Guess That Quote V2 (Round 39)

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Guess That Quote V2 (Round 39)

Post by Anime Kitten » Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:58 pm

Version 2 of the quote guessing game.
Please read the rules thoroughly before posting.

Rules of Each Round
[spoiler]1. The host of the round makes a quote. Signify by stylizing "Round X" (X representing the round number) in Size 150 and Bold text. The proper way to make a quote is to use the quote function provided by the forum. If you are unable host a round, pass the quote, or don't guess until you are available. You may choose up to one co-host if you desire.
2. The players try to guess where the quote is from. See Point Value below. It should be common knowledge to not use the Internet to look up a quote; that's cheating.
3. The quote remains in play until guessed correctly. The host must specify whether guesses made are correct or incorrect. When the quote is confirmed to be correct, move to rule 4.
4. The next round begins with the player who correctly guessed the quote. See rule 1.
Notes:
- Some rounds will last longer than others. Any quotes are welcome, though more obscure ones are encouraged.
- If you wish to be ejected from the game, either make a post stating such, or contact me and I'll make it known.[/spoiler]
Point Value
[spoiler]+1 for correctly guessing the character, and where applicable, the show.
+2 for correctly guessing the scene/context along with the above.
+3 for correctly guessing the chapter or episode along with the above (+2 if not the scene/context).[/spoiler]
Point Infractions
[spoiler]These are given when a rule is broken after one reminder and one warning. As such, they only take effect after that.
-1 for an impolite post.
-2 for making a quote without being a round hoster.
-3 for breaking a forum rule.[/spoiler]
Current Point List
[spoiler]Anime Kitten: 9
Ash57: 2
Bansho64: 11
dbzfan94: 4
Fionordequester: 16
nickzambuto: 0
Slangh: 1
TheUltimateNinja: 31[/spoiler]
Round 1
Finally, the one who fought against me has disappeared from this world.
Last edited by Anime Kitten on Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:37 am, edited 39 times in total.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Guess That Quote V2 (Round 1)

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:55 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:Version 2 of the quote guessing game.

Rules of Each Round
[spoiler]1. The host of the round makes a quote. Signify by stylizing "Round X" (X representing the round number) in Size 150 and Bold text. The proper way to make a quote is to use the quote function provided by the forum. If you are unable host a round, pass the quote, or don't guess until you are available. You may choose up to one co-host if you desire.
2. The players try to guess where the quote is from. See Point Value below.
3. The quote remains in play until guessed correctly. The host must specify whether guesses made are correct or incorrect. When the quote is confirmed to be correct, move to rule 4.
4. The next round begins with the player who correctly guessed the quote. See rule 1.
Notes:
- Some rounds will last longer than others. Any quotes are welcome, though more obscure ones are encouraged.
- If you wish to be ejected from the game, either make a post stating such, or contact me and I'll make it known.[/spoiler]
Point Value
[spoiler]+1 for correctly guessing the character, and where applicable, the show.
+3 for correctly guessing the chapter or episode along with the above.[/spoiler]
Current Point List (updated with Round 1)
[spoiler]Anime Kitten: 0[/spoiler]
Round 1
Is that Black from DBS49?

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:02 pm

One other thing...would it not be wise to dock 1 point for every time someone has to use the Internet to guess a quote? That way they won't get +2 and +3 for quotes they didn't know at first?
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:24 pm

Fionordequester wrote:One other thing...would it not be wise to dock 1 point for every time someone has to use the Internet to guess a quote? That way they won't get +2 and +3 for quotes they didn't know at first?
How would you verify such a thing?
Dbzfan94 wrote:
Anime Kitten wrote:Version 2 of the quote guessing game.

Rules of Each Round
2. The players try to guess where the quote is from. See Point Value below.
Notes:
Point Value
+3 for correctly guessing the chapter or episode along with the above.[/spoiler]
Current Point List (updated with Round 1)
[spoiler]Anime Kitten: 0[/spoiler]
Round 1
Is that Black from DBS49?
You have to post the context too.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:31 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:How would you verify such a thing?
The honor system. The member would have to say whether or not they looked it up. Not perfect, but then, this is just a game.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:04 pm

Rules have been updated.
Dbzfan94 wrote:Is that Black from DBS49?
Yes, it's Black, but it's actually Episode 50. +2 points. You have Round 2.
MyAnimeList | AniList

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Guess That Quote V2 (Round 2)

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:53 pm

Alright...

