What is the exact multiplier of Super Saiyan 4?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheMikado
I Live Here

Re: What is the exact multiplier of Super Saiyan 4?

Post by TheMikado » Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:31 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
TheMikado wrote: Ok, I see the problem with the logic. It presumes the baby boost multiples with the SSJ increase. My theory only applies to the Saiyan body and thus the SSJ multipliers only apply to the Saiyans body with the parasite power being additive to that rather than multiplying as well.
An unproven theory can't really be said to have a "problem" if the only thing that disproves it is another unproven theory.
That's fine but the theory I've given makes more consistent sense through all of baby's encounters

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:31 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:There was more, but this was years ago, and I can't be bothered searching through dozens of pages of the power levels thread :P

Random should be tagged by this, so he can go over all of it if he wants to later.
Wow, that makes a lot sense actually. Well, sense for GT anyway :lol:
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:34 pm

Oh cool, @Kamiccolo9, I didn't know he had it tie into the Vegetto x Goku equation, as well :lol:
Props for that!

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:39 pm

His numbers also work very well with the idea of Post-ROSAT Base Gotenks being stronger than a Super Saiyan 3 Goku. This severely bloats the power levels of the Boo Saga to a degree I don't particularly like but it actually makes... sense.... for GT.... huh....
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:42 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:His numbers also work very well with the idea of Post-ROSAT Base Gotenks being stronger than a Super Saiyan 3 Goku. This severely bloats the power levels of the Boo Saga to a degree I don't particularly like but it actually makes... sense.... for GT.... huh....
The Buu Arc powers are already crazy bloated in the anime, what with Vegeta being stronger than SSJ3 Gotenks (based on him beating up the copy inside Buu, and with said copy being stated to be as strong as the original,) all the statements putting Pure Buu as the strongest form of Buu (some of which were said when Goku was fighting him as a SSJ2), and with Goku's performance inside Buu's body. And GT obviously follows the anime, so....
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:45 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:His numbers also work very well with the idea of Post-ROSAT Base Gotenks being stronger than a Super Saiyan 3 Goku. This severely bloats the power levels of the Boo Saga to a degree I don't particularly like but it actually makes... sense.... for GT.... huh....
The Buu Arc powers are already crazy bloated in the anime, what with Vegeta being stronger than SSJ3 Gotenks (based on him beating up the copy inside Buu, and with said copy being stated to be as strong as the original,) all the statements putting Pure Buu as the strongest form of Buu (some of which were said when Goku was fighting him as a SSJ2), and with Goku's performance inside Buu's body. And GT obviously follows the anime, so....
It definitely works with the anime on that front but even with the manga if you think Piccolo's amazement at Base Gotenks' power in the ROSAT is any indication. I personally don't put him anywhere in the spitting distance of even Piccolo's max power in Base alone but there are some who do think he's THAT much stronger just from the ROSAT.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:48 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote:
It definitely works with the anime on that front but even with the manga if you think Piccolo's amazement at Base Gotenks' power in the ROSAT is any indication. I personally don't put him anywhere in the spitting distance of even Piccolo's max power in Base alone but there are some who do think he's THAT much stronger just from the ROSAT.
Sure, I guess. I kinda like the idea of Gotenks being that strong just because it makes people hyperventilate over it in rage :D

God, this conversation is making me feel dirty lol. I've reached my quota for the use of the word "multiplier" for the month.
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:50 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:Sure, I guess. I kinda like the idea of Gotenks being that strong just because it makes people hyperventilate over it in rage :D God, this conversation is making me feel dirty lol. I've reached my quota for the use of the word "multiplier" for the month.
Not as much as saying Gohan & Gotenks are stronger than Goku at the end does :P

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:55 pm

I am one of those in the "base Gotenks is Super strong" camp. However it is one of the great annoyances, that he doesn't get to definitely prove his power, so people couldn't use the "gag statements" logic etc.
That also goes for the general Majin Buu debate.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:56 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote:Sure, I guess. I kinda like the idea of Gotenks being that strong just because it makes people hyperventilate over it in rage :D God, this conversation is making me feel dirty lol. I've reached my quota for the use of the word "multiplier" for the month.
Not as much as saying Gohan & Gotenks are stronger than Goku at the end does :P
Bah, I'm just waiting for that stupid "They're gonna destroy the universe" thing to be revealed as Kaioshin making a joke. That'll really piss off the power level people.
Malik_DBNA wrote:

