Give the blood back!!

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.
User avatar
PsionicWarrior
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...
Posts: 1569
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 2:33 pm

Re: Give the blood back!!

Post by PsionicWarrior » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:41 am

Mazingerdestro wrote: if you can't handle communicating with other people then don't post in a forum.If you want to post and people ignore you then open a blog instead of going to every one of their posts (unrelated to yours of course) and writing nonsense while adding a lol hoping to troll them and start a flame war.....
Ironically you're the one who told me 1) to not watch the show and 2) to not post in a forum and 3) that I write nonsense and calling me a troll because of my way of posting, so I wonder who's having trouble handling opinions or getting personal cheers lol
Kanassa wrote:If we were going for realism, then the Ki blast would most likely be cauterising the wounds.
True enough but there would still be blood, just not bloodbath lol
Anyway of course we can't expect for realism in a series where people fly and throw energy blasts but I think the point has been made clear lol

User avatar
emperior
I Live Here
Posts: 4347
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:52 pm
Location: Dragon World
Contact:

Re: Give the blood back!!

Post by emperior » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:06 pm

Ki blasts should cauterize the wounds, but punching someone in the face should make them bleed for fuck's sake. Nowadays battle damage sucks and is inconsistent. Also throwing someone to the ground should make them bleed. I think DBZ was perfect regarding blood, GT was good too I think? Too bad we are no longer in the 90s
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

User avatar
Mazingerdestro
Regular
Posts: 747
Joined: Thu May 19, 2016 5:42 am

Re: Give the blood back!!

Post by Mazingerdestro » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:18 pm

PsionicWarrior wrote: Ironically you're the one who told me 1) to not watch the show and 2) to not post in a forum and 3) that I write nonsense and calling me a troll because of my way of posting, so I wonder who's having trouble handling opinions or getting personal cheers lol
Ι never told you not to watch the show. I told you that if you enjoy blood then there are numerous series to watch that have a lot.
Stop trolling when you are unable to communicate with people.
"Your way of posting" is following, my unrelated to you, comments in every post in this forum and answering "lol no"or whatever to everything and after than call me a hijacker. Yeah indeed you are not a troll, you just felt insulted and tried to make me angry..... joke's on you none of the replies here agree with you. They even provide explanations why the scene you use as an example shouldn't have blood. Learn to communicate kid.
I will start ignoring you.

User avatar
MajinMan
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1237
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:42 am
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Give the blood back!!

Post by MajinMan » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:21 pm

Putting "lol" after every argument or point does not make you automatically superior.

As for the blood topic, I think that blood adds a sense of tension to battles. We don't really need it, but it adds to the battle damage and feels more realistic.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

60.

Rest in peace.

User avatar
PsionicWarrior
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...
Posts: 1569
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 2:33 pm

Re: Give the blood back!!

Post by PsionicWarrior » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:24 pm

Mazingerdestro wrote: Ι never told you not to watch the show. I told you that if you enjoy blood then there are numerous series to watch that have a lot.
Mazingerdestro wrote:I don't think that blood would benefit the series at all. The way it is animated makes blood practically useless. Also it's like season 4 people can't get over the blood. There are like 50 billion anime with blood. It's not like db was the only show with blood. You can watch something else.
It basically means the same lol
I mean sure, I can go watch something else, instead of this right lol
I also said like 5 times I'm not bloodthirsty and that my complaint was not because of me being blood-obsessed or whatever it is you're suggesting lol
Mazingerdestro wrote:joke's on you none of the replies here agree with you.
No lol
Z had plenty of blood, and not saying Super has to go as far as Z did on it, but of course it's kinda disappointing barely having any at all. You'd expect to see more blood in a fighting show like Dragon Ball, especially when they're stabbing and blowing holes through each other. I'd rather there not be any damage shown at all than just some black hole. Just looks wierd, and too tame.
Z came out before political correctness became mainstream, now audience are too pussy to see gore on TV
I agree. It just looks fucking stupid seeing characters with holes blown through them with zero blood coming out.
When Gohan got hit by Freeza's death beams he looked like a more like swiss cheese than suffering from serious injury.
Also without blood it sometimes looks like the characters are sustaining zero damage and causes fights to lack the edge DBZ had.
So yes, please add more blood. It doesn't need to be overdone, but enough to be realistic.
Ki blasts should cauterize the wounds, but punching someone in the face should make them bleed for fuck's sake. Nowadays battle damage sucks and is inconsistent. Also throwing someone to the ground should make them bleed. I think DBZ was perfect regarding blood, GT was good too I think? Too bad we are no longer in the 90s
So you were saying lol
MajinMan wrote:Putting "lol" after every argument or point does not make you automatically superior.
Of course not did I ever imply that lol
Last edited by PsionicWarrior on Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:47 pm, edited 5 times in total.

