Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ParkerAL
Regular

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by ParkerAL » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:12 pm

Yeah, saying he hopes Vegetto doesn't do anything "rash" or "risky" would have been a better fit for Gohan's polite personality. Little details like this can go a long way towards making a character feel like him or herself in a fan work.
Favorite Movies: Alien, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, The Thing, Evil Dead, The Land Before Time
Favorite Shows: Cardcaptor Sakura, Doctor Who, Wallace and Gromit, Wakfu, Yu Yu Hakusho
Favorite Manga: Fullmetal Alchemist, Hunter x Hunter, Dragon Ball
Augenis wrote:The power level view into the series has trained a significant portion of the fan base into real life stereotypical members of the Freeza empire, where each and every individual is reduced to a floating number above their heads and any sudden changes to said number are met with shock and confusion.

Regarder
Regular

Post by Regarder » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:39 pm

They are translating from French though, remember.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:28 pm

And personally, I don't think syntax can warrant OOC. OOC is actions, not speech.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:27 pm

FoolsGil wrote:And personally, I don't think syntax can warrant OOC. OOC is actions, not speech.
First, that's not what syntax means. Syntax refers to the placement of the words, not what words are used.

Second, what kind of nonsense is this? Of course speech can be out of character. If Goku were to beat up Freeza, and then proceed to go off on a tangent about how he's made the universe safe for free enterprise and expansion, that would obviously be out of character.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:50 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:And personally, I don't think syntax can warrant OOC. OOC is actions, not speech.
First, that's not what syntax means. Syntax refers to the placement of the words, not what words are used.

Second, what kind of nonsense is this? Of course speech can be out of character. If Goku were to beat up Freeza, and then proceed to go off on a tangent about how he's made the universe safe for free enterprise and expansion, that would obviously be out of character.
Yeah, well Gohan speaking plainly doesn't mean OOC speech.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:46 pm

I don't see why Bra is having such a hard time with Super Saiyan. Gohan got anger once and got it. Trunks became a Super Saiyan off-screen in the manga and even in the special he trained himself to control Super Saiyan after Gohan died, and Goten and Trunks didn't even have to try and got Super Saiyan. Being a hybrid and the daughter of Vegetto, she should sneeze and turn Super Saiyan.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:47 am

HeroR wrote:I don't see why Bra is having such a hard time with Super Saiyan. Gohan got anger once and got it. Trunks became a Super Saiyan off-screen in the manga and even in the special he trained himself to control Super Saiyan after Gohan died, and Goten and Trunks didn't even have to try and got Super Saiyan. Being a hybrid and the daughter of Vegetto, she should sneeze and turn Super Saiyan.
I don't think that's the issue. The issue is exercising self-restraint in her Super Saiyan; the same thing that she struggles with even now.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:42 am

Fionordequester wrote:
HeroR wrote:I don't see why Bra is having such a hard time with Super Saiyan. Gohan got anger once and got it. Trunks became a Super Saiyan off-screen in the manga and even in the special he trained himself to control Super Saiyan after Gohan died, and Goten and Trunks didn't even have to try and got Super Saiyan. Being a hybrid and the daughter of Vegetto, she should sneeze and turn Super Saiyan.
I don't think that's the issue. The issue is exercising self-restraint in her Super Saiyan; the same thing that she struggles with even now.
She said in this chapter that she can't transform at will. She has to be angry.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:04 am

HeroR wrote:
Fionordequester wrote:
She said in this chapter that she can't transform at will. She has to be angry.
No one knows how the offspring of a fusion like Vegetto would exactly work. Gohan and Goten have the same exact parents and even they are noticeably different when it comes to reaching SSJ, accessing power reserves and so on.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:14 pm

:wtf:

...What a fool I was to sympathize for Bra. Bra wasn't locked up with Vegetto, he was locked up with her.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:27 pm

Nice to see Vegetto get owned for once. :D
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

nite_jay
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by nite_jay » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:30 pm

Bra is one of those Angelica type characters it seems. Always written to be annoying, but never meant to receive their comeuppance. :cry:

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:33 pm

nite_jay wrote:Bra is one of those Angelica type characters it seems. Always written to be annoying, but never meant to receive their comeuppance. :cry:
Yes, it's a pity there wasn't a fight up until now where her arrogance should have bitten her in the ass. No.... fight.... at.... all.....
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:42 pm

Wait, did Vegetto just give up? :lol:

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:11 pm

One spoiled princess got owned by another spoiled princess :D
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:28 pm

FoolsGil wrote:Image

:wtf:

...What a fool I was to sympathize for Bra. Bra wasn't locked up with Vegetto, he was locked up with her.
Lol, Vegetto just rage quit. Don't blame him. If it was me, I would said 'screw up' after the first hour.
Kanassa wrote:

ParkerAL
Regular

Post by ParkerAL » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:52 am

You know, even I'm starting to think Bra's impertinence is getting a little silly.
Favorite Movies: Alien, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, The Thing, Evil Dead, The Land Before Time
Favorite Shows: Cardcaptor Sakura, Doctor Who, Wallace and Gromit, Wakfu, Yu Yu Hakusho
Favorite Manga: Fullmetal Alchemist, Hunter x Hunter, Dragon Ball
Augenis wrote:The power level view into the series has trained a significant portion of the fan base into real life stereotypical members of the Freeza empire, where each and every individual is reduced to a floating number above their heads and any sudden changes to said number are met with shock and confusion.

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:47 am

Surprisingly, I have bigger issues with with Vegetto's character than I have with Bra. There's more Vegeta in him than Goku. There's no balance or nice hints of Goku that's shown often. Maybe in a few gag panels here and there, but that's about it.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:11 am

Scarz wrote:Surprisingly, I have bigger issues with with Vegetto's character than I have with Bra. There's more Vegeta in him than Goku. There's no balance or nice hints of Goku that's shown often. Maybe in a few gag panels here and there, but that's about it.
He did show more of Goku's personally when he fought Broly. But I do agree that Vegeta seems to be the dominant personality.
Kanassa wrote:

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:13 am

Scarz wrote:Surprisingly, I have bigger issues with with Vegetto's character than I have with Bra. There's more Vegeta in him than Goku. There's no balance or nice hints of Goku that's shown often. Maybe in a few gag panels here and there, but that's about it.
Well, Goku and Vegeta are opposite in certain things. For example, if Vegeta is impatient regarding something and Goku is patient, Vegetto, being a kind of middle ground, would still be impatient, only not as impatient as Vegeta would be, but the fact that he is still being impatient makes him seem more like Vegeta than Goku, despite being a middle ground.

In other words, Vegeta would have stormed off after less than a hour and Goku wouldn't storm off. Vegetto storms off after 2.5 days.