Goku, So don't know why Beerus didn't fall to the floor with Goku when the saiyan got laser gunned during R.O.F.

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:49 am

Friezacooler wrote:cause I doubt Beerus or Whis would risk the cat his live during the Buy saga.
What do you mean ?
So don't know why Beerus didn't fall to the floor with Goku when the saiyan got laser gunned during R.O.F.
Why the hell would Beerus die in that scene ? Even if you assume Goku is linked to Beerus because of the Elder Kaioshin thing, Goku didn't die in RoF, he was just pierced.

Friezacooler
Regular

Post by Friezacooler » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:44 am

Khin wrote:
Friezacooler wrote:cause I doubt Beerus or Whis would risk the cat his live during the Buy saga.
What do you mean ?

Whis would have definitely woken up Beerus, if his life was in danger during babidi's attack.
So don't know why Beerus didn't fall to the floor with Goku when the saiyan got laser gunned during R.O.F.
Why the hell would Beerus die in that scene ? Even if you assume Goku is linked to Beerus because of the Elder Kaioshin thing, Goku didn't die in RoF, he was just pierced.
He would have died if it wasn't for the sensu bean.

if Piccolo dies then Kami dies, so according to Whis if the Kaoshins die then Beerus dies. who the kaoshin they refer to is up for debate it could be all kaoshins, elder kai who is already death or Goku.
Last edited by Friezacooler on Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:47 am

Friezacooler wrote:He would have died if it wasn't for the sensu bean.
He would have died, but that doesn't mean Beerus will also die.

Friezacooler
Regular

Post by Friezacooler » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:07 am

Khin wrote:
Friezacooler wrote:He would have died if it wasn't for the sensu bean.
He would have died, but that doesn't mean Beerus will also die.
how does it not? it is same thing as
Piccolo and Kami.

Beerus dies if Goku dies.
or Beerus dies if all Kaoshins die but that would include Goku too since he has the life of a Kaoshin within him.

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:15 am

Friezacooler wrote:how does it not? it same thing with Piccolo and Kami.

Beerus dies if Goku dies.
or Beerus dies if all Kaoshins die but that would include Goku too since he has the life of a Kaoshin within him.
As you said, Beerus presumably dies if all Kaioshins will die. There are other Kaioshins alive when Goku was in the brink of death in RoF, so it doesn't matter if Goku died at that time.

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:52 pm

RE: Whis doing nothing to save Beerus.

I would expect that Whis doesn't regularly check in on the Kaioshin. If referring to his "do-over", that would require that he could 1) figure out and resolve the issue in 3 minutes, and 2) that he hasn't used that ability in a while. Since the trip to Earth takes as much time as an episode of anime, there's likely nothing he could do if Beerus were to suddenly drop dead.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:46 am

I think it might be a reach to assume that Whis and Whis-equivalents like Vados are all that invested in the fate of the gods in their universes as well. For all we know, it could simply be protocol for them to wait around for another God of Destruction to be appointed.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:36 am

Well isn't Elder Kaioshin a fusion originally? If you want to apply the logic that fusion automatically renders the person a non-Kaioshin in authority and species then Beerus should have disappeared the moment East Kaioshin fused with Kibito. I think a better explanation would be that Elder Kaioshin's position was transferred over to a successor. After all, we don't hear about countless generations of Kaioshins still being alive, do we? There's only four regular Kaioshins intended to represent the four cardinal points and a single Dai Kaioshin. Oh, but then you have the conundrum over whether South and Dai Kaioshin inside Buu still technically have their capacity to keep Beerus alive.

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta
Advanced Regular

Post by LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:28 am

Either its ANOTHER plot hole in super, no shock there or its that he just needs 1 supreme kai alive to live. There was never 0 supreme kais in Z. When buu attacked elder kai was in the sword. When elder kai died, supreme kai was alive.
Any post before 8/7/2016 isn't mine. This account was a gift from someone who thought the account was already banned. Saved me the trouble of making a new one haha XD

I love DB/DBZ/DBGT/DBZK/DBS (If I didn't why would I be here? XD)

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:24 pm

Isn't Vegeta promised Whis to take the role of the god of destruction if he trains him, or something like?
So, is god of destruction a title, or a "birth privilege"? If Vegeta (or someone else) would take the role from Beerus, would his life be linked with the Kaioshins?