"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

nato25
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by nato25 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:54 pm

The mood around the game shouldn't be this negative at the games biggest news conference and 1 month before launch. What they've done to the combat looks great but they really failed to polish anything in other areas (maybe a bit in character creation) and a Dragon Ball game needs to have more than just that. If bojack and 13 at the very least arent in a game that was primarily about adding move characters than in my opinion that's a failure to understand what a sequel should be doing. I'm still excited for this game coming out but I just want a little bit more.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:15 am

We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:20 am

Shin wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:
Come on even Dragon Ball Online got this right. Is it really that hard to do? Hell didn't Ultimate Tenkaichi essentially get this right too? I wouldn't get hopes up for the story when I think they said returning fans won't really get as big a surprise, or something along those lines.
I double checked and wanted to add. Even Ultimate Tenkaichi got this right. Yeah for some dues like the Gohan style, I can see why they can't really do much with it for SSJ, but the others one's should have some change. Some looks are damn hideous as SSJ since it's just an ugly yellow with a flat hair style.
This really pisses me off like... it's not that difficult to add/change too. Hell... why can modders in XV1 make new SSJ hair styles in like a matter of two weeks for free? But paid developers can't even... nvm.
Out of all the things they'll take and borrow from Dragon Ball Online, apparently their way of handling Super Saiyan with CAC's wasn't one of them.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:28 am

nato25 wrote:The mood around the game shouldn't be this negative at the games biggest news conference and 1 month before launch.
They're probably not trying to give away too much. Like I said, I think most people are especially disappointed because they got their hopes up too high.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

SSJ6Goku
Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJ6Goku » Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:42 am

lots of characters on the character select screen and imperfect cell gameplay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0SkYoWVP7g

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:47 am

Goku will have eighteen versions/alternate clothes. Should that confirm that one of them is Movie 15's Goku and his transformation will be Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan?

I'm still trying to understand why Future Trunks' transformation is called "Future Super Saiyan". :roll:

~ Day of the Machines ~

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:09 am

Grimlock wrote:I'm still trying to understand why Future Trunks' transformation is called "Future Super Saiyan". :roll:
It must affect the stats somehow, like Super Saiyan and Super Vegeta did before. It probably also changes the animation.

I have so many problems with that character select screen... Does Resurrection 'F' Goku really need to be another slot?
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Nightmare Wheel
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nightmare Wheel » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:10 am

Grimlock wrote:Goku will have eighteen versions/alternate clothes. Should that confirm that one of them is Movie 15's Goku and his transformation will be Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan?

I'm still trying to understand why Future Trunks' transformation is called "Future Super Saiyan". :roll:
It's a varation on his transforming pose and possibly stats. No different than Super Vegeta last game.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:18 am

I was thinking about stats, but someone said stats would be removed completely from the game... I'm now confused.

Also, the way Future Trunks transforms comes from Movie 9, I don't think just because of that they would rename his transformation.

~ Day of the Machines ~

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:39 am

No base Teen Gohan! Damnit! That gameplay was amazing though, hype levels rising slightly again. I just wish all the little things were done better.

Zenkashuu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zenkashuu » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:29 am

Looks like I'm gonna rent it. On the bright side, I have Dokkan Battle for my Dragonball fix.

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:56 am

Yeah, it seems variations are still a thing, and Vegeta has 11 of 'em. Majin Vegeta is a separate character and not a variation. Imperfect Cell seems like a really fun character to play as.

As for other characters variations, from what I can tell:
  • CAC: 8
    Future Trunks: 6
    Kid Gohan: 5
    Piccolo: 5
    Yamcha: 3
    Raditz: 3
    Majin Vegeta: 2
    Zarbon: 2
    Guldo: 2
    Jeice: 2
    Turles: 1
    16: 1
    17: 2
    18: 3
    Imperfect Cell: 1
    Krillin: 5
    Future Gohan: 1
    Nappa: 3
    Teen Gohan: 2
    GT Goku: 3
    Dadoria: 2
    SSJ4 Vegeta: 1
    Burter: 2
    Final Form Frieza: 2
    Full Power Frieza: 2
    Recoome: 2
    Ginyu: 6
    Slug: 1
    SSJ4 Goku: 1
    Pan: 2
    Super Gogeta: 2
    Super Janemba: 1
Also, I counted 84 character slots, though since Pan was the farthest character unlocked on the roster, there might be a little more than that. I expect almost 90 characters, maybe 100 if we're lucky. Since XV1 had 58 characters (after DLC), that means XV2 should have almost 30 new characters. Out of the new characters we currently know...
  • Goku Black
    Majin Vegeta
    DBS Future Trunks (though it could just be a variation)
    Future Gohan
    Time Breaker Bardock
    Slug
    Turles
    Nail
    Zarbon
    Dadoria
    Cooler
    Final Form Cooler
    Meta-Cooler
    Imperfect Cell
    Super Janemba
    Super Gogeta
... we still don't know about 12 or so new characters. And then there's DLC characters being added later on, which could bring the roster around 100 or more.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:20 am