User avatar
MegaBossMan
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 95
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:08 am

Re: Give the blood back!!

Post by MegaBossMan » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:28 pm

I'd hate to backseat moderate because that's not my job, but seriously guys, let's keep the topic on point and focus a little less on the hostility. This discussion's starting to veer off its original point rather than continuing to grow and expand upon points.
By jove, I've got nothing important to say!

User avatar
PsionicWarrior
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...
Posts: 1569
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 2:33 pm

Re: Give the blood back!!

Post by PsionicWarrior » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:29 pm

MegaBossMan wrote:I'd hate to backseat moderate because that's not my job, but seriously guys, let's keep the topic on point and focus a little less on the hostility. This discussion's starting to veer off its original point rather than continuing to grow and expand upon points.
Completely agree with you I hope more constructive comments can come up lol

User avatar
Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here
Posts: 2520
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:31 pm
Location: Argentina
Contact:

Re: Give the blood back!!

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:51 pm

Blood doesn´t add too much to the serie or fights so their removal means nothing.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

User avatar
Anime Kitten
I Live Here
Posts: 4275
Joined: Mon May 23, 2016 3:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Give the blood back!!

Post by Anime Kitten » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:59 pm

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:Blood doesn´t add too much to the serie or fights so their removal means nothing.
It adds intensity, and it shows how violent these characters can be. Definitely not nothing.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

User avatar
Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here
Posts: 2520
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:31 pm
Location: Argentina
Contact:

Re: Give the blood back!!

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:08 pm

Anime Kitten wrote: It adds intensity, and it shows how violent these characters can be. Definitely not nothing.
You can show characters being violent witouth blood, like for instances someone neck snapping someone else. You can have intensity by having stuff at stakes.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

User avatar
Michelle91
Patreon Supporter
Posts: 15820
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:50 pm
Location: Maryland, USA

Re: Give the blood back!!

Post by Michelle91 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:11 pm

TV standers have change in Japan over the years. It's not just Dragon Ball, look at other TV shows too. Even the newer Kamen Rider shows lack the blood that the older shows had. Maybe Toei may be lucky enough to add digital blood for the fans. Other anime like Jojo and Blood C had uncut home video releases.
She/Her
Profile Pic: Girl Laharl from Disgaea

User avatar
VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator
Posts: 17867
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2004 3:10 pm
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: Give the blood back!!

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:14 pm

MegaBossMan wrote:I'd hate to backseat moderate because that's not my job
But it's my job! :) (Well, it's one of my many jobs...)

Agreed. Seriously. Enough. These endless quote trains concluding with "lol" is unacceptable. If you're not willing to have a reasonable conversation, we're not willing to read what you have to say. In this case, you can't have your cake (get great responses from people that agree with you and back up your opinion) while eating it, too (being a hyperbolic jerk to everyone). It's very simple: be an awesome person! We want to read awesome contributions from awesome people, not lame-o antagonistic bullshit from lame-o people. Be sure to review the rules you agreed to - thanks!

One would think you can come to Kanzenshuu and have an intelligent, reasonable conversation about the violence in the show, how it's been adjusted over time, its impact on the scenes, etc. Let's prove that stereotype about us right!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: April 2026 |] ::

User avatar
PsionicWarrior
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...
Posts: 1569
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 2:33 pm

Re: Give the blood back!!

Post by PsionicWarrior » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:49 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
MegaBossMan wrote:I'd hate to backseat moderate because that's not my job
But it's my job! :) (Well, it's one of my many jobs...)

Agreed. Seriously. Enough. These endless quote trains concluding with "lol" is unacceptable. If you're not willing to have a reasonable conversation, we're not willing to read what you have to say. In this case, you can't have your cake (get great responses from people that agree with you and back up your opinion) while eating it, too (being a hyperbolic jerk to everyone). It's very simple: be an awesome person! We want to read awesome contributions from awesome people, not lame-o antagonistic bullshit from lame-o people. Be sure to review the rules you agreed to - thanks!

