"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:22 am

So after beating the game, majority of PQ's, and started a second character, I think I can list my biggest complaints about Xenoverse 2 thus far.

The story - I was let down big time even with the devs saying those who played the first game were going to be somewhat let down. Ever since the first trailer reveal I have considered the movie villain approach to be a mistake and I stand by it now. The only real movie villains that have any sort of relevance in the story were Tullece, Slug, and Cooler (and Id say I'm being generous with Cooler). The rest like Broly and Janemba served no real purpose to the plot other than being there and just...existing. We never see them interact with Towa and Mira like Tullece and Slug do. Aside from the duo, the other villains just feel tacked on. Really, really hoping Xenoverse 3 finally ditches the tried and tired Raditz - Buu formula and move onto more DBO and Heroes inspired content. Xenoverse having its own identity be damned.

Making new characters - I was surprised to see that upon making a new character, nearly everything resets. Story progress, PQ progress, training progress. Everything is pushed way back to the start with only the items, moves, and clothes carrying over from your primary playthrough. This was rather infuriating for me since I figured it would be just like Xenoverse 1 where new characters are simply dropped in the post game and can simply replay the story from the Time Nest. Having to beat Namek to fly and Cell for expert missions all over again seems really stupid to me.

The clothing stats - Somehow, I think they have gotten even worse. Many if not every single item of clothing from the first game has had it's stats altered from their Xenoverse 1 versions. The changes made to the unique Freeza Race outfits are especially frustrating as every one lowers your health stat. On a race thats described as having low health. In what way does that make sense? The QQ Bangs do nothing to help the situation either as results are entirely random which leads into a ungodly amount of trial and error hoping you get a Bang that actually helps you. Namco has made it a point to listen to fans for this game, lets all make sure we know clothing stats in their entirety need to go.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Kokos

Post by Kokos » Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:28 am

^I heard the one about making new characters. I dislike it too.
DBZAOTA482 wrote:Forgot to mention I got a hold of the game yesterday. Consider reviewing it after completing the story mode at least.

Anyone wanna stay tuned?
Would be cool. I'm still not sure whether to buy it or not, but I'm leaning towards not buying since I disliked the original Xenoverse. I love the Tenkaichi games though. Things I didn't like: No difficulty selection in versus, no starting in transformation in versus, sometimes ridiculous difficulty, hit detection, soundtrack, too easy to run away, infinite stamina and ki for CPU, ridiculous RNG and grinding. Things I liked: Co-op, character creation, some never seen before characters in the game like Eis, Jaco and SSGSS, great stage selection, great cutscenes in story mode. Do you think I could like this game?

Fresh Prince
Beyond Newbie

Post by Fresh Prince » Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:39 am

Story: To be honest, it just felt like Xenoverse 1 except random movie villains come out of nowhere with the exception of Saga Fill-In's (Zarbon, Dodoria and Imperfect Cell, Future Gohan), Ressurection F' Saga and the Final Showdown.

Character Roster: It's not bad, just missing some of the missing forms of the main villains of Z. Also I wish I could play as my Xenoverse 1 CaC after completing the story, maybe he/she will be added in a Free Update or later DLC?

After you complete the story: So many Parallel Quests and Masters to do...I just finished the story and in midst of all of this, I haven't even gone under a master besides krillin or did any parallel quests, so this is going to be fun. Once I finish that, I will replay the story as the different races to try them out. It sucks how each time you make a new character you have to replay the story mode and, how you can't fight your other CaC's using a different CaC.

desu
Beyond Newbie

Post by desu » Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:36 pm

The game has been fun so far, I'm half-way through the Namek Saga (I don't want to rush) and there are so many quests and missions to do compared to the first game :3. Sadly my graphic card sucks and the game lags in Destoyed Namek and Glacier.
SPOILERS FROM MISSIONS
[spoiler]Travelling to locaylization's like Elder Guru's house was probably the best thing. I failed the 4th mission of protecting the Dragon Balls and getting onto Freeza's ship and stealing them was fun, specially when Cooler and Frieza showed up. And other missions like doing combos or quests for Satan and deciding to be part of Zarbon or Dodoria's squads for cool too. Now i'll wait and see if I can train with Vegeta.[/spoiler]

nobody231
Not-So-Newbie

Post by nobody231 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:17 pm

desu wrote:The game has been fun so far, I'm half-way through the Namek Saga (I don't want to rush) and there are so many quests and missions to do compared to the first game :3. Sadly my graphic card sucks and the game lags in Destoyed Namek and Glacier.
SPOILERS FROM MISSIONS
[spoiler]Travelling to locaylization's like Elder Guru's house was probably the best thing. I failed the 4th mission of protecting the Dragon Balls and getting onto Freeza's ship and stealing them was fun, specially when Cooler and Frieza showed up. And other missions like doing combos or quests for Satan and deciding to be part of Zarbon or Dodoria's squads for cool too. Now i'll wait and see if I can train with Vegeta.[/spoiler]
Training with Vegeta (Capsule Corp, not the instructor) unlocks at level 30, and the second quest is at lv 40, as far as I remember. Those are the only two quests you get from Vegeta, unless if you are a Saiyan.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:19 pm

