New Dragon Ball Online Magazine Scans

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bardock the Mexican
Regular

Post by Bardock the Mexican » Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:41 pm

This is like the Matrix Online met the DBZ fandom's crazy fantasies and gave birth to the greatest game to hit any system. Yeah and you don't have to play as Goku or Gohan or any of the super wankity Super Saiyans. If you want to be a Namekien you can do it. If you want to be a bad guy you can do that too. That's why this game is so great and why I would go out and get it for any price. I guess I'll get it as soon as somebody puts it on MercadoLibre.com then. Fat chance of that happening at any rate.
Ejercito Zapatista de Liberacion Nacional: Es nuestra palabra sencilla...

MisterFlashdude
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisterFlashdude » Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:07 pm

Bardock the Mexican wrote:This is like the Matrix Online met the DBZ fandom's crazy fantasies and gave birth to the greatest game to hit any system. Yeah and you don't have to play as Goku or Gohan or any of the super wankity Super Saiyans. If you want to be a Namekien you can do it. If you want to be a bad guy you can do that too. That's why this game is so great and why I would go out and get it for any price. I guess I'll get it as soon as somebody puts it on MercadoLibre.com then. Fat chance of that happening at any rate.
I like how you're assuming this is the 'greatest game to hit any system' from less than half a dozen screenshots and a few tidbits of beta information.

Kiba101
Banned

Post by Kiba101 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:05 pm

it might as well be the greatest game cuz we dbz fanboys are evry were and ppl that play WoW might start playing this game

Pedro The Hutt
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pedro The Hutt » Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:23 pm

Keep in mind that popularity and quality are two VERY different concepts, oh he who should re-read the rules ASAP.

Kiba101
Banned

Post by Kiba101 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:33 pm

very true but if it popular then they will make more patches and or expansion and do u guys think they'll make an American version of it or will we have to buy it from japan & Korea?

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:27 pm

I'm hoping that the player won't be forced to play as a hero, the thing I liked the most about games like City of Heroes/Villians and World of Warcraft, was that I could choose my side. I think I would get bored pretty quickly if I'm playing with a thousand other martial artists all with the same goals, wearing the same orange gi.

Kiba101
Banned

Post by Kiba101 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:35 pm

Deus ex Machina wrote:I'm hoping that the player won't be forced to play as a hero, the thing I liked the most about games like City of Heroes/Villians and World of Warcraft, was that I could choose my side. I think I would get bored pretty quickly if I'm playing with a thousand other martial artists all with the same goals, wearing the same orange gi.

that would be cool we prob won't wearing the same orange gi but if we do it will be kinda dumb

djkalteraphine
Regular

Post by djkalteraphine » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:56 pm

Kiba101 wrote:
Deus ex Machina wrote:I'm hoping that the player won't be forced to play as a hero, the thing I liked the most about games like City of Heroes/Villians and World of Warcraft, was that I could choose my side. I think I would get bored pretty quickly if I'm playing with a thousand other martial artists all with the same goals, wearing the same orange gi.

that would be cool we prob won't wearing the same orange gi but if we do it will be kinda dumb
It's a Korean game, so it is very possible.

Taku128
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Taku128 » Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:20 am

djkalteraphine wrote:
Kiba101 wrote:

It's a Korean game, so it is very possible.
Saiyajin/Freeza's minion armor would work for evil people, though I supose it wouldn't make sense since Freeza's dead... I know, Tsuru-Senin gi! :D
­

Evil Zacky

Post by Evil Zacky » Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:03 am

Blah, this puts a hampering on a Dragonball Online I myself have been piecing concepts together for for a while now T_T.

This could shape up to be one hell of a game, but in my opinion, needs a touch of care and understanding to it.

Take this as me sharing my opinion, or as me trying ot shove my concepts down your throats. Either way :)

When I was concepting it together, I felt it should play like a smoother version of the Tenkaichi Budokai games. I feel the current games play a SMIDGE stiff, but overall, thats the type of style I think it should play like - full-control, fighting style. I just cannot buy a game that's modeled after the fast-paced, in-your-face fighting of Dragonball/Z/GT/BBQ/TBQH to have "auto-attack" and the like.

To keep it simple, yet slightly open-ended, I think 4 starting races would be good - Humans, Androids, Namekians, and Saiyans. It is important to understand that I set the world in a different style when I made mine - Frieza didn't kill all of the Saiyans, most important of all. I mean, how many people would want to be Saiyans? They should have that right. I wonder how this game is going to work this out though. I really hope there are no transformations, though.

However, to be a successful MMO, Races need to operate differently - not enough to be broken, yet enough to offer a different experience per character. I was thinking something along the lines of:

-Humans have access to the most fighting styles, as well as the most professions. Humans start out with the msot Well-rounded stats in the game.
-Namekians have a natural health regeneration, do not require food, and have access to a "Healing" fighting style, to heal themselves or comrades in a fight.
-Androids do not require food, and their energy does not deplete conventionally - however, attacks that would cause someone to "bleed" for damage would cause a "circuit leak", and would drain energy slowly. Androids would also require "upgrades" to become stronger, instead of gaining strength in the field.
-Saiyans would start out as the most powerful (not by leaps and bounds to a broken level, but in a " 2 races, exact same gear-and-level" sense) pure fighting race in the game, and end up as such as well. Being "grabbed" from farther behind, though, would cause a player to grab them by the tail , immobilizing them and draining their energy for a duration.