One would think you can come to Kanzenshuu and have an intelligent, reasonable conversation about the violence in the show, how it's been adjusted over time, its impact on the scenes, etc. Let's prove that stereotype about us right!
Well to be honest and with all due respect I think it is more lack of respect between members than me trying to keep cheerful, I don't think I am particularily triggering any hostility, had already many conversations with various Kanzenshuu members in here and other areas and no one ever got upset with my posting, or it was settled in a minute and we could keep exchanging our respective opinions without further drama and even ended up laughing about it and just having a good time discussing our favorite series despite disagreements, it's only with user Mazingerdestro in this thread here that name calling started to appear and such, calling for moderation at some point, but that's alright with me and I hold no particular grudge against him, I hope the same goes with him and that we can communicate better in the future because I think he's a nice and fun folk, as debates and opinions can also be fairly well expressed without writing 3 pages of argumentation,

maybe my approach can be a bit blunt but I do not think I broke any rules from the forum rules, or maybe the one saying we can't just say “I agree” or “I disagree” but why couldn't we say so, if someone words it better than I ever could or if the disagreement is so strong sometime all you want to do is just say you disagree without explaining further, would that be unconstructive, yes, non-civil or non-polite or justifying a ban, I personally don't think so but of course the moderation has the final call on it, but please do consider not everyone has the time or energy to counter each opinion with a well and constructed post, that would be kind of elitist wouldn't it, in which case we would be doomed having not to reply at all at times,

However I agree I did got a bit caught in the moment and probably shouldn't have replied to someone subtlety telling me and my topic to **** off, but please I am sure you can understand there is not only huge thesis and light-hearted discussions even if a bit heated can take place in the forum, as long as no one takes offense and if I've offended anyone I'm really sorry about it as it was not my intention, let's hope the series keep on getting better so more and more can get along and keep on discussing what matters at heart,

Cheers lol

User avatar
Anime Kitten
I Live Here
Posts: 4275
Joined: Mon May 23, 2016 3:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Give the blood back!!

Post by Anime Kitten » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:56 pm

PsionicWarrior wrote:maybe my approach can be a bit blunt but I do not think I broke any rules from the forum rules, or maybe the one saying we can't just say “I agree” or “I disagree” but why couldn't we say so, if someone words it better than I ever could or if the disagreement is so strong sometime all you want to do is just say you disagree without explaining further, would that be unconstructive, yes, non-civil or non-polite or justifying a ban, I personally don't think so but of course the moderation has the final call on it, but please do consider not everyone has the time or energy to counter each opinion with a well and constructed post, that would be kind of elitist wouldn't it, in which case we would be doomed having not to reply at all at times,
You can either just try your best to not respond (which, trust me, is hard), or PM the user saying you agree with their post. There's not really that much to it aside from following the rules. Be respectful, be respectable, and contribute. That's how I, at least, see the rules in essence.

Swerving this back on-topic, though, when did blood start being excluded? Battle of Gods lacked it, to my memory, and I've seen some clips of Resurrection 'F' with blood, so is it an on/off thing, perhaps dependent on the writer?
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

User avatar
SansrivaaL
I Live Here
Posts: 3757
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:29 pm
Location: Earth

Re: Give the blood back!!

Post by SansrivaaL » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:00 pm

PsionicWarrior wrote:
VegettoEX wrote:
MegaBossMan wrote:I'd hate to backseat moderate because that's not my job
[spoiler]But it's my job! :) (Well, it's one of my many jobs...)

Agreed. Seriously. Enough. These endless quote trains concluding with "lol" is unacceptable. If you're not willing to have a reasonable conversation, we're not willing to read what you have to say. In this case, you can't have your cake (get great responses from people that agree with you and back up your opinion) while eating it, too (being a hyperbolic jerk to everyone). It's very simple: be an awesome person! We want to read awesome contributions from awesome people, not lame-o antagonistic bullshit from lame-o people. Be sure to review the rules you agreed to - thanks!

One would think you can come to Kanzenshuu and have an intelligent, reasonable conversation about the violence in the show, how it's been adjusted over time, its impact on the scenes, etc. Let's prove that stereotype about us right![/spoiler]
[spoiler]Well to be honest and with all due respect I think it is more lack of respect between members than me trying to keep cheerful, I don't think I am particularily triggering any hostility, had already many conversations with various Kanzenshuu members in here and other areas and no one ever got upset with my posting, or it was settled in a minute and we could keep exchanging our respective opinions without further drama and even ended up laughing about it and just having a good time discussing our favorite series despite disagreements, it's only with user Mazingerdestro in this thread here that name calling started to appear and such, calling for moderation at some point, but that's alright with me and I hold no particular grudge against him, I hope the same goes with him and that we can communicate better in the future because I think he's a nice and fun folk, as debates and opinions can also be fairly well expressed without writing 3 pages of argumentation,

maybe my approach can be a bit blunt but I do not think I broke any rules from the forum rules, or maybe the one saying we can't just say “I agree” or “I disagree” but why couldn't we say so, if someone words it better than I ever could or if the disagreement is so strong sometime all you want to do is just say you disagree without explaining further, would that be unconstructive, yes, non-civil or non-polite or justifying a ban, I personally don't think so but of course the moderation has the final call on it, but please do consider not everyone has the time or energy to counter each opinion with a well and constructed post, that would be kind of elitist wouldn't it, in which case we would be doomed having not to reply at all at times,