Most fighting games don't show their new characters until really late. The same happened with the Smash Brothers series where some new characters were never shown at all.

Although, I still find it funny and odd and that Turles and Slug get first dibs over Dabura, Towa's own brother. Also, no Dragon Ball characters because they can't fly is a big 'really' moment. Especially since you can easily make kid Goku fly and King Piccolo can already fly.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:52 am

Since I can't edit my previous post, sorry for the double post.

I just wanted to saw that after seeing the trailer several times, I can saw that there is something about Time Patrol Trunks that I just find off-putting in the animation trailer. Maybe it's his movements or his really dorky expressions, but Time Patrol Trunks just rubs me the wrong way. I also know it's specific to Time Patrol Trunks because Trunks from the Android Saga where he slice up Freeza's men in the trailer doesn't make me cringe.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:36 am

dbzfan7 wrote:
nato25 wrote:Looks like that's it. So the biggest announcement from TGS was SSJ hair doesn't spike up.
Hell didn't Ultimate Tenkaichi essentially get this right too?
Yeah, but I think it's because of how limited the options are in that game. I say if that game did have a lot of hair options like the XV series, maybe they would've had a hard time transitioning the hair style too. I ain't justifying it, but that's something I've just remember.

Anyway, even though the lack of SS hair change is dissappointing, calling it a XV 1.5 because of that is a bit too much. There are sooo many other stuff to be excited for like the exploring the city, the missions, both mini and parralel, and some of the gameplay elements (the stamina eater and ki variations). "1.5" my butt.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:56 am

Big Momma wrote:I hate how they darken the colors so much, it was the same in XV1. I can understand trying to prevent seizures and whatnot, but it'd be nice if they would make it an option we could turn on/off. I have how dark it looks sometimes.
According to Rhylestyle, this isn't intentional. It's a bug in the game that's messing with the recording software. Apparently.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

THEGOKU
Regular

Post by THEGOKU » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:51 am

Big Momma wrote:I hate how they darken the colors so much, it was the same in XV1. I can understand trying to prevent seizures and whatnot, but it'd be nice if they would make it an option we could turn on/off. I have how dark it looks sometimes.
Yes thanks for mentioning this. Everything else with the game I can deal with but this here is my biggest pet peeve of the games. An option to make it brighter would be perfect and I know it won't come and we will have to wait for XV3 but this just makes the game and the colors look dull at times.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:54 am

THEGOKU wrote:
Yes thanks for mentioning this. Everything else with the game I can deal with but this here is my biggest pet peeve of the games. An option to make it brighter would be perfect and I know it won't come and we will have to wait for XV3 but this just makes the game and the colors look dull at times.

As Kanassa pointed out, it's a bug. The game isn't that dark going by people who played it.
Kanassa wrote:

THEGOKU
Regular

Post by THEGOKU » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:03 am

I had posted my complaint first before I saw the explanation on why it is so dark so my bad on that one but I'm glad it isn't that dark. They did add new stages though which is always welcomed and it looks like we have a destroyed city stage too if I'm not mistaken? At least that's what the stage under the cell arena looks like in that video. I think we are all just pissed of characters are missing to only be added later that it would suck they didn't get to be a part of the main story and not just their own DLC story. I for one just want to hurry and play as black already.

Nightmare Wheel
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nightmare Wheel » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:58 am

Grimlock wrote:I was thinking about stats, but someone said stats would be removed completely from the game... I'm now confused.

Also, the way Future Trunks transforms comes from Movie 9, I don't think just because of that they would rename his transformation.
It's not just Trunks. Future Gohan did the same pose when transforming in the fight with 17 and 18 at the amusement park. If they were willing to make a variant just for Vegeta I don't see why this owuld be so out of place.