"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:23 pm

Sounds like a really lame boring way to handle this mini arc...lame!

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:28 pm

Neon Z wrote:
Boo Machine wrote:I wonder why they are avoiding Goten and Trunks so much. Wouldn't they want to use the Kid characters to appeal to the kids?

Even if Toriyama doesn't have them in this draft/scrpit, Toei could take a few liberties. Unless some peoples suspicions are correct and that's what they're doing with Gohan.
With the mention of a team, this might be the tournament after all, so they couldn't really increase contestants like that.
Hm.. Maybe. It's really a shame though. I'm not a gigantic fan of Goten and Trunks but I would love if everyone in the main cast got a chance to fight. It'd be great for the community if all the favorites got a role.

Speaking of the spoilers for the Hit arc. It's a little disappointing that Goku isn't taken out. The arcs short length is even more dissapointing. I'm still excited though. Goku vs Hit round 2 is what I've wanted to see for a while!
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Scarlet Spider
Beyond Newbie

Post by Scarlet Spider » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:34 pm

HECTOR4 wrote:V-Jump scans:

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Can someone translate this, please? ^^:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Link: https://twitter.com/white4517/status/809205674525609984
My boy 17 is proud to be a Ranger. 16 would be proud. :cry:

The_Destroyer
Regular

Post by The_Destroyer » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:37 pm

Wow this sucks..., Yamcha gets left out again, and they bring Roshi? Well, looks there's no hope to see Yamcha fight again. Do they even consider him a Z-Fighter anymore? I mean the dude is flying with other Z-fighters at the end of the intro and is standing with them in ending 3, both of which Roshi doesn't do. This is total bullshit, honestly.

I'm guessing an in-universe reason would be Tien being a douchebag again or Yamcha offering to stay behind with Marron so both 18 and Krillin can fight, considering both of them never fight together because one of them needs to stay behind with her.

Scarlet Spider
Beyond Newbie

Post by Scarlet Spider » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:39 pm

The_Destroyer wrote:Wow this sucks..., Yamcha gets left out again, and they bring Roshi? Well, looks there's no hope to see Yamcha fight again. Do they even consider him a Z-Fighter anymore? I mean the dude is flying with other Z-fighters at the end of the intro and is standing with them in ending 3, both of which Roshi doesn't do. This is total bullshit, honestly.

I'm guessing an in-universe reason would be Tien being a douchebag again or Yamcha offering to stay behind with Marron so both 18 and Krillin can fight, considering both of them never fight together because one of them needs to stay behind with her.
Didn't Yamcha say he retired in the Buu saga?

sophitia
Not-So-Newbie

Post by sophitia » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:40 pm

Interesting that 18 and 17 could get more fight and spotlight.

But it really bothers me that Goten and Trunks got left out again when Roshi and Ten is there.

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Post by ChronoTwigger » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:41 pm

Pleaaaaaase stop it!
It's a generical splash image that use just recycled art... randomly assembled.
No hint and nothing so far.
For the sake of your own brains, stop it XD.
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

Kagari
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kagari » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:42 pm

ChronoTwigger wrote:Pleaaaaaase stop it!
But it's not. It's new artwork drawn by Yamamuro.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:42 pm

None of the art is recycled.

The_Destroyer
Regular

Post by The_Destroyer » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:43 pm

Scarlet Spider wrote:
The_Destroyer wrote:Wow this sucks..., Yamcha gets left out again, and they bring Roshi? Well, looks there's no hope to see Yamcha fight again. Do they even consider him a Z-Fighter anymore? I mean the dude is flying with other Z-fighters at the end of the intro and is standing with them in ending 3, both of which Roshi doesn't do. This is total bullshit, honestly.

Didn't Yamcha say he retired in the Buu saga?
I mean, didn't Krillin and Roshi? That's why Krillin had hair. And they could just as easily write him out of retirement.

Araki
Advanced Regular

Post by Araki » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:45 pm

No, it's not recycled and certainly not random.

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Post by ChronoTwigger » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:50 pm

Kagari wrote:
So, that's image hint us that:
everything's happen in a void blank space.
Beerus never show up
Other characters are not here 'cause they are not drawn in magical Yamamuro splashpage portrait of a bunch of random chara
they fight or confront no one
No SSBlue, it was not depicted
... and after evaluating that you could possibly reach the conclusion that's a random splashpage with "recycled" (copied? Typical poses? Bank images?) art.
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

Lujin_16
Regular

Post by Lujin_16 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:52 pm

https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/8092 ... 13?lang=de

I think the new arc will have something to do with this

Neon Z
Advanced Regular

Post by Neon Z » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:53 pm

ChronoTwigger wrote:So, that's image hint us that:
Beerus never show up
Other characters are not here 'cause they are not drawn in magical Yamamuro splashpage portrait of a bunch of random chara
... and after evaluating that you could possibly reach the conclusion that's a random splashpage with "recycled" (copied? Typical poses? Bank images?) art.
Or it's an image showing what's literally written bellow - the Universe 7 team for this "Space Survival". 18 and 17 have new outfits. Gohan has a new combination of outfit and hair. The others are new poses. They aren't "stock" images in any sense.

Abra kadabra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Abra kadabra » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:57 pm

Lujin_16 wrote:https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/8092 ... 13?lang=de

I think the new arc will have something to do with this
Doubt it. Hit lasts 2 episodes then there saiyaman shenanigans

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:58 pm

ChronoTwigger wrote:
Kagari wrote:
So, that's image hint us that:
Beerus never show up
Dude. People have already told you that these aren't recycled in any way. They're completely new. And this is promotional art. They wouldn't be depicted, if they weren't going to be relevant in some way.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Alee9977
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Alee9977 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:17 pm

GUys, I don't understand why you keep saying that if this is the multiverse tournament this will be the final arc.
If this is the 12 universe tournament, we are going to have more possibilities than before, why you keep telling that this could be the last arc?

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:19 pm

Boo Machine wrote:I wonder why they are avoiding Goten and Trunks so much. Wouldn't they want to use the Kid characters to appeal to the kids?
We have 3 Saiyans in Goku, Vegeta & Gohan so maybe they don't want too many in order to give others like Buu a chance.
Alee9977 wrote:GUys, I don't understand why you keep saying that if this is the multiverse tournament this will be the final arc.
If this is the 12 universe tournament, we are going to have more possibilities than before, why you keep telling that this could be the last arc?
If this isn't announced as his last arc then it won't be.

Personally I would've had it be the last arc (not now but the concept itself) but I trust Toriyama so I'm looking forward to seeing what we get after this if it's the big torunament.
Last edited by sintzu on Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:20 pm

sintzu wrote:
We have 3 Saiyans in Goku, Vegeta & Gohan so maybe they don't want too many in order to give others like Buu a chance.
The team is pretty varied honestly. 3 Saiyans, 3 Humans, 2 Cyborgs, 1 Majin, 1 Namekian.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Kamen Rider Revolver

Post by Kamen Rider Revolver » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:35 pm

This arc has the potential to really good. If they give every character good exposure it should really fun. Even if in the end it all comes down to Goku or Vegeta, give us something Toei.
Last edited by Kamen Rider Revolver on Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.