GT complete series made cheap?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

bigray
Beyond Newbie

GT complete series made cheap?

Post by bigray » Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:03 am

i just bought the complete series GT set brand new off ebay.

as soon as i bought them i opened the plastic and put a disc in the computer for MakeMKV to rip and this message popped up...

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

is there a chance that the dvds have been used and resold or did Funi make a cheap GT series? the labels on the dvds look faded and where its cut around the edges looks cheap as well.

has anyone had similar issues with their GT dvds? it may just be a MakeMKV error

hmmm i wasnt going to post this but it has come up on every DVD I've put in!! the seller on ebay looks legit so i dont know.

http://feedback.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAP ... nterval=30

superrayman3
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: GT complete series made cheap?

Post by superrayman3 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:15 am

bigray wrote:i just bought the complete series GT set brand new off ebay.

as soon as i bought them i opened the plastic and put a disc in the computer for MakeMKV to rip and this message popped up...

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

is there a chance that the dvds have been used and resold or did Funi make a cheap GT series? the labels on the dvds look faded and where its cut around the edges looks cheap as well.

has anyone had similar issues with their GT dvds? it may just be a MakeMKV error

hmmm i wasnt going to post this but it has come up on every DVD I've put in!! the seller on ebay looks legit so i dont know.

Did you use a program like DVDecrypter to decrypt the VOB files before trying to run them through MakeMKV, or are you trying to rip the files directly off the disc using MakeMKV? From what you describe it sounds like you're facing a possible copy protection.
If anyone has any of the DB/DBZ/DBGT or Maho Tsuaki Sally Japanese single DVD's that they'd be interested in selling send me a PM and I'll see if we can work something out. ;).

bigray
Beyond Newbie

Post by bigray » Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:39 am

superrayman3 wrote:
bigray wrote:i just bought the complete series GT set brand new off ebay.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Did you use a program like DVDecrypter to decrypt the VOB files before trying to run them through MakeMKV, or are you trying to rip the files directly off the disc using MakeMKV? From what you describe it sounds like you're facing a possible copy protection.
100% straight into makeMKV after i opened the plastic.

I'm not going to bother trying to get my money back because i live in australia and its a seller in america (would have to post back), its not worth the $24. i will message him though and ask him what the deal is. if he is up to something then ill leave bad feedback to warn others.

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:42 am

Are you sure it's legit? Ebay is filled with fake releases like the entire Z series in one release for like $70.

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

These are the only legit complete sets -- unless you bought the 20 Funimation DVDs at once.

superrayman3
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by superrayman3 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:32 am

bigray wrote:100% straight into makeMKV after i opened the plastic.

I'm not going to bother trying to get my money back because i live in australia and its a seller in america (would have to post back), its not worth the $24. i will message him though and ask him what the deal is. if he is up to something then ill leave bad feedback to warn others.
Rip the VOB files using DVD Decrypter and try converting those VOB's through MakeMKV before you go speak with the seller because you might still be able to do what you're wanting to do, the DBGT Complete series DVD's (assuming you got the 2 Season sets bundled together) have copy protection and MakeMKV doesn't bypass DVDs copy protection hence why it has problems converting, try using DVD Decrypter to extract the VOB files and if that doesn't work then I'd speak with the seller.
If anyone has any of the DB/DBZ/DBGT or Maho Tsuaki Sally Japanese single DVD's that they'd be interested in selling send me a PM and I'll see if we can work something out. ;).

bigray
Beyond Newbie

Post by bigray » Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:39 am

hmm i spoke to the seller and he said its 100% brand new and I'm the only one whos had this problem but then offered me a refund, so not sure what to think.

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:06 am

There were Orange Brick bootlegs that compressed the discs further and had even worse picture quality (with tons of macroblocking). I never heard of GT season set bootlegs though.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

superrayman3
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by superrayman3 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:01 pm

bigray wrote:hmm i spoke to the seller and he said its 100% brand new and I'm the only one whos had this problem but then offered me a refund, so not sure what to think.
So in other words you didn't even bother to try my suggestion to use DVD Decrypter to get past the copy protection and trying that before contacting the seller then (which you really should have considering that's most likely the problem)? You haven't accepted the refund yet have you, because until you do as I'm suggesting (and making absolutely sure that my method either solves or doesn't solve your problem) you shouldn't.

thejeremymenace
Beyond Newbie

Post by thejeremymenace » Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:48 pm

Seconding what superrayman3 said -- the copy protection needs to be removed from the discs before trying to do any processing on them.

Use DVDFab first to rip the discs before attempting to run them through MakeMKV. DVD Decrypter is no longer actively developed, so although it may work for these discs, it's wiser to go with the newer software.
デデーン
Twitter: @gravitypriest
Dragon Radar ~ Subtitles for the Dragon Box Thread | Download | Source
Dragon Ball dialogue bot @dbz_ebooks | Thread | Source

bigray
Beyond Newbie

Post by bigray » Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:57 pm

superrayman3 wrote:
bigray wrote:hmm i spoke to the seller and he said its 100% brand new and I'm the only one whos had this problem but then offered me a refund, so not sure what to think.
So in other words you didn't even bother to try my suggestion to use DVD Decrypter to get past the copy protection and trying that before contacting the seller then (which you really should have considering that's most likely the problem)? You haven't accepted the refund yet have you, because until you do as I'm suggesting (and making absolutely sure that my method either solves or doesn't solve your problem) you shouldn't.
because i didnt think it had anything to do with my problem.

