"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

HEDGESMFG

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by HEDGESMFG » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:21 am

SaiyanGod117 wrote:
Grimlock wrote:Is that Goku's next visual from the next episode!? :lol: :lol: :lol: What the hell! :crazy: How/what the hell Goku did to make his hair like that!? :lol: Damn, Dragon Ball Evolution is real! :lol:

Now I want to see how he looks like as a Super Saiyan with that hair! :roll:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Damn, aye Goku looking spiffy lol I gotta get a screen capture for that when the episode airs that's gonna be my avatar, dang he for real cleaned up.

I'll just leave this here...

nite_jay
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by nite_jay » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:23 am

HEDGESMFG wrote:
SaiyanGod117 wrote:
Grimlock wrote:Is that Goku's next visual from the next episode!? :lol: :lol: :lol: What the hell! :crazy: How/what the hell Goku did to make his hair like that!? :lol: Damn, Dragon Ball Evolution is real! :lol:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Damn, aye Goku looking spiffy lol I gotta get a screen capture for that when the episode airs that's gonna be my avatar, dang he for real cleaned up.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

I'll just leave this here...
I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thought this. :lol:

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:35 am

Gokû's hair. :lol:
That's funny; still not as funny as the time he and Vegeta had matching beards, but that's still funny.

I've never been a fan of suits, but at least blue/red is better than that awful beige/lavender suit he wore in Movie 8.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Beerus-sama
Advanced Regular

Post by Beerus-sama » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:55 am

That hairstyle :lol: :lol: :lol:
That must be a strong hair gel :P
I wonder how much will that outfit will last before he start fighting Arale. :think: He was already in normal gi and haircut when they met her :think:
Will Beerus have a suit as well? :think: I hope so, he did looked upset in the NEP :mrgreen:
Sleeping until the tournament is over.

Araki
Advanced Regular

Post by Araki » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:03 am

ArchedThunder wrote:Goten and Gohan won't be in this episode.
https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/804538551073280000
You know, maybe that's part of the reason why Goten was absent for almost the entire FT arc, or even why Gohan isn't getting a bigger role. Voicing Goku alone, with his energetic way, the battle screams and all, must be more work for Ms. Nozawa these days than we think...let alone voicing 4 characters in the same arc.

SaiyanGod117
Advanced Regular

Post by SaiyanGod117 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:32 am

Araki wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:Goten and Gohan won't be in this episode.
https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/804538551073280000
You know, maybe that's part of the reason why Goten was absent for almost the entire FT arc, or even why Gohan isn't getting a bigger role. Voicing Goku alone, with his energetic way, the battle screams and all, must be more work for Ms. Nozawa these days than we think...let alone voicing 4 characters in the same arc.
Ya, I think for these filler episodes they should lessen the focus on Goku.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:35 am

Araki wrote: You know, maybe that's part of the reason why Goten was absent for almost the entire FT arc, or even why Gohan isn't getting a bigger role. Voicing Goku alone, with his energetic way, the battle screams and all, must be more work for Ms. Nozawa these days than we think...let alone voicing 4 characters in the same arc.
I wonder if they'd be willing to recast Goten and maybe even Gohan to lessen the strain on Nozawa, if that is really an issue and it's not just her wanting a quick breather from doing multiple characters before the next arc.

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:53 am

I saw Goku's super waxed hairdo and I just died twice. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Scarlet Spider
Beyond Newbie

Post by Scarlet Spider » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:23 am

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Jesus, at glance I thought I was looking at Gohan. :shock:
ArchedThunder wrote:
Araki wrote: You know, maybe that's part of the reason why Goten was absent for almost the entire FT arc, or even why Gohan isn't getting a bigger role. Voicing Goku alone, with his energetic way, the battle screams and all, must be more work for Ms. Nozawa these days than we think...let alone voicing 4 characters in the same arc.
I wonder if they'd be willing to recast Goten and maybe even Gohan to lessen the strain on Nozawa, if that is really an issue and it's not just her wanting a quick breather from doing multiple characters before the next arc.
I wish this had happened.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:53 am

Hey sweet Gohan is back! Oh .. wait... That's just goku with his hair... Gelled up? It's gotta be something pretty strong to keep his hair like that :shock:
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

HECTOR4
Regular

Post by HECTOR4 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:09 am

Toei Animation, the Dr. Slump's characters also grow! U.U

The Dr. Slump characters ten years (more or less) after the events in Dragon Ball:

Azelf89
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Azelf89 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:34 am

ArchedThunder wrote:The doctor Slump cast too
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
And people thought Goten and Trunks not aging was bad.
Wow! Just seeing the Dr. Slump cast drawn like that is just making my hype levels for this episode go through the roof (especially since I'm a major Dr. Slump fan, so seeing these designs is making me extra giddy)! And seeing Dr. Mashirito there basically answers what I was curious about before. It IS the original Mashirito, just now he's a ghost, stil causing trouble from beyond the grave. That. Is. Fucking. Hilarious.

