"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Doctor.
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Doctor. » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:02 pm

At this point, I think I'm convinced that they could go to the lengths of bringing Cell back and include Gohan in the poster of the arc, and then the arc would all be about Goku and Cell's relationship, whilst Cell would completely ignore Gohan's existence.

Neon Z
Advanced Regular

Post by Neon Z » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:04 pm

I wonder if Roshi getting an active role here will finally get him added to the games? It's weird how all games covering RoF content seem to be ignoring Roshi - neither Xenoverse 2 nor Fusions bothered adding him.
Last edited by Neon Z on Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:04 pm

Gohan is in his orange gi and his Buu saga ultimate look, rather than the lame green tracksuit he wore in the Freeza movie, and people think Gohan isn't going to get his moment of glory this time? On top of all the hints they dropped about Gohan recently and Toei being well aware people want to see him in the action again?

dragonballhero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonballhero » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:04 pm

I really do hope to see Goten, Trunks, Yamcha, and Chiaotzu joining them.

I mean, Goku, Gohan, and Vegeta WITHOUT Goten and Trunks in that pic is going to feel all kinds of weird to me.

Also, with Yamcha (gradually) getting more and more street cred and overall respect back, I feel like it would be one hell of a waste to have MASTER ROSHI of all people be there, and not him. Heck, it's still one of the things that truly pissed me off about ROF.

With Tien getting involved, I can't help but feel that similar to Yamcha, Chiaotzu just HAS to be there. Also, I was VERY ticked off at Chiaotzu not taking part in ROF as well.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:04 pm

Scarlet Spider wrote:I want Goten and Trunks to be taller in this. I want them to be Cell games Gohan height. Keep their designs the same, I don't care, just make them taller. Please. :crazy:
How crazy would it be if they were cropped out the picture because the leaker wanted everyone to be surprised when the full picture shows that they've aged!? It'd probably make a bigger impact than Gohan and A17 being shown in the promo pic.
Doctor. wrote:At this point, I think I'm convinced that they could go to the lengths of bringing Cell back and include Gohan in the poster of the arc, and then the arc would all be about Goku and Cell's relationship, whilst Cell would completely ignore Gohan's existence.
Before the FT arc I totally wouldn't have been surprised. Cell would probably even mention that he came back for revenge against Goku because he beat him last time.
Last edited by kinisking on Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

nite_jay
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by nite_jay » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:07 pm

Scarlet Spider wrote:I want Goten and Trunks to be taller in this. I want them to be Cell games Gohan height. Keep their designs the same, I don't care, just make them taller. Please. :crazy:

They'll probably make them grow closer to Goku than Gohan. Hopefully that means they'll just age up at around 15 or 16.

Scarlet Spider
Beyond Newbie

Post by Scarlet Spider » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:08 pm

kinisking wrote:
How crazy would it be if they were cropped out the picture because the leaker wanted everyone to be surprised when the full picture shows that they've aged!? It'd probably make a bigger impact than Gohan and A17 being shown in the promo pic.
The absolute madmen.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:10 pm

Doctor. wrote:At this point, I think I'm convinced that they could go to the lengths of bringing Cell back and include Gohan in the poster of the arc, and then the arc would all be about Goku and Cell's relationship, whilst Cell would completely ignore Gohan's existence.
I am totally convinced if Cell ever came back he'd not give as much of a shit about Gohan and would all be about Goku. Hell I am convinced that if the Cell arc was ever changed or redone, Gohan would never have been the one to kill Cell and it'd have been Goku or maybe Trunks (Which to be honest the latter wouldn't have been a bad choice)
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:11 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:
I am totally convinced if Cell ever came back he'd not give as much of a shit about Gohan and would all be about Goku. Hell I am convinced that if the Cell arc was ever changed or redone, Gohan would never have been the one to kill Cell and it'd have been Goku or maybe Trunks (Which to be honest the latter wouldn't have been a bad choice)
If it was changed, I'd rather have Vegeta be the one to win after Trunks' death.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:12 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:
Well, it's not like Gohan actually did anything prior to the Cell Games, so changing the one who beats Cell wouldn't be a bad choice.

Yedis
Beyond Newbie

Post by Yedis » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:12 pm

According to Herms the words "take the field" and "team" are in the the leaked photo

so it might be a tournament arc.

Lujin_16
Regular

Post by Lujin_16 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:19 pm

Yedis wrote:According to Herms the words "take the field" and "team" are in the the leaked photo

10 vs 10 team battle but without rules i think

Yamcha upset fan

Post by Yamcha upset fan » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:20 pm

Seams confirmed Yamcha wont be in this arch.

I'm so sad. :(
whut? I dont speak pain

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:21 pm

precita wrote:Piccolo is the most iconic character in DBZ outside the Saiyans. People are crazy to expect him to sit out forever.
For people who hardly know Dragon ball, Vegeta and Piccolo are the most iconic as they get Goku and Gohan mixed up.

But for fans its usually Goku, Vegeta, Gohan Future Trunks and Piccolo not Goten and Trunks.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:25 pm

Yamcha upset fan wrote:Seams confirmed Yamcha wont be in this arch.

Who confirmed that?

Yamcha upset fan

Post by Yamcha upset fan » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:28 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Yamcha upset fan wrote:Seams confirmed Yamcha wont be in this arch.

Who confirmed that?
No one. I just read above that it was a 10 team, and made the numbers. 17, 18, roshi, krillin, tien, vegetta, goku, gohan, boo and Piccolo
whut? I dont speak pain

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:29 pm

Lujin_16 wrote:
Yedis wrote:According to Herms the words "take the field" and "team" are in the the leaked photo

10 vs 10 team battle but without rules i think
If that happened it would be the best dragon ball thing ever. If it is a battle royale it would be so crazy and it would be like Fairy tail's Grand magic games but 4 times the amount of people. The fighting combinations between characters would be great along with the general interactions.

Neon Z
Advanced Regular

Post by Neon Z » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:31 pm

Here's my guess - a big team based survival game taking place in some distant planet - each universe represented by a team of 10 warriors. We'll only actually see the warriors that the U7 team meets though, which would save Toriyama from making designs for all of them. There also could be various minor matches against opponents that Toriyama won't even bother designing (and will just take place off screen in the manga) - that will allow the anime to add extra battles and enemies, slowing down a lot compared to the manga. So, the manga would stay ahead this time like Toyotaro said.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:37 pm

Neon Z wrote:

Here's my guess - a big team based survival game taking place in some distant planet - each universe represented by a team of 10 warriors. We'll only actually see the warriors that the U7 team meets though, which would save Toriyama from making designs for all of them. There also could be various minor matches against opponents that Toriyama won't even bother designing (and will be just take place off screen in the manga) - that will allow the anime to add extra battles and enemies, slowing down a lot compared to the manga. So, the manga would stay ahead this time like Toyotaro said.
Yes this could be good. There would be so many new characters. This basically means that there is no real 'main character'.

Lujin_16
Regular

Post by Lujin_16 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:38 pm

Neon Z wrote:

Here's my guess - a big team based survival game taking place in some distant planet - each universe represented by a team of 10 warriors. We'll only actually see the warriors that the U7 team meets though, which would save Toriyama from making designs for all of them. There also could be various minor matches against opponents that Toriyama won't even bother designing (and will just take place off screen in the manga) - that will allow the anime to add extra battles and enemies, slowing down a lot compared to the manga. So, the manga would stay ahead this time like Toyotaro said.
Maybe you are right :D And the Omniking and the 12 gods see's them in television similar to Hunger Games