"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.
User avatar
Anime Kitten
I Live Here
Posts: 4275
Joined: Mon May 23, 2016 3:53 pm
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Anime Kitten » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:17 pm

So, either Super's going on hiatus after this arc (if it ends after 65/66), or we're getting a load of filler. Hopefully the latter. :D
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

User avatar
Xeztin
I Live Here
Posts: 2244
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:15 pm
Location: Toyotarō's Place

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Xeztin » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:27 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:I watched the Heroes stream a while ago, and they had Nozawa and Horikawa discussing upcoming Super stuff. I couldn't understand a lick of it, but I was given info to translate by someone who could. According to the stream info:

-Merged Zamasu isn't a dual voice; no Nozawa.
-Goku & Vegeta fusion voice work is complete.
-Mafuba jar is vital to saving the future.

I assume we'll find our first stage of confirmation this week after Zamasu fuses.
Also of note, Toriyama's next Super arc will supposedly be revealed at Jump Festa this year, December 7-8.
I suppose the whole month of November will be Filler episodes right? To bridge the gap between this arc and the next.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 8306
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:28 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by HeroR » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:28 pm

Xeztin wrote:
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:I watched the Heroes stream a while ago, and they had Nozawa and Horikawa discussing upcoming Super stuff. I couldn't understand a lick of it, but I was given info to translate by someone who could. According to the stream info:

-Merged Zamasu isn't a dual voice; no Nozawa.
-Goku & Vegeta fusion voice work is complete.
-Mafuba jar is vital to saving the future.

I assume we'll find our first stage of confirmation this week after Zamasu fuses.
Also of note, Toriyama's next Super arc will supposedly be revealed at Jump Festa this year, December 7-8.
I suppose the whole month of November will be Filler episodes right? To bridge the gap between this arc and the next.
You think the Future Trunks Saga is going to end next week?
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

User avatar
Noah
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 8376
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:56 pm
Location: Virtual World

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Noah » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:31 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:This is definitely the best she's done with an Evil Goku under her belt but her Goku's gotten really, really bad one note and I can't figure out why. She had perfectly good range in Kai and BoG.
I don't think is her fault, I think it's the lines given to her to make sound Goku extremely goofy
乃亜

Dragon Ball: The Others Discussion Thread

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

User avatar
Xeztin
I Live Here
Posts: 2244
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:15 pm
Location: Toyotarō's Place

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Xeztin » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:32 pm

HeroR wrote:
Xeztin wrote:
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
Also of note, Toriyama's next Super arc will supposedly be revealed at Jump Festa this year, December 7-8.
I suppose the whole month of November will be Filler episodes right? To bridge the gap between this arc and the next.
You think the Future Trunks Saga is going to end next week?
Ah! I just seen that it was the 24th, and that the next arc is going to be revealed not take place in December. Got too excited there. The fillers will probably be in December then. :P

User avatar
Chuquita
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 15308
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2004 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Chuquita » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:48 pm

I'm up for a month of filler, I just hope there's some slice of life this time around.
On hiatus.

User avatar
Michelle91
Patreon Supporter
Posts: 15820
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:50 pm
Location: Maryland, USA

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Michelle91 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:02 pm

I wonder if the Kaioshin and God of Destruction are dead then does Zeno fade away too? I would imagine the universe be on it's own without any gods to project it.
She/Her
Profile Pic: Girl Laharl from Disgaea

User avatar
sintzu
Banned
Posts: 13583
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:41 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by sintzu » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:04 pm

I can't wait to see what this arc will be about, hopefully it'll have something to do with Hit or U6's Saiyan planet.
namekiansaiyan wrote:Piccolo, Krillin, Tien, Yamcha, Beerus, Whis, Jaco, Android 18, Buu, Goten, Trunks, maybe universe 6 characters and Vegeta.
Fixed.
Chuquita wrote:I'm up for a month of filler, I just hope there's some slice of life this time around.
I'd take 4-5 slice of life over another copy arc any day.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

User avatar
IGhostUlt
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 221
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:52 am
Location: Other World

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by IGhostUlt » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:12 pm

kinisking wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:I don't give a crap what the next arc is about, just involve more characters in big roles.

Also if I see SSB Gohan I am done with series.
*Wants more characters.
*Doesn't want ssb Gohan.
Seriously? Stop trying to act like you want more characters in DB super. The future trunks arc has made Bulma, Mai, and Trunks relevant. You just want Piccolo.
Thank you! All I see from this dude is hating on gohan. Everyone can shine except for gohan right? The same mess is happening to piccolo, but it's alright if he gets a huge role and power up and gohan doesnt? Give me a break, it's all hypocritical.

Lujin_16
Regular
Posts: 726
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:18 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Lujin_16 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:16 pm

IGhostUlt wrote:
kinisking wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:I don't give a crap what the next arc is about, just involve more characters in big roles.

Also if I see SSB Gohan I am done with series.
*Wants more characters.
*Doesn't want ssb Gohan.
Seriously? Stop trying to act like you want more characters in DB super. The future trunks arc has made Bulma, Mai, and Trunks relevant. You just want Piccolo.
Thank you! All I see from this dude is hating on gohan. Everyone can shine except for gohan right? The same mess is happening to piccolo, but it's alright if he gets a huge role and power up and gohan doesnt? Give me a break, it's all hypocritical.

Not Forget Yajirobi

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here
Posts: 2326
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:00 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:35 pm

IGhostUlt wrote:
kinisking wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:I don't give a crap what the next arc is about, just involve more characters in big roles.

