"Dragon Ball Fusions" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball Fusions" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:14 pm

Didn't even occur to me, but can you choose your character's base outfit at all in this game? Or is it just the default one of whatever race you make?
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:59 pm

So what's the big difference between power, speed, and technique? So far Speed seems much better for my saiyan as power is waaaay too slow. Damage seems the same too. How does technique compare?
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:05 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:So what's the big difference between power, speed, and technique? So far Speed seems much better for my saiyan as power is waaaay too slow. Damage seems the same too. How does technique compare?
Power deals more damage to Technique, which deals more damage to Speed which, in turn, deals more damage to Power. They also differ in how you shoot ki blasts.
Gyt Kaliba wrote:Didn't even occur to me, but can you choose your character's base outfit at all in this game? Or is it just the default one of whatever race you make?
The base outfits are the default ones. You can choose their color scheme and later can change it for others.
Last edited by alakazam^ on Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:08 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:Didn't even occur to me, but can you choose your character's base outfit at all in this game? Or is it just the default one of whatever race you make?
No and yes. You're stuck with whatever your Race and gender's default clothes are. However, it isn't long before you can change your clothes to any of the other default ones. You can also buy outfits of characters you've unlocked. Everything can be recolored.

Does anyone know how to take screenshots?
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:50 pm

alakazam^ wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:So what's the big difference between power, speed, and technique? So far Speed seems much better for my saiyan as power is waaaay too slow. Damage seems the same too. How does technique compare?
Power deals more damage to Technique, which deals more damage to Speed which, in turn, deals more damage to Power. They also differ in how you shoot ki blasts.
I mean stat wise as if it's just that, then there's no reason to go off of speed. With speed I can move a lot faster and seemingly have the same attack stats. With power, my character was really slow and was constantly overtaken on the timeline.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:55 pm

Oh sweet. I wasn't sure if you could change any outfits at all, much less colors, so glad to see that's included too.
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:17 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:I mean stat wise as if it's just that, then there's no reason to go off of speed. With speed I can move a lot faster and seemingly have the same attack stats. With power, my character was really slow and was constantly overtaken on the timeline.
As far as I know there's no difference, even the TIPS inside the ship only talk about their three-way relationship. It seems race, passive skills and ammount of HP is what decides the attack turn.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:29 pm

I don't particularly mind Power's slowness, as the rest of the team has me covered. I have to say, though, I was surprised to see certain NPCs, namely King Kai and Tights.
MyAnimeList | AniList

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:30 pm

alakazam^ wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:I mean stat wise as if it's just that, then there's no reason to go off of speed. With speed I can move a lot faster and seemingly have the same attack stats. With power, my character was really slow and was constantly overtaken on the timeline.
As far as I know there's no difference, even the TIPS inside the ship only talk about their three-way relationship. It seems race, passive skills and ammount of HP is what decides the attack turn.
That's odd. Cause there is a secret speed stat. For example for Saiyans they have 2 speed and the speed class gives an extra 5 points in speed. So when I first tried out power, I had 3 speed total, which made me super slow. With the speed class I move pretty fast and still hit hard. Seems like really the only option to go with if you pick a slow class, unless you use speed up buffs. But why waste em when you can just start off faster with no sacrifice in power?

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:22 am

Hate to double post, but the edit button is gone for me, for some reason.

Anyways doing Tenshinhan's mission to recruit him, and it's just ass that if you screw up the requirement, anyone who died gets full health again. That's just a load of shit. It's just stupid annoyance. Would have been better if they got back a little health, or at least remained at one health like in Xenoverse 2.

Neon Z
Advanced Regular

Post by Neon Z » Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:22 am

dbzfan7 wrote:Hate to double post, but the edit button is gone for me, for some reason.

Anyways doing Tenshinhan's mission to recruit him, and it's just ass that if you screw up the requirement, anyone who died gets full health again. That's just a load of shit. It's just stupid annoyance. Would have been better if they got back a little health, or at least remained at one health like in Xenoverse 2.
Finish that mission by using an Ultra Fusion. The Tenshinhans seem to take a lot of damage from attacks so killing them all is easy as long as they're all in range.

