Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by rereboy » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:16 pm

coola wrote:Didn't think Freeza would be upset about father's dad, guess family is a family, it also confirms (at least in this comic) that Body Change technique is visible. I wonder however, how Ginyu knew how to transform? He transformed before Buu unlocked their secret potential.
As Buu stated himself, Buu only gave them ideas, he didn't unlock anything. Ginyu just handles Ki better than the members of the Freeza family, which was already apparent in the original manga by him guessing Goku's power and being able to freely control his power level.

TonyTheTiger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TonyTheTiger » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:32 pm

rereboy wrote:
TonyTheTiger wrote:This is an interesting way to fix the problem with the earlier implication that Cold had a lot more power in reserve during his encounter with Trunks. Turns out that he didn't.
Actually, it doesn't fix it because Ginyu taking over Cold only happened in that universe.
No, it does. The Cold Trunks fought was the real one and now for all we know wasn't necessarily even stronger than Freeza at the time, let alone Android 16. The conclusion that he had a lot of power in reserve was based on the incorrect assumption that the Cold in DBM was the same person.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:47 pm

TonyTheTiger wrote:
rereboy wrote:
TonyTheTiger wrote:This is an interesting way to fix the problem with the earlier implication that Cold had a lot more power in reserve during his encounter with Trunks. Turns out that he didn't.
Actually, it doesn't fix it because Ginyu taking over Cold only happened in that universe.
No, it does. The Cold Trunks fought was the real one and now for all we know wasn't necessarily even stronger than Freeza at the time, let alone Android 16. The conclusion that he had a lot of power in reserve was based on the incorrect assumption that the Cold in DBM was the same person.
Check, for example, the specials about Gast where he fights Freeza, Coola and Cold. Cold in his original form is quite clearly stronger than his sons and he is not Ginyu.

With Ginyu in his body, "Cold" became even stronger, achieving the same transformation that Coola had and another one on top of that, but Cold in his original form without Ginyu was already stronger than his sons.

Of course, if we ignore all the specials and every comment that the authors made about the issue, we can argue that in DBM itself there's none of that and we can give Ginyu all the credit for Cold being stronger than his sons, but clearly that wasn't the intent.

TonyTheTiger

Post by TonyTheTiger » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:25 pm

Eh, that special isn't super explicit about it. And author commentary is dicta at best. It seems like there was a deliberate attempt at rationalizing Cold's power beyond his appearance in DBZ. Otherwise that "Ginyu was an expert fighter" line wouldn't be necessary.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:37 pm

Bansho64 wrote:Well, R.I.P Ginyu. That look that Vegetto's got scared the black off my skin.
I don't think Vegetto could force Ginyu in Bra's body to change it back, he could still pull the card "would you kill me in your daughter body?"
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:43 pm

Noah wrote: I don't think Vegetto could force Ginyu in Bra's body to change it back, he could still pull the card "would you kill me in your daughter body?"
He could do that. Knowing him, he probably had something planned if such an event like this were to occur

I'm personally rooting for Ginyu, screw Bra, but things aren't looking too good for our resident body snatcher. But, in the end, he's the one that's got the body currently.

TonyTheTiger

Post by TonyTheTiger » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:53 pm

I think it's safe to say that Ginyu is going to swap with Vegetto which would explain Bardock's visions. The bigger question is how Bra gets back in her own body. Maybe we'll have a Futurama scenario where everyone gets swapped around. :D

SSJFutureTrunks
Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJFutureTrunks » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:51 am

Ginyu vs. Vegito anyone? Don't see any other scenario except maybe Ginyu switching bodies with him.

AquaTeamV3

Post by AquaTeamV3 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:59 am

rereboy wrote:
TonyTheTiger wrote:
rereboy wrote:
Check, for example, the specials about Gast where he fights Freeza, Coola and Cold. Cold in his original form is quite clearly stronger than his sons and he is not Ginyu.

With Ginyu in his body, "Cold" became even stronger, achieving the same transformation that Coola had and another one on top of that, but Cold in his original form without Ginyu was already stronger than his sons.
The difference is that Cold had no control over his original form; he was prone to going berserk in the Gast special, and it's implied that U8 Cold had the same issue. With Ginyu as the 'pilot', Cold doesn't have this issue anymore.

The question of whether Cold had this much power in the canon universe is moot since Trunks killed him before he had a chance to really do anything.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:56 am

AquaTeamV3 wrote: The difference is that Cold had no control over his original form; he was prone to going berserk in the Gast special, and it's implied that U8 Cold had the same issue. With Ginyu as the 'pilot', Cold doesn't have this issue anymore.

The question of whether Cold had this much power in the canon universe is moot since Trunks killed him before he had a chance to really do anything.
In the original manga, nothing suggests that Cold was significantly stronger than Freeza, so, we can easily understand why he didn't try to power up and instead tried to make Trunks lose an advantage while gaining himself an advantage (the sword), expecting, due to his arrogance, that he could win with that.

However, if we are to assume that Cold was actually significantly stronger than Freeza, the fact that he didn't even try to power up is, at the very least, very strange, because, no matter how we look at it, it would be better for him to transform than simply having Trunk's sword.

And not having perfect control over his original form shouldn't stop him because he can survive in space even if he destroys the planet. In fact, its stated in DBM that Cold destroyed the planet he was on when he had Freeza and obviously he was still fine.

So, not really moot.

FreddleFrooby
Not-So-Newbie

Post by FreddleFrooby » Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:44 pm

Alright, I finally finished catching up with this thing over the week.

I liked it so far, mostly!

Yeah, the whole Broli thing DID feel like a fanwank, but I think it was well explained in regard to this comic's continuity, personally. Bra's been annoying, I guess? I just don't LOATHE her, or love her.

Character designs have been GREAT. Even Cold's Fifth and Sixth forms (in my opinion). Some of the ABSOLUTE best designs were the Ghost Warrior Saiyans, the Helior guys, and Krillin-sennin.

Also, reading from the start to today's pages might've helped the pacing.
Vegeta: How?! How are you so much more powerful than me?!
Goku Black: Because Vegeta, a rose by any other name.... is still Goku.

SSJFutureTrunks
Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJFutureTrunks » Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:48 pm

As we saw back in the flashback, Freeza killed Ginyu, which makes me wonder how he pulled off the swap with Cold. I'm just gonna assume he was extremely close to death, and now the real Cold is dead.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:07 pm

SSJFutureTrunks wrote:As we saw back in the flashback, Freeza killed Ginyu, which makes me wonder how he pulled off the swap with Cold. I'm just gonna assume he was extremely close to death, and now the real Cold is dead.
We saw Ginyu opening his eye.

SSJFutureTrunks
Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJFutureTrunks » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:31 pm

Ah, missed that detail lol.

As for Ginyu, he had much better control over Cold's body than Cold did himself, which is because he's an "expert fighter", so I don't see why he won't be able to use SSJ in Bra's body to a better effect. Really waiting to see how this one plays out.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:36 pm

I've always liked Captain Ginyu.

SSJFutureTrunks
Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJFutureTrunks » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:37 pm

What a clever bastard.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:03 pm

Would be funny, if they pulled out Darkstar from Duck Dodgers (2003) and say to keep her/him like this, since this Bra is much nicer than old Bra :D
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:12 pm

Damn, Bra has killer legs.

That pose is definitely Ginyu :lol:

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:20 pm

FoolsGil wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
"Of course not. I'm Son Bra! Stop calling me Bra..."

Er... What?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:20 pm

Marco Polo wrote:Damn, Bra has killer legs.

That pose is definitely Ginyu :lol:
It kinda remind me of Semi Perfect Cell :)
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015