However I agree I did got a bit caught in the moment and probably shouldn't have replied to someone subtlety telling me and my topic to **** off, but please I am sure you can understand there is not only huge thesis and light-hearted discussions even if a bit heated can take place in the forum, as long as no one takes offense and if I've offended anyone I'm really sorry about it as it was not my intention, let's hope the series keep on getting better so more and more can get along and keep on discussing what matters at heart,[/spoiler]
Cheers lol
Your lol with every freaking sentence probably triggered some people, seriously mate you dont need to put lol after every dang quotes :lol:

Sodhi
I Live Here
Posts: 2180
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:53 pm

Re: Give the blood back!!

Post by Sodhi » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:00 pm

There has been lack of blood since yo son Goku special which came 2008.

User avatar
Michelle91
Patreon Supporter
Posts: 15820
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:50 pm
Location: Maryland, USA

Re: Give the blood back!!

Post by Michelle91 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:36 pm

GT didn't had much blood neither compare to DBZ. I remember GT having less violent bloody moments until the Shadow Dragon arc when we saw blood when Yi Xing Long punch Goku in the gut and when Vegeta got stab by Super Yi Xing Long's spike.
She/Her
Profile Pic: Girl Laharl from Disgaea

User avatar
ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7865
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:27 am
Location: Split, Croatia

Re: Give the blood back!!

Post by ekrolo2 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:42 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:GT didn't had much blood neither compare to DBZ. I remember GT having less violent bloody moments until the Shadow Dragon arc when we saw blood when Yi Xing Long punch Goku in the gut and when Vegeta got stab by Super Yi Xing Long's spike.
GT and even the later parts of Z still had fairly good looking battle damage for people, Goku looks pretty wrecked against Golden Oozaru Baby and Goku & Vegeta smash each other good in the Boo arc too. I think if we got that stuff back the lack of blood wouldn't bother people much. After all, Goku looking barely messed up after Black made energy spikes blow up inside his body does take the impact out of his fairly cool attack.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Theophrastus
Regular
Posts: 522
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:00 pm
Location: United States

Re: Give the blood back!!

Post by Theophrastus » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:53 pm

Japanese broadcasting standards have changed since the days of DB/Z/GT. Just about the only non-late-night anime these days that show notable amounts of blood are One Piece, Detective Conan, and Naruto Shippuden, and that largely comes down to those series being so old that they aren't subject to current standards (popularity probably also helps).

Newer stuff like Super (and Toriko, Hunter x Hunter 2011, and Fairy Tail for some other examples) have to be more reserved with blood, even if it ends up looking silly sometimes.

User avatar
emperior
I Live Here
Posts: 4347
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:52 pm
Location: Dragon World
Contact:

Re: Give the blood back!!

Post by emperior » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:21 pm

Theophrastus wrote:Japanese broadcasting standards have changed since the days of DB/Z/GT. Just about the only non-late-night anime these days that show notable amounts of blood are One Piece, Detective Conan, and Naruto Shippuden, and that largely comes down to those series being so old that they aren't subject to current standards (popularity probably also helps).

Newer stuff like Super (and Toriko, Hunter x Hunter 2011, and Fairy Tail for some other examples) have to be more reserved with blood, even if it ends up looking silly sometimes.

So if Dragon Ball had not stopped, we would still see blood because it would be subject to old standards? It doesn't make much sense in my opinion.

I just think One Piece and Naruto use blood as much as the author of the manga does. I'm not a fan of those anime though so I'm not sure if what I said is correct.

On the other hand, Super has some blood but they want to avoid showing it as much as possible, I don't know why though. But if DBS was based on the manga, it woud be faithful to the manga, so it would show blood whenever the manga would. Honestly, I'm good with BoG/RoF levels of blood. Especially on RoF, battle damage was done very good and scratches look very realistic, while in Super they look very bad, like they finished the clean art and then gave it to kids to randomly draw random scratches. They are also very unconsistent.

Seeing Trunks cut Dabura's cheek with his sword with no blood is stupid. At that point I prefer if they avoid these type of scenes.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Post Reply