Super Animation Catalogue 2.0

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Saikyo no Senshi
Advanced Regular

Re: Super Animation Catalogue 2.0 - Episode 65

Post by Saikyo no Senshi » Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:36 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:If that is Miuma I hope he joins Shida and Otsuka as the animators called in for the big episodes.
I think Hatano brought him specifically for this episode. He must've had his contacts with him. So, yeah hopefully Miuma will show up in another crucial episode. His work on Anne Happy and PreCure is impressive, the effects in particular.
Last edited by Saikyo no Senshi on Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:38 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
JazzMazz wrote:Another potentially noteable cut (maybe)?

I apoligise for the horrible quality. I think if we trimmed out a still frame or two, it could at least go on this topics noteable cut page.(The cuts did look better in the actual epsiode)

Part 1
[img]https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HelplessCourt ... ed.gif[img]
Part two of same scene
[img]https://thumbs.gfycat.com/MellowPlumpIn ... ricted.gif[/mg]

Please consider for the noteable cuts part of this episode(I don't really expect to get onto sakugabooru though).
I think parts of it are worthy, but it would definitely need to be trimmed.
Yeah, thats what I was thinking as well, in particular that still where his charging at Zamasu.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:41 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
JazzMazz wrote:Please consider for the noteable cuts part of this episode(I don't really expect to get onto sakugabooru though).
Eh, I love Otsuka's character art, I really do, but I don't think his work was beefy enough to really consider 'notable' this time around. The same went for his work in #39, unfortunately.

I'm sure one day he'll produce something for Super that's as good as his work on other series. Kinda surprised it hasn't happened already. Oh well...
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:59 pm

Ajay wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:
JazzMazz wrote:Please consider for the noteable cuts part of this episode(I don't really expect to get onto sakugabooru though).
Eh, I love Otsuka's character art, I really do, but I don't think his work was beefy enough to really consider 'notable' this time around. The same went for his work in #39, unfortunately.

I'm sure one day he'll produce something for Super that's as good as his work on other series. Kinda surprised it hasn't happened already. Oh well...
Okay, it was still good work, though nothing as spectacular or as impressive as the previous cuts.

A Man named RJ
Beyond Newbie

Post by A Man named RJ » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:17 am

Has there been any news on a new arc after this? Perhaps we can get a much needed 1-2 cour hiatus and return with Dragon Ball Super 2
I am an Animator, Illustrator, and Voice Actor. Check out MY Animation Thesis! HERE

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:22 am

A Man named RJ wrote:Has there been any news on a new arc after this? Perhaps we can get a much needed 1-2 cour hiatus and return with Dragon Ball Super 2
No news of it stopping. Next arc is being announced December 17th/18th and if they follow the precedent set up by previous arcs that means the next arc will start late January. If these following 2ish months are simple episodes it's as close as to a break as we'll get.

JazzMazz
I Live Here

Post by JazzMazz » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:53 am

I know this seems a little impatient, but I'm just curious.

How is Ajay going to distribute the noteable cuts of this episode among its supervisors?

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:59 am

Can someone get a handful of Karasawa shots from the episode? I always have a hard time figuring out what he did.

JazzMazz
I Live Here

Post by JazzMazz » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:07 am

ArchedThunder wrote:Can someone get a handful of Karasawa shots from the episode? I always have a hard time figuring out what he did.
I think he did the majority of the close-ups during the beam struggle as well as some of the combat with Zamasu during the first half.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:44 am

Wait, is this Manabe?
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
The nose in the second shot makes me think so. Whoever it is I love the expression they manage to get out.
Last edited by ArchedThunder on Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:46 am

Anyone got that shot of when Trunks said "we'll defeat Zamasu!" before he's shown with the Genkidama behind him?

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:50 am

ryou766 wrote:Anyone got that shot of when Trunks said "we'll defeat Zamasu!" before he's shown with the Genkidama behind him?
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:51 am

ArchedThunder wrote:
ryou766 wrote:Anyone got that shot of when Trunks said "we'll defeat Zamasu!" before he's shown with the Genkidama behind him?
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Many thanks. Have an idea who's behind this shot?

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:54 am

Animation and art-wise I had no complaints with the recent episode, could it be the best animated yet?
Ajay wrote:Here's Shida's cut:
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
It's more like 60 seconds long, but the booru prefers if you cut out stills and whatnot, so I trimmed it a little.
Just noted that the Time Ring proportion increases as Zamasu's arm :D
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:56 am

ryou766 wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Linework looks like Otsuka Ken.

JazzMazz
I Live Here

Post by JazzMazz » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:57 am

ryou766 wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Thats Ken Otsuka to me. Look at dem sharp angles and thicc lines.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:20 am

I didn't even think about it, but Manabe being doubled up with another Supervisor on an upcoming post arc episode now makes a whole lot more sense now that we know he had a part in the climax.

JazzMazz
I Live Here

Post by JazzMazz » Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:22 am

ArchedThunder wrote:I didn't even think about it, but Manabe being doubled up with another Supervisor on an upcoming post arc episode now makes a whole lot more sense now that we know he had a part in the climax.
Yeah, it now makes sense to pair him up with someone else now that we know his input on the next episode might be a little rougher than usual due to the work he did here.

Teffo

Post by Teffo » Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:32 am

Someone thinks this could be Tate?
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Wezenheim
Advanced Regular

Post by Wezenheim » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:00 am

This scene has been throwing me off for a little bit now:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

The second image of Vegeta especially looks kind of like Kitano to me, but with corrections. I'm not sure if the whole scene was handled by him or not, but if it was, I think Karasawa touched up his work? *shrug*