Chelentano
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Chelentano » Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:29 am

Anime Kitten wrote:
Gyt Kaliba wrote:Does anyone know how to take screenshots?
Suspend your game with the "home" button. Then Y+Up captures the upper screen, Y+Right captures both screens and Y+Down captures lower screen. Apparently this works only in a few games.

Another method is to suspend your game with "home" button, go to Miiverse and then post your current screen or save it in your gallery. You can access Miiverse from your computer later and save your image if you want. But I think this only works with the upper screen, though.
Steam profile: psn_chelentano
Xenoverse 2 characters: Rugal (female Saiyan), Salacadula (male Majin), Sleet (Freezer race)

Thanos6
Advanced Regular

Post by Thanos6 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:31 am

Xyex wrote:Downloaded it last night, played some this morning, absolutely love it. This is just the sort of Dragon Ball game I've been waiting for. Though I made myself kind of hungry while coming up with my CAC's name, lol. Gotta stuck to those Dragon Ball food puns!
Since I'm going with the idea of my CAC as Trunks and Goten's son, his name is Son Cotten Briefs, lol.
Chelentano wrote:
Anime Kitten wrote:
Gyt Kaliba wrote:Does anyone know how to take screenshots?
Suspend your game with the "home" button. Then Y+Up captures the upper screen, Y+Right captures both screens and Y+Down captures lower screen. Apparently this works only in a few games.

Another method is to suspend your game with "home" button, go to Miiverse and then post your current screen or save it in your gallery. You can access Miiverse from your computer later and save your image if you want. But I think this only works with the upper screen, though.
Yeah, I tried the suspend plus Y method to get the upper screen, but it wouldn't let me, so I had to use the Miiverse option.
Last edited by Thanos6 on Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trunks & Goten forever

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:32 am

I really enjoy battling in this game! Keeping enemies from getting their turn and volleying them between your team is satisfyingly addictive. I'm liking this more than Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 and I'm not even that far in the game. :lol: The story is unbelievably charming, too.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:19 am

Chelentano wrote:Another method is to suspend your game with "home" button, go to Miiverse and then post your current screen or save it in your gallery. You can access Miiverse from your computer later and save your image if you want. But I think this only works with the upper screen, though.
Thank you! I'll give it a try! :thumbup:
Nejishiki wrote:Keeping enemies from getting their turn and volleying them between your team is satisfyingly addictive.
I completely agree. Though I'm trying not to enjoy it too much because I'll get the burn later in the game. :lol:
MyAnimeList | AniList

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:27 pm

One of the things I enjoy the most is flying around the stages, it feels very real. I also like wavy SS3 hair.

The game does get boring later on but it depends on what your playing style is and nothing that a little pause does not fix. Finding characters in the rifts is hell, though.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:06 pm

Well, guess now's as good a time as ever! Here's my custom:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Would love to see you guys' as well. :P
MyAnimeList | AniList

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:28 pm

Thanos6 wrote:
Xyex wrote:Downloaded it last night, played some this morning, absolutely love it. This is just the sort of Dragon Ball game I've been waiting for. Though I made myself kind of hungry while coming up with my CAC's name, lol. Gotta stuck to those Dragon Ball food puns!
Since I'm going with the idea of my CAC as Trunks and Goten's son,
Why am I not surprised? :lol:
Thanos6 wrote:his name is Son Cotten Briefs, lol.
Awesome pun, though. Love it! And honestly, I'd thought about doing something like that. Either creating new character related to series characters, or trying to make one of my (numerous) OCs... in the end, though, I ended up just making something I kind of liked and went with it. A little disapointed there's only a single save slot so I can't make multiples, and will have to overwrite this one to start a new game.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:29 pm

...Is that a tail I see on her? Can the custom Saiyans in this actually have tails? If so, sweet!
Twitter

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:55 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:...Is that a tail I see on her? Can the custom Saiyans in this actually have tails? If so, sweet!
Indeed it is! The Saiyans automatically have tails, which can be good or bad depending on the character being portrayed. This is just another version of my Xenoverse 2 character, so it's excusable. :D

Can you really only make one character, though? Shame... :(
MyAnimeList | AniList