Also (and this is something only I would care about), I just noticed that Akane's hair in that picture is blond. Why would I even care to mention this? Because in the manga, her hair shifted between blond and orange (with the former being the one used in the Dragon Ball crossover in the manga), then in the anime it shifted between a dark gold and a light orange shade, then when the Kanzenban editions of the manga came out the orange hair color was used for Akane's appearance on the covers and on the official website, and now this.

Yeah I know it's an incredibly small thing to worry about, and I'll definitely not lose sleep over it. But for gods sake, just choose one hair color and stick with it already.

HECTOR4
Regular

Post by HECTOR4 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:48 am

Azelf89 wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:The doctor Slump cast too
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
And people thought Goten and Trunks not aging was bad.
Wow! Just seeing the Dr. Slump cast drawn like that is just making my hype levels for this episode go through the roof (especially since I'm a major Dr. Slump fan, so seeing these designs is making me extra giddy)!
Those designs are incoherent. It's impossible that the characters have not grown anything in more than thirty years. It's impossible for Turbo to remain a baby.

I'm a fan of Dr. Slump as well, but this is a sample of the little affection and care that has Toei Animation with the details. They have not taken care of anything and have not bothered or dared to create new designs for the characters, which is what they should have done. And yes, Dr. Slump it's an absurd humor comic, but in that world, despite the absurd, everything evolved and the characters grew. It was one of its main characteristics.

So no, they are not good designs. Are good designs for the Red Ribbon saga, but not for thirty years later. I hope they at least mention in history that they are still young because they have traveled from the past with Turbo's time machine. It would be a way to save a little the coherence.
Last edited by HECTOR4 on Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:54 am

I don't think this episode is supposed to be canon to Dr. Slump. Treat it like the One Piece X Toriko X Dragon Ball special.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:57 am

ArchedThunder wrote:I don't think this episode is supposed to be canon to Dr. Slump. Treat it like the One Piece X Toriko X Dragon Ball special.
About that.. was that crossover official creation or was it fan made?
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:59 am

ArchedThunder wrote:I don't think this episode is supposed to be canon to Dr. Slump. Treat it like the One Piece X Toriko X Dragon Ball special.
I agree with this. I think this episode is supposed to be a stealth-special of sorts. Like they wanna do another Dr. Slump crossover before Arale's voice actress retires for good. They released way more info about it; promoted it like a special instead of just another filler episode, and even gave Gokû and Vegeta episode-exclusive designs.

Also; I appreciate the Phoenix Wright nod with the suit character designs, but it feels a little late imo. Like I would've loved seeing a shoutout to Ace Attorney back when the first 3 games in the series were released, but now it just feels weirdly belated imo. Now I see it and I'm like "Yup. I remember Ace Attorney. I enjoyed those games, but I haven't really thought about that franchise in several years."
Last edited by Chuquita on Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

HECTOR4
Regular

Post by HECTOR4 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:00 am

No, but is canon to Dragon Ball, and in Dragon Ball Arale and the other characters appeared more than thirty years ago. And in one of the synopsis for the chapter it is said that this is a reunion, that is, the previous meeting took place.
Chuquita wrote:
I agree with this. I think this episode is supposed to be a stealth-special of sorts.
No,they are presented this chapter like a continuation of the first meeting between Goku and Arale.
Last edited by HECTOR4 on Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:08 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
About that.. was that crossover official creation or was it fan made?

It was an official thing. I forget for what. An anniversary I think?

I believe there was also one before this with just One piece and Toriko.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

HECTOR4
Regular

Post by HECTOR4 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:13 am

Boo Machine wrote:
It's not the same. Penguin Village, Arale and the other characters are part of the Dragon World, a consistent part, as much as Hatchan or Snow. And they appeared in history with an important role (defeating Blue)...more than thirty years ago. Arale and the others are characters in Dragon Ball.

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:16 am

HECTOR4 wrote:
Boo Machine wrote:
It's not the same. Penguin Village, Arale and the other characters are part of the Dragon World, a consistent part, as much as Hatchan or Snow. And they appeared in history with an important role (defeating Blue)...more than thirty years ago. Arale and the others are characters in Dragon Ball.

That's cool.

I was answering the question about the DragonBallx One piece X Toriko cross over special and if it was official or fan made.

At least I think that's what the question was about. I'm not super sure anymore.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.