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:59 pm

dbgtFO wrote:I am one of those in the "base Gotenks is Super strong" camp. However it is one of the great annoyances, that he doesn't get to definitely prove his power, so people couldn't use the "gag statements" logic etc.
That also goes for the general Majin Buu debate.
The Gotenks debate at least has the gag angle to create a debate around. The Goku being inferior to the half-breeds usually boils down to either "the anime said this so its true!" or "Goku is DUR GR3T3ZR CARACTUR 3VAR SO HEZ #1! 4 SUR!"
Kamiccolo9 wrote:Bah, I'm just waiting for that stupid "They're gonna destroy the universe" thing to be revealed as Kaioshin making a joke. That'll really piss off the power level people.
What universe thing? That sounds as preposterous as SS suddenly being unmasterable and Blue being combinable with KK :P

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:52 pm

TheMikado wrote:Everyone uses that scene completely incorrectly.
Gohan was baby possessed which is a power boost itself and different from being a baby minion. It's the same reason baby Goten beat down Gohan or why baby SSJ2 Vegeta beats SSJ3 Goku. I swear everytime I hear someone say that I always wonder if they actually watched GT or just saw a clip out of context.
Baby didn't make any noticeable increase in power while possessing Goten, the fight between Gohan & Goten was only one-sided because Gohan chose to fight in base while Baby made use of SSJ Goten. Once Gohan became a SSJ then Baby ditched Goten's body and took over Gohan's which implies Gohan was still stronger even with this supposed power boost.
It's not until Baby possesses Vegeta that he becomes far more powerful but that might have more to do with Vegeta's much greater potential than anything, Vegeta as a SSJ4 is about equal to limit-surpassed SSJ4 Goku after all.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:10 pm

theherodjl wrote:
TheMikado wrote:Everyone uses that scene completely incorrectly.
Gohan was baby possessed which is a power boost itself and different from being a baby minion. It's the same reason baby Goten beat down Gohan or why baby SSJ2 Vegeta beats SSJ3 Goku. I swear everytime I hear someone say that I always wonder if they actually watched GT or just saw a clip out of context.
Baby didn't make any noticeable increase in power while possessing Goten, the fight between Gohan & Goten was only one-sided because Gohan chose to fight in base while Baby made use of SSJ Goten. Once Gohan became a SSJ then Baby ditched Goten's body and took over Gohan's which implies Gohan was still stronger even with this supposed power boost.
It's not until Baby possesses Vegeta that he becomes far more powerful but that might have more to do with Vegeta's much greater potential than anything, Vegeta as a SSJ4 is about equal to limit-surpassed SSJ4 Goku after all.
Well no, SSJ Goten shouldn't be anywhere near Ultimate Gohan. That alone shows even Goten got a pretty large power boost.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:05 am

TheMikado wrote:Well no, SSJ Goten shouldn't be anywhere near Ultimate Gohan. That alone shows even Goten got a pretty large power boost.
Baby-Possessed SSJ Goten ain't anywhere close to Ultimate Gohan, much like in DB Super Gohan lost that state and reverted to using SSJ. It would be redundant if he could use SSJ on top of Ultimate if going Ultimate and SSJ is apparently the same transformation process.

Friezacooler
Regular

Post by Friezacooler » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:21 am

theherodjl wrote:
TheMikado wrote:Well no, SSJ Goten shouldn't be anywhere near Ultimate Gohan. That alone shows even Goten got a pretty large power boost.
Baby-Possessed SSJ Goten ain't anywhere close to Ultimate Gohan, much like in DB Super Gohan lost that state and reverted to using SSJ. It would be redundant if he could use SSJ on top of Ultimate if going Ultimate and SSJ is apparently the same transformation process.
except Gohan didn't lose his ultimate form, it was stated he trained.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:09 am

Friezacooler wrote:except Gohan didn't lose his ultimate form, it was stated he trained.
Here's what the Perfect Files states.
Son Gohan
He transformed when fighting with Goten after Goten had been taken over by Baby!! It seems that even in times of peace, he hasn’t neglected his training. The differences in Gohan’s facial expressions before and after transforming are the most intense out of any warrior!!
It does say that he trained...but not that he kept the Ultimate power-up.
Like I said it would be kinda redundant to go SSJ when it is the same process, Gohan may be a bit of a fighting prodigy himself but he's no Goku or Vegeta when it comes to figuring out the next level.