I also dislike the idea of there being "gear" - Armor and Weapons were not a concern in Dragonball, and the only "armor" ever seen was standard, never-upgraded stuff that came standard with saiyan villians. More of a costume than anything. In favor of "gear", players should "spec" their characters with varous combat feats. Similar to feat-based games such as DnD, as your character levels-up, they could gain access to feats - Race-specific and general. For instance, all characters could choose to aquire the feat "power sensing" to get an estimate of the targets they're fighting. Without this feat, challenging enemies would be guesswork, and entering areas would be at the reccomendation of quest-givers in cities (if you've been following a progression), or Scouters. Store-bought Scouters would be much less potent than player-made, and naturally, if inspecting a target too high than the maximum reading, the scouter would explode. For this reason, though less EXACT than a scouter, "power sensing" would be crucial to many. For race-specific examples, Saiyans could opt to have their tails no longer serve as a weakness, Nameks could increase their natural regeneration, and Androids could opt to be able to repair themselves, instead of requiring items or medical NPCs to repair them.

I also hope there is a competant system for being knocked into objects. Or some viable melee weapon specializations for those who just LOVED Trunks fighting with a sword.

KinoFourpaws
Regular

Post by KinoFourpaws » Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:09 am

Taku128 wrote:Saiyajin/Freeza's minion armor would work for evil people, though I supose it wouldn't make sense since Freeza's dead... I know, Tsuru-Senin gi! :D
On that note, "Kill You" outfits would work quite nicely as well... :D
Art, etc. links taken down for now. Will be updated at some point. I dunno.

I NEED A NEW SIGNATURE D:

Steam handle: KinoFourpaws. Want to shoot up some zambees?

gohanku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by gohanku » Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:20 am

On that note, "Kill You" outfits would work quite nicely as well... :D
My Human character definately got to have a "Kill You" shirt. On other stuff, do you think that we would all begin in the orange gi suit? Cause that would be pretty boring. And Kinopaw, hope you don't mind your words being in my signature, it was too funny to pass up.
[quote="SSj Kaboom talking about Future Gohan in BT3"]I feel sorry for Future Gohan.

Everyone's like, "What?! What are you doing with [b][i]two[/i][/b] arms?! You tear that off right now, mister!"

Poor guy.[/quote]
Lol'ed.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:57 pm

Evil Zacky wrote:I also hope there is a competant system for being knocked into objects. Or some viable melee weapon specializations for those who just LOVED Trunks fighting with a sword.
Trunks' sword was viable?

MisterFlashdude
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisterFlashdude » Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:21 pm

vegeta_owns_goku wrote:Do u guys think they'll make an American version of it or will we have to buy it from Japan & Korea?
Well, I think that depends on how well it does over there and how much attention it manages to capture here.

But I doubt it will be adapted here. Just personal speculation...

Except for the specific Dragonball community, (I.E. The people on this board who are already so quick to dub this 'the greatest game ever made') I think the responce from most American gamers would be '...Dragonball games already suck, why would they try to establish themselves as being horrible in another genre...?' :)

Oh jeez, if the hosts at X-play could only voice their opinion on this... :?

Evil Zacky

Post by Evil Zacky » Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:48 pm

Rocketman wrote: Trunks' sword was viable?
The creators of the last few Budokai games seem to think so :D

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:18 pm

Evil Zacky wrote:
They also seem to think he was a Super Saiyan 2. :P

djkalteraphine
Regular

Post by djkalteraphine » Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:22 pm

MisterFlashdude wrote:Oh jeez, if the hosts at X-play could only voice their opinion on this... :?
They'd probably try to make a joke, fail terribly, and then go on with their lives being untalented assholes.

Evil Zacky

Post by Evil Zacky » Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:07 pm

Rocketman wrote:
Evil Zacky wrote:
They also seem to think he was a Super Saiyan 2. :P
And that, despite the only cell in a few of the games is Perfect Form, still sounds like he needs a throat drop. :lol:

However, I think the sword-fighting is cool, as well as a wealth of other traditional martial arts weapons (Staff, Club, Pu Dao, etc), and would be a nice variety from the hand-to-hand styles of Crane, Turtle, etc.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:32 pm

Evil Zacky wrote:However, I think the sword-fighting is cool, as well as a wealth of other traditional martial arts weapons (Staff, Club, Pu Dao, etc), and would be a nice variety from the hand-to-hand styles of Crane, Turtle, etc.
Oooh, a club, yeah, that'll work.

Victator Supreme
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Victator Supreme » Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:42 pm

MisterFlashdude wrote:
vegeta_owns_goku wrote:Do u guys think they'll make an American version of it or will we have to buy it from Japan & Korea?
Well, I think that depends on how well it does over there and how much attention it manages to capture here.

But I doubt it will be adapted here. Just personal speculation...

Except for the specific Dragonball community, (I.E. The people on this board who are already so quick to dub this 'the greatest game ever made') I think the responce from most American gamers would be '...Dragonball games already suck, why would they try to establish themselves as being horrible in another genre...?' :)

Oh jeez, if the hosts at X-play could only voice their opinion on this... :?
Yeah because nobody bought the Budokai/Tenkachi games.

MisterFlashdude wrote:
Oh jeez, if the hosts at X-play could only voice their opinion on this...
They'd probably try to make a joke, fail terribly, and then go on with their lives being untalented assholes
That should be the synopsis for every X-Play episode ever.