the problem is that my dvds were brand new and unused. when i put them in makeMKV it is telling me that they have been used.

i dont have any problems with ripping the dvds, bypassing copyright protection or care if it works or not.

when i buy something that says 'NEW' i expect it to be new. thats all

superrayman3
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by superrayman3 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:25 pm

bigray wrote:because i didnt think it had anything to do with my problem.
Would it have killed you to try especially when someone gives you a possible solution to your problem (which is why I said you should have tried my method BEFORE contacting the seller because that may have been the only thing you needed to do to get what you want)
bigray wrote:the problem is that my dvds were brand new and unused. when i put them in makeMKV it is telling me that they have been used.
And again it might be an issue with copy protection you have to understand that MakeMKV does NOT bypass DVD's copy protection so you have to use another program to break the protection first otherwise it'll always fail.
bigray wrote:i dont have any problems with ripping the dvds, bypassing copyright protection or care if it works or not.

when i buy something that says 'NEW' i expect it to be new. thats all
If the DVD's were sealed and unused then it was new, when apparently you can't even be bothered to do something so simple as extract the DVD's with DVD Decrypter and run the extracted files through MakeMKV to see if that solves your problem, then that's entirely on you not the seller, you've been given a possible solution and until you choose try it then you honestly shouldn't complain.

bigray
Beyond Newbie

Post by bigray » Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:24 am

superrayman3 wrote: If the DVD's were sealed and unused then it was new, when apparently you can't even be bothered to do something so simple as extract the DVD's with DVD Decrypter and run the extracted files through MakeMKV to see if that solves your problem, then that's entirely on you not the seller, you've been given a possible solution and until you choose try it then you honestly shouldn't complain.
dude, i didnt have a problem extracting the movies or anything like that, they were fine and all on my computer. encrypted, decrypted, region free, i dont care.

i was more thinking someone has used these dvds and then put shrinkwrap back on and pretended they were brand new. or funimation has made some crappy dvds. which happens, I've bought some collectibles and then opened them 2 years later to find the dvd case empty! biggest waste of $200.

if you read my OP its inquiring about dodgey dvds. i didnt ask if someone could help me with extracting them from the dvds or bypass the encryption or anything like that. so thanks for a solution to a problem i never had.

superrayman3
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by superrayman3 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:33 am

bigray wrote:dude, i didnt have a problem extracting the movies or anything like that, they were fine and all on my computer. encrypted, decrypted, region free, i dont care.
Which program did you use to decrypt and extract the discs?
bigray wrote:i was more thinking someone has used these dvds and then put shrinkwrap back on and pretended they were brand new. or funimation has made some crappy dvds. which happens, I've bought some collectibles and then opened them 2 years later to find the dvd case empty! biggest waste of $200.
I'd assume it was a bad pressing from FUNi (only true fraudsters would go through the trouble of resealing something to list it as new and based off of the sellers feedback that doesn't seem to be the case here) could you post a few pics of the set and discs so we can actually see what you have on your hands (visual reference would help greatly in identifying whether your discs are legit or fake).
bigray wrote:if you read my OP its inquiring about dodgey dvds. i didnt ask if someone could help me with extracting them from the dvds or bypass the encryption or anything like that. so thanks for a solution to a problem i never had.
Well we can't really help you identify whether your discs are dodgy dvds when we have nothing to work with, furthermore when you post an error message 9x-10x times that's usually an indirect request for tech help which I offered, and when I first asked you whether you used DVD decrypter or MakeMKV first by your own admission you used MakeMKV first which I quickly pointed out was the wrong tool to use first, it's clear from your first post that you want to make MKV files of the series and as such I offered you a solution to try and help you do that and based on your previous responses you didn't even bother trying the solution offered before jumping the gun, and if you did try said solution, you should have made that fact clear from the start because even now I see no clear indication that you even tried my solution especially when you say things like this:
bigray wrote: because i didnt think it had anything to do with my problem.

DreamedArtist

Post by DreamedArtist » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:08 pm

I used makemkv to rip all of Dragonball And Z and GT and all the movies for each of these series, When you get those kinds of errors for anything dvd/Bluray it means the disc has an actual problem in it when it was recorded.

I did research and talked to the guy who made the program and told me I was spot on with what I was talking about, I had a disc on season 7 dragonball z blu ray set that gave me the problem and I could not rip the episode, I got a replacement from amazon and re did it and what do you know it worked and had no issue.

I love makemkv cause it rips the exact thing you see on the dvd/bluray without changing anything to the video or audio. and it's free for now till he is done and thinks it's ready to sell for money.

bigray
Beyond Newbie

Post by bigray » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:14 am

DreamedArtist wrote:I used makemkv to rip all of Dragonball And Z and GT and all the movies for each of these series, When you get those kinds of errors for anything dvd/Bluray it means the disc has an actual problem in it when it was recorded.

I did research and talked to the guy who made the program and told me I was spot on with what I was talking about, I had a disc on season 7 dragonball z blu ray set that gave me the problem and I could not rip the episode, I got a replacement from amazon and re did it and what do you know it worked and had no issue.

I love makemkv cause it rips the exact thing you see on the dvd/bluray without changing anything to the video or audio. and it's free for now till he is done and thinks it's ready to sell for money.
oh god, this was the info i was looking for! so its a Funi error. mine ripped fine so i didnt try to return it.

thanks for posting.