nobody231 wrote:
desu wrote:The game has been fun so far, I'm half-way through the Namek Saga (I don't want to rush) and there are so many quests and missions to do compared to the first game :3. Sadly my graphic card sucks and the game lags in Destoyed Namek and Glacier.
SPOILERS FROM MISSIONS
Training with Vegeta (Capsule Corp, not the instructor) unlocks at level 30, and the second quest is at lv 40, as far as I remember. Those are the only two quests you get from Vegeta, unless if you are a Saiyan.
You get three as a non-saiyan. One as Base Vegeta, second as SS Vegeta and third as SS2 Vegeta. I'm guessing Saiyans face him in his Blue form.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

desu
Beyond Newbie

Post by desu » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:45 pm

Kanassa wrote:
nobody231 wrote:
SPOILERS FROM MISSIONS
You get three as a non-saiyan. One as Base Vegeta, second as SS Vegeta and third as SS2 Vegeta. I'm guessing Saiyans face him in his Blue form.
That's nice, because I'm a Saiyan :D

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:48 pm

Finally got the game! :mrgreen:

Ready to dive into Xenoverse 2. :P

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:26 pm

Daaaaamn, dat looks smexy as hell!

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:48 pm

Cell is my favourite.

btw guys, according to this

you can get 100 points attributes by doing the Guru missions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sr7wymgWeiU
Kuro Tenshi

I am just a simple traveller

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:25 pm

Captain Strawberry wrote:Cell is my favourite.

More specifically you can break the 100 point barrier and raise the cap to 125. The next reward you get for doing his missions is getting a extra wish on your next Shenron summon (though its really you just get two of whatever wish you make. Moves, outfits, characters, etc.)
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:30 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:
Captain Strawberry wrote:Cell is my favourite.

More specifically you can break the 100 point barrier and raise the cap to 125. The next reward you get for doing his missions is getting a extra wish on your next Shenron summon (though its really you just get two of whatever wish you make. Moves, outfits, characters, etc.)
nice

I watched Jdantastic, apparently, if you finish the story mode, you get a z soul that is called something like 'lifting 45 tons' and it raises the point you get in PQ's. Probably double
Kuro Tenshi

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:30 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:The next reward you get for doing his missions is getting a extra wish on your next Shenron summon (though its really you just get two of whatever wish you make. Moves, outfits, characters, etc.)
Oh cool. So that's only two wishes to get the extra characters. I'll have to look into it sooner than I was planning.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:32 pm

I asked once but got no answer, maybe this time I'll be more lucky.

Does anyone know how to get Android 17's Super Electric Strike and Burter's Blue Hurricane? I've been doing Parallel Quests but so far none of them give me what I want.

Are the Super Attack and Ultimate Attack good options from Shenlong? I'd hate wasting all the time spent to gather the Dragon Balls for wishing something useless.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:32 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
KentalSSJ6 wrote:The next reward you get for doing his missions is getting a extra wish on your next Shenron summon (though its really you just get two of whatever wish you make. Moves, outfits, characters, etc.)
Oh cool. So that's only two wishes to get the extra characters. I'll have to look into it sooner than I was planning.
Speaking of wishes to get extra characters. I don't know if you know this but I heard that you get Hit by wishing for an extra character from Shenron.
Kuro Tenshi

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:37 pm

Grimlock wrote:Are the Super Attack and Ultimate Attack good options from Shenlong? I'd hate wasting all the time spent to gather the Dragon Balls for wishing something useless.
I think they're Hit's moves.
Captain Strawberry wrote:Speaking of wishes to get extra characters. I don't know if you know this but I heard that you get Hit by wishing for an extra character from Shenron.
Yeah, I have 6 Dragon Balls right now. You can get Hit, Nuova Shenron, Eis Shenron, and Omega Shenron. So, 4 wishes becomes 2 with Guru's missions.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:41 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:I think they're Hit's moves.
Interesting, to say the least. I liked his Tokitobashi and its sound effect. Maybe I'll wish them later. And do you happen to know if the clothes wished are good (regardless of stats)?
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:43 pm

Kanassa wrote:

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:46 pm

Guys. How is the SSJG Goku parralel quest now there is no super armor and better A.I? I am looking forward to this one.

I am also looking forward to the Cell one.
Kuro Tenshi