"Hey! With all this crazy hair I barely recognize myself. Eh, at least it's better than pointy ears."

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:05 am

Dbzfan94 wrote:Alright...

"Hey! With all this crazy hair I barely recognize myself. Eh, at least it's better than pointy ears."
Gotenks when he goes SSJ3, in the hyperbolic time chamber in episode ~260 or so.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:34 am

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:Alright...

Gotenks when he goes SSJ3, in the hyperbolic time chamber in episode ~260 or so.
You got it. So you're next

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:27 am

"Damn, these assholes keep screwing with me! Making a mockery of the legendary transformation like it's nothing."

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Re: Guess That Quote V2 (Round 4)

Post by Anime Kitten » Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:21 pm

Please, read the rules. You missed these two points:
1. The host of the round makes a quote. Signify by stylizing "Round X" (X representing the round number) in Size 150 and Bold text. The proper way to make a quote is to use the quote function provided by the forum. If you are unable host a round, pass the quote, or don't guess until you are available. You may choose up to one co-host if you desire.
Anyway, though, I'll guess Vegeta during the Android fight?
MyAnimeList | AniList

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Re: Guess That Quote V2 (Round 4)

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:12 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:Please, read the rules. You missed these two points:
1. The host of the round makes a quote. Signify by stylizing "Round X" (X representing the round number) in Size 150 and Bold text. The proper way to make a quote is to use the quote function provided by the forum. If you are unable host a round, pass the quote, or don't guess until you are available. You may choose up to one co-host if you desire.
Anyway, though, I'll guess Vegeta during the Android fight?
Whoops, sorry.

And yeah, you got it, though it was actually when he sensed Cell & Piccolo's huge power levels.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Re: Guess That Quote V2 (Round 5)

Post by Anime Kitten » Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:59 pm

Round 5
You can always make yourself a nice snake and scorpion sandwich.
MyAnimeList | AniList

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:15 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:Round 5
You can always make yourself a nice snake and scorpion sandwich.
The robot in the Gohan filler when Gohan asked for food, sometime in season 1 of Z a couple episodes after the Raditz fight.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:17 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:The robot in the Gohan filler when Gohan asked for food, sometime in season 1 of Z a couple episodes after the Raditz fight.
You got it. +2.
MyAnimeList | AniList

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:22 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:The robot in the Gohan filler when Gohan asked for food, sometime in season 1 of Z a couple episodes after the Raditz fight.
You got it. +2.
So you have to get it down to the exact episode/chapter? Because I really doubt people can recall those except for the really memorable quotes like Vegeta's final atonement or the 0 mortal plan speech.

Anyway,

Round 6:
Haha, look at him! He's totally puny!

Ash57
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ash57 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:29 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
Anime Kitten wrote:
You got it. +2.
So you have to get it down to the exact episode/chapter? Because I really doubt people can recall those except for the really memorable quotes like Vegeta's final atonement or the 0 mortal plan speech.

Anyway,

Round 6:
[

Vegeta...to Kid Boo, i think?
"No matter how many times you spend on these forums. No matter how arrogant you are, you'll eventually lose a debate. So stop and admit that you're not omniscient"

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:31 pm

Ash57 wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:
Anime Kitten wrote: You got it. +2.

Anyway,

Round 6:
[

Vegeta...to Kid Boo, i think?
The quote was by Vegeta but he was talking to Goku about Buu's size reduction. You got it, next round's yours.

Ash57
Beyond Newbie

Re: Guess That Quote V2 (Round 6)

Post by Ash57 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:35 pm

Right.
Unreal. My gosh. This is amazing! I FEEL INCREDIBLEEE!! YES, YES, YES, YES, I CAN WIN, I FEEL GREAT, I-CAN-DO-THIS, NRGH!!!"
It's impossible not to bat an eye on this and recognize who said it immediately.
"No matter how many times you spend on these forums. No matter how arrogant you are, you'll eventually lose a debate. So stop and admit that you're not omniscient"

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Re: Guess That Quote V2 (Round 6)

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:40 pm

Ash57 wrote:Right.
Unreal. My gosh. This is amazing! I FEEL INCREDIBLEEE!! YES, YES, YES, YES, I CAN WIN, I FEEL GREAT, I-CAN-DO-THIS, NRGH!!!"
It's impossible not to bat an eye on this and recognize who said it immediately.
This one's easy, Piccolo says this after he fuses with Nail since he's amazed with his new power in episode 77 of Z, This is right before he heads off to battle 2nd form Frieza.