"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.
User avatar
Kagari
OMG CRAZY REGEN
Posts: 929
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:11 pm
Location: United States
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Kagari » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:40 am

This is a good day. This is what I wanted to see from Super for a while now... Really excited about the cast lineup here.

User avatar
Majin Jator
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 253
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:35 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Majin Jator » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:40 am

I doubt this is the multiverse tournament, mostly because of the word "survival". Is Zeno going to destroy all the universes except the winner? Unlikely. Is going to destroy only the last one? We know Universe 7 will never score that low, no drama there. And that many contestants..nah, not gonna happen.
A war between two universes sound more likely, and IMO more promising. At the very least most of the cast could be shown kicking the butt of some mooks like in the best part of "Resurrection of F".

User avatar
Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...
Posts: 1784
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Zamasu55 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:41 am

Is it official then?

User avatar
kinisking
I Live Here
Posts: 4987
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:21 pm
Location: United States.

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by kinisking » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:42 am

Kagari wrote:This is a good day. This is what I wanted to see from Super for a while now... Really excited about the cast lineup here.
The hype is too strong for us Gohan fans. :lol:
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Alee9977
OMG CRAZY REGEN
Posts: 769
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:53 pm
Location: Mexico

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Alee9977 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:42 am

I'm sure this arc will start really slow if the manga is going to surpass it soon according to Toyotaro.

Legion
Regular
Posts: 644
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:31 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Legion » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:44 am

I'm curious to see who is the new villain! :o

User avatar
SansrivaaL
I Live Here
Posts: 3757
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:29 pm
Location: Earth

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by SansrivaaL » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:45 am

kinisking wrote:
Kagari wrote:This is a good day. This is what I wanted to see from Super for a while now... Really excited about the cast lineup here.
The hype is too strong for us Gohan fans. :lol:
Yes, yes it is, today is a good day for us my friend :lol: hopefully it continues, I can already feel that 2017 is gonna be an awesome year.

User avatar
Kagari
OMG CRAZY REGEN
Posts: 929
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:11 pm
Location: United States
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Kagari » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:45 am

kinisking wrote:
Kagari wrote:This is a good day. This is what I wanted to see from Super for a while now... Really excited about the cast lineup here.
The hype is too strong for us Gohan fans. :lol:
I never stopped believing!

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1191
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:44 am
Location: Midlands, UK

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by DBZ_Lee » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:50 am

Man. All the Z Fighters are suited up and ready to go. This Arc needs to be awesome!. Gohan and Tien!! I doubt the Multiverse Tournament or whatever this ends up being will be the final Arc.
Not while the Series has only just gone International, and the merchandise sales are so strong.

Unless of course, Toriyama Sensei has had enough already.

Lujin_16
Regular
Posts: 726
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:18 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Lujin_16 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:51 am

Legion wrote:I'm curious to see who is the new villain! :o
I hope a great villain just like Black Goku/Zamasu

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5745
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:16 pm
Location: Mt. Paozu

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Dbzfan94 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:51 am

Yomi wrote:17 is still a sexy beast. Even when he's blurry.
What the heck is going on with Gohan, I remember telling a fan 2 weeks ago to "let it go"
when they said Gohan was coming back. I feel so dumb now : (

Image
Who's arm is that.... I wonder, could be so many people. I'll have to study that arm for a while to figure it out.
It's obviously Cell's arm. Duh. :lol:

User avatar
SansrivaaL
I Live Here
Posts: 3757
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:29 pm
Location: Earth

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by SansrivaaL » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:53 am

Dbzfan94 wrote:
Yomi wrote:17 is still a sexy beast. Even when he's blurry.
What the heck is going on with Gohan, I remember telling a fan 2 weeks ago to "let it go"
when they said Gohan was coming back. I feel so dumb now : (

Image
Who's arm is that.... I wonder, could be so many people. I'll have to study that arm for a while to figure it out.
It's obviously Cell's arm. Duh. :lol:
Nah, thats definitely Dende, they grow up so fast.

User avatar
Draconic
I Live Here
Posts: 2096
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:44 pm
Location: Romania

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Draconic » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:54 am

They should have put Gohan in Goku's old Gi and had Goku wear his 'F' clothes, that way you get the best of both worlds. Would have really liked some new designs, though... However, if this is the tournament or a war or whatever, there's bound to be a ton of new characters so I guess I understand why other than 17 everybody is the same.

Can't wait for the announcement to see what this is all about :D Three more days :crazy:
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1191
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:44 am
Location: Midlands, UK

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by DBZ_Lee » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:56 am

Well, Jump Festa is this weekend I believe, so I assume more details will be disclosed about the upcoming Arc.
If there's no mention of this being the end, then I think it's safe to assume they'll continue until the merchandise sales plunge.

User avatar
omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...
Posts: 1969
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:27 pm
Location: Western Canada

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by omaro34 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:59 am

SansrivaaL wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:
Yomi wrote:17 is still a sexy beast. Even when he's blurry.
What the heck is going on with Gohan, I remember telling a fan 2 weeks ago to "let it go"
when they said Gohan was coming back. I feel so dumb now : (

Image
Who's arm is that.... I wonder, could be so many people. I'll have to study that arm for a while to figure it out.
It's obviously Cell's arm. Duh. :lol:
Nah, thats definitely Dende, they grow up so fast.
Dende has a cape?
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

Lujin_16
Regular
Posts: 726
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:18 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Lujin_16 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:01 am

I think it is to soon for an 12 universe tournament they will lose for sure i mean if Goku has lost against Hit than yo can not imagine how strong the others
are in 12 universes...It has to be a another arc but if this is the 12 universe tournament arc than they will lose for sure

Legion
Regular
Posts: 644
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:31 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Legion » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:02 am

I hope that it's not the tournament....it's too early...

User avatar
Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN
Posts: 801
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:33 pm
Location: Portugal

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Gafonso6 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:03 am

omaro34 wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:
It's obviously Cell's arm. Duh. :lol:
Nah, thats definitely Dende, they grow up so fast.
Dende has a cape?
Now he has xD And Dende is obviously trying to reach Gohan's hand.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

User avatar
kinisking
I Live Here
Posts: 4987
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:21 pm
Location: United States.

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by kinisking » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:07 am

Gafonso6 wrote:
omaro34 wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:
Nah, thats definitely Dende, they grow up so fast.
Dende has a cape?
Now he has xD And Dende is obviously trying to reach Gohan's hand.
What are you talking about? That's Yamcha :P
SansrivaaL wrote: Yes, yes it is, today is a good day for us my friend :lol: hopefully it continues, I can already feel that 2017 is gonna be an awesome year.
Interesting, I always took you for a Goku fan :lol: This arc is going to be amazing. What's even better is that the manga will be ahead so we'll know what's happening before February.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

User avatar
Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6572
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:15 am
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Ki Breaker » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:10 am

omaro34 wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:
It's obviously Cell's arm. Duh. :lol:
Nah, thats definitely Dende, they grow up so fast.
Dende has a cape?
What? Can you guys not see?
That's totally Saitama over there, we are getting a crossover
kinisking wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote: Yes, yes it is, today is a good day for us my friend :lol: hopefully it continues, I can already feel that 2017 is gonna be an awesome year.
Interesting, I always took you for a Goku fan :lol: This arc is going to be amazing. What's even better is that the manga will be ahead so we'll know what's happening before February.
May I join the hype train with you guys :lol:
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Post Reply