Also if I see SSB Gohan I am done with series.
*Wants more characters.
*Doesn't want ssb Gohan.
Seriously? Stop trying to act like you want more characters in DB super. The future trunks arc has made Bulma, Mai, and Trunks relevant. You just want Piccolo.
Thank you! All I see from this dude is hating on gohan. Everyone can shine except for gohan right? The same mess is happening to piccolo, but it's alright if he gets a huge role and power up and gohan doesnt? Give me a break, it's all hypocritical.
FWIW it's REALLY hard to make Gohan relevant again as a fighter, If he becomes SSB he would basically be the strongest character in the universe...and he would thus be thrust into the role of main protector of Earth. I could see this upsetting a LOT of fans...especially those of Goku and Vegeta. I'm not defending that poster specifically since I have no idea what his thoughts or intentions are just throwing in my two cents.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

User avatar
IGhostUlt
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 221
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:52 am
Location: Other World

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by IGhostUlt » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:07 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote:
IGhostUlt wrote:
kinisking wrote: *Wants more characters.
*Doesn't want ssb Gohan.
Seriously? Stop trying to act like you want more characters in DB super. The future trunks arc has made Bulma, Mai, and Trunks relevant. You just want Piccolo.
Thank you! All I see from this dude is hating on gohan. Everyone can shine except for gohan right? The same mess is happening to piccolo, but it's alright if he gets a huge role and power up and gohan doesnt? Give me a break, it's all hypocritical.
FWIW it's REALLY hard to make Gohan relevant again as a fighter, If he becomes SSB he would basically be the strongest character in the universe...and he would thus be thrust into the role of main protector of Earth. I could see this upsetting a LOT of fans...especially those of Goku and Vegeta. I'm not defending that poster specifically since I have no idea what his thoughts or intentions are just throwing in my two cents.
Heres my problem with stuff like this. Why does gohan have to have ssb to be relevant in the first place? We just want him to fight again, that's it. He could only have ssj2 or ultimate for all I care. He doesn't need to be a god to be relevant again geez.
Last edited by IGhostUlt on Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Anime Kitten
I Live Here
Posts: 4275
Joined: Mon May 23, 2016 3:53 pm
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Anime Kitten » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:11 pm

Gohan... here we go again. :roll:

Well, for us that are interested in another subject, I wonder if Goku's gi or Vegeta's armor will dominate Vegetto, unless they manage to balance it out perfectly somehow.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

User avatar
IGhostUlt
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 221
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:52 am
Location: Other World

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by IGhostUlt » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:12 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:Gohan... here we go again. :roll:

Well, for us that are interested in another subject, I wonder if Goku's gi or Vegeta's armor will dominate Vegetto, unless they manage to balance it out perfectly somehow.
Well blame namekiansaiyan for bringing him up all the time lol.

User avatar
Noah
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 8376
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:56 pm
Location: Virtual World

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Noah » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:14 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:Well, for us that are interested in another subject, I wonder if Goku's gi or Vegeta's armor will dominate Vegetto, unless they manage to balance it out perfectly somehow.
I have the weird feeling that Vegetto will have the same clothes he had in Z :think:
乃亜

Dragon Ball: The Others Discussion Thread

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

User avatar
DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here
Posts: 2739
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:37 pm
Location: Texas
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:16 pm

It will probably be just Goku's dogi, with Vegeta's compression tight and vest as a base for the color palletes. Essentially, it will be blue dogi with yellow undershirt and belt and white gloves and boots.
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

User avatar
Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10315
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:22 pm
Location: Atlantis.

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:19 pm

Fusion nooooooooooo. Welp it's been expected I guess no point me crying about it lol
I also guess all the Super is gonna end talk can finally be put to rest!

Also I had a feeling the new arc would start around Jan. Post Black SoL's and another mini arc should be just enough.

User avatar
LightBing
I Live Here
Posts: 4041
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:47 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by LightBing » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:25 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:Gohan... here we go again. :roll:

Well, for us that are interested in another subject, I wonder if Goku's gi or Vegeta's armor will dominate Vegetto, unless they manage to balance it out perfectly somehow.
Original Vegetto was 80% Vegeta's clothes..., I have no idea how they'll do it. :think: They'll likely reduce the Blue because of SSJB, maybe replace the t-shirt with an armor with a deep cleavage to show Goku's "shirt".

I'm interested in Bulma's reaction to the fusion, doesn't anyone actually know in-universe it happened before, besides Old Kai, Kibitoshin, Dende and Mr. Satan?

User avatar
Chuquita
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 15308
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2004 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Chuquita » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:31 pm

Maybe the clothes will balance better this time because Gokû and Vegeta are closer? I dunno.

I'm still rooting for it to be Gogeta, but I can accept if it's Vegetto.
Sintzu wrote:
Chuquita wrote:I'm up for a month of filler, I just hope there's some slice of life this time around.
I'd take 4-5 slice of life over another copy arc any day.
I was especially disappointed in that arc because I felt like they wasted the slice of life writer on action episodes (I enjoyed most of Fukushima's slice of life stuff; that's why I couldn't understand why they were assigned an action mini-arc).


I also still kinda want a Halloween episode even though it looks likes the Gokû Black arc is going to continue through Halloween.
Last edited by Chuquita on Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
On hiatus.

User avatar
Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here
Posts: 4405
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:33 pm
Location: Salt Mines

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:34 pm

LightBing wrote:Original Vegetto was 80% Vegeta's clothes...
What? The original Vegetto was literally wearing a recolored version of Goku's dogi.
Retired.

Post Reply