Some wishes for a next villain after the trunks arc??

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

hold3n

Re: Some wishes for a next villain after the trunks arc??

Post by hold3n » Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:10 am

ChronoTwigger wrote:Dragon God Zarama.

'nufff said.
This guy! Have Zarama fuse with Super Shenron to become all powerful, and get defeated by a multiversal Spirit Bomb.
*random dragon ball shit*

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:55 pm

I'd enjoy exploring the Demon Realm and the Makioshins more, maybe have Goku and Co get trapped down there by sorcery, learning that Dabura's death has sowed chaos throughout the realm.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:08 pm

Kanassa wrote:I'd enjoy exploring the Demon Realm and the Makioshins more, maybe have Goku and Co get trapped down there by sorcery, learning that Dabura's death has sowed chaos throughout the realm.
Imagine Dragon Ball delving into something as "mature" as the concept of a power vacuum. I absolutely agree with you.
The Demon Realm is a magical place. Literally.
Q8: What sort of place is the Demon Realm?
Toriyama: It’s a hideout for mages!
The Demon Realm is located in the universe, but its scale is very small, the size of a hideout for mages. The mages live in the Demon Realm like evil goblins.
Delving deeper into magic, demon Supreme Kais (Makaioushin), the power vacuum after Dabura, and possibly even a civil war of sorts (every significant person in such a place would surely try to claim power!) could make for one heck of an adventure for Goku and co.!
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:19 pm

Alruneia wrote:
Kanassa wrote:I'd enjoy exploring the Demon Realm and the Makioshins more, maybe have Goku and Co get trapped down there by sorcery, learning that Dabura's death has sowed chaos throughout the realm.
Imagine Dragon Ball delving into something as "mature" as the concept of a power vacuum. I absolutely agree with you.
The Demon Realm is a magical place. Literally.
Q8: What sort of place is the Demon Realm?
Toriyama: It’s a hideout for mages!
The Demon Realm is located in the universe, but its scale is very small, the size of a hideout for mages. The mages live in the Demon Realm like evil goblins.
Delving deeper into magic, demon Supreme Kais (Makaioushin), the power vacuum after Dabura, and possibly even a civil war of sorts (every significant person in such a place would surely try to claim power!) could make for one heck of an adventure for Goku and co.!
Hell, then they could easily justify keeping certain characters away and power levels. Just yell ''IT'S MAAAAAAGIIIIIIC!''

Why aren't Beerus and Whis here? Magic
How are there so many people stronger then Dabura? Magic
It could even give some neat abilities.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:25 pm

For Universe 6 villains, I think having evil Nameks would be interesting. I think Toriyama can give us a villain that is not a rehash of Piccolo Daimao. Lord Slug was a poor man's version of Piccolo Daimao and 23rd TB Piccolo.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

PsionicWarrior
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PsionicWarrior » Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:02 pm

I'd really like next arc to be the King of All's tournament one, which would lead to another main villain arc kinda like it went with the Buu arc, with someone completely new, maybe from Universe 8 or something.

Edit

And I want to see Pan and Goten, not just Trunks, I'd also like to see Gohan train again.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:49 pm

It's way too soon to have that Tournament yet. They only just had a Tournament in the last saga.

I think they should introduce other characters from other universes first so we already know of a bunch of them before they had that Tournament because you'd have got to know some of the characters and it'd mean more to see them fight.

That seems like a penultimate saga to me.

MajinVegetaPD
Beyond Newbie

Post by MajinVegetaPD » Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:50 pm

Something having to do with Universe 6 would be nice. It would give the writers a chance to develop the characters of Hit and Cabba some more. You can even throw Frost in the mix, as I'm sure he has been outed by Cabba at this point, which wouldn't sit well with him I'd imagine.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:14 pm

Bullza wrote:It's way too soon to have that Tournament yet. They only just had a Tournament in the last saga.

I think they should introduce other characters from other universes first so we already know of a bunch of them before they had that Tournament because you'd have got to know some of the characters and it'd mean more to see them fight.

I wouldn't say too soon. The 23rd Martial Arts Tourument happened right after the King Piccolo Saga, which was around 22 Episodes.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:17 am

HeroR wrote:
Bullza wrote:It's way too soon to have that Tournament yet. They only just had a Tournament in the last saga.

I wouldn't say too soon. The 23rd Martial Arts Tourument happened right after the King Piccolo Saga, which was around 22 Episodes.
Yeah but thats why Dragon Ball was more repetitive when compared to Dragon Ball Z. The story was essentially

Villains after the Dragon Balls, World Tournament, Villains after the Dragon Balls, World Tournament, Villains after the Dragon Balls, World Tournament.

They just had a Tournament saga end this year they don't need to be having another one start this year.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:36 am

In all honesty, I'm okay with any sort of generic villain as long as it is genuinely evil, has no silly quirks (ala Fat Buu and Beerus), and has a cool design.

What matters to me is how to story itself is executed because as we can see from the Black arc, you can have fascinating concepts for villains, but then the story can leave a lot to be desired, leading to villains that don't live up to their expectations.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

vilker

Post by vilker » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:51 am

I expect this arc would be longer with Time Kaioh Shin taking place and finally Trunks becoming time guardian. And Zamasu is actually a Makaio Shin.

New arc maybe can be base on Buu, could get angry and create a new most evil and clever Buu that could use dragon balls another time for its benefice or hide himself for think his plan. A clever Buu would remember all of his long live and use his magic to turn to live any old villain or his real creator.

Also base in evolution of characters, maybe Vegeta is tired with Earth peace, and after see universe 6 Salad planet, maybe He wants to resurrect Vegeta planet with the Dragon Balls, turn back to live with his race becoming their king and teaching all secrets about godly ki.

Some new Hakaishin can be worried about new humans approaxing to the Gods level and could go to erradicate them. Or any rebellion from Gods against other Gods or Zeno with reasonable grounds like multiversal laws or balance.

Friezacooler
Regular

Post by Friezacooler » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:43 pm

a Return of Freeza with the Ginyu force will be perfect.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:53 pm

Training episodes!! I miss training episodes so much!
Also some slice of life stuff next time we reach filler.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:56 pm

Hard to top this arc in terms of a villain. An immortal God and a being that gets strong after every battle.

So I think they should take a step back and have a more "laid back" arc. Planet Sadla arc would be a perfect fit here. No big villain just a short one cour arc with the gang adventuring in U6 who may come across trouble from time to time.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:58 pm

Chuquita wrote:Training episodes!! I miss training episodes so much!
I'd really like training that's not confined to Goku and Vegeta all the time, though. Give us someone else, like Goten!
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:01 pm

Yes definitely both of these things. The training episodes make it seem like something serious is happening and it just looks good, especially when it is the whole team and not just Goku and Vegeta.

Any Slice of life will almost certainly be more fun than the mini arc we got last time.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:15 pm

While my desire is to have an arc dedicated solely to foucus gohan..
If I could do something within my power to make that happen I would..
As that can't happen here is a thought that can happen..

How about don't kill black? Hann? How about it!?
He topped villan list of a ton of people and it would be good if he became a recurring threat to them..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:22 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Yes definitely both of these things. The training episodes make it seem like something serious is happening and it just looks good, especially when it is the whole team and not just Goku and Vegeta.

Any Slice of life will almost certainly be more fun than the mini arc we got last time.
I was fairly disappointed with the jelleta filler, and I normally enjoy most of Fukushima's filler. I do hope the next filler is more fun.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

saiyanvegetable
Temporarily Banned

Post by saiyanvegetable » Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:20 pm

I'd just a love a real villain ffs.