Kanzenshuu memebers favorite characters!

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Kanzenshuu memebers favorite characters!

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:28 pm

The rules are gonna be like my last one (viewtopic.php?f=7&t=36475)but now with the characters, this time you can name any character you want, but you have to have it be the whole package, so no "Saiyan saga Vegeta" or "2nd form Cell".
Voting ends December 28rd
(Also check out MarCars92 thread to)
Last edited by Soppa Saia People on Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Re: Kanzenshuu memebers favorite characters!

Post by MajinMan » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:50 pm

1. Goku
2. Vegeta
3. Muten Roshi
4. Piccolo
5. Bulma

It's kind of hard to choose a character for fifth place, but Bulma has had many great moments so I think she deserves it.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:00 pm

My #1 is Vegeta.
#2 is Goku but if I was only taking the manga into account then I'd put him up there with Vegeta or maybe even push Vegeta down to #2.
#3 is Beerus and what put him here is the epic way he killed Zamasu, if it weren't for that then he'd be tied with Piccolo.
#4 is Piccolo.
#5 is Black because he's Black and we all like him.
#6 is Buu's evil side and the reason for that is because he wasn't turned into a joke like Freeza and Cell were at the end of their lives.
#7 is Whis.
#8 is Zeno.
#9 Would be Champa cause most of the scenes he's in are really funny.
#10 is Cell.

half of my list are Toriyama's new characters so I guess he's adding more to the franchise then I thought. :clap: :thumbup:
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:04 pm

1. Gohan- This wasn't the case for the longest time. But in recent years I've come to appreciate Gohan a lot more. I can't think of too many places where I didn't enjoy the character. Just the Android/Cell are where he is kind of boring and doesn't do much until the very end where he is suddenly the hero. I enjoyed Gohan when he was a kid but I think it's when he is all grown up is where he really shines as his own character. From HIgh school to the Saiyaman stuff to his fight with majin buu and even to his GT and Track suit self. I feel like Gohan is just a real good balance of Adorable and Badass and Iloved seeing his journey from scared child to a Mountain of a Man.

2. Goku - I just can't not love Goku. Just the happiest go lucky dude ever while still being serious when he thinks he needs to be. Plus the work he puts in to achieve his goals is admirable and even inspirational. I know Goku may not be the traditional hero but he has always been one of my hero figures ever since I was 5.

3. Black - Goku Black was just such a damn joy 98% of the time he was on screen. The amount of confidence that could only be matched by the scope of the universe helps sell his "Show- off" nature. And he is probably one of the few villains that doesn't go through a break down when he is on the losing side, and instead chooses to laugh it off. Also I dig how they make the image of Goku so menacing. Nozowa truly killed that performance. RIP, Black. You were taken from us too soon.

4. Bulma - I find it amazing how Bulma can still be a wonderful asset to the story despite not being a fighter. Showing that you don't need to throw a punch to stay relevant. Plus she has been around as long as Goku. It's hard not to like her.

5. Piccolo - My favorite character when I was just a wee toddler. And even though I have grown up and started to appreciate other characters more, The Jolly green giant still holds a place in my heart. I enjoy how he goes from trying to take over the world to the wise mentor figure / baby sitter for little saiyan children. Never change Piccolo. But do try to get the occasional punch in every once in a while.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

Lunatic Fringe
Regular

Post by Lunatic Fringe » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:57 pm

1. Piccolo
2. Son Goku
3. Freeza
4. Kuririn
5. Bulma

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:59 pm

1. Beerus
2. Zamasu/Goku Black
3. Goku
4. Vegeta
5. Future Trunks

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:12 pm

• 01. Freeza
    Ruthless, unforgiving, and a never quitting attitude are makings of a true villain.
  • 02. Zamasu
    Deep character with a clearly defined goal, plan, and method. Really cool abilities.
  • 03. Pan
    Bossy and annoying - my kind of personality! Great potential for future stories (or fanfics).
  • 04. Vegetto
    I love Fusions in general. Specifics on Vegetto - insanely strong, and an entertaining personality. Also, Final Kamehameha.
  • 05. Videl
    Like Freeza, has a never-give-up personality. A really good example of a melee-based fighter (and an Earthling)!
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Beyond
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Beyond » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:29 pm

1. Piccolo
2. Gohan
3. Vegeta
4. super buu
5. Goku

Almighty Majin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Almighty Majin » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:37 pm

1. Giant Snake from DBS
2. Babarian
3. Chief that fought Beerus
4. Farmer with a shotgun
5. Immortal Phoenix that died from food poisoning

1. Cell: Each form seemed like a different character. Imperfect was creepy and cunning, Semi-Perfect was arrogant, Perfect was pompous and laid back, Super Perfect was super hotheaded. He had so much potential as well as the fighting abilities of Freeza and the Z-FIghters. He was the only villain that was more of a neutral character overall as he really only cared to gain more power and fight strong opponents once he became perfect.
2. Whis: So laid back since he's the strongest in his universe. He's an amazing martial arts master and is also very neutral. He puts Beerus in his place.
3. Vegeta: Amazing rival character and has stayed as strong as he is now by himself (excluding Whis training). He has also had the best character development as well. He was great in the Saiyan and Namek sagas as a ruthless killer and then in the Android and Majin sagas as a more caring family person with the grumpiness still there.
4. Black: Way better than Zamasu, his whole drive to increase power while wanting to exterminate the mortals was great. He has the whole contradiction of being a mortal hating god in a mortal's body.
5. Super Buu: Best version of Buu especially after he absorbed Piccolo and Gohan since he had the most personality out of all of them, was really power, had interesting techniques, and could still get stronger via absorption.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:37 pm

1. Fat Buu
2. Super Buu
3. Mr. Satan
4. Vegeta (Saiyan/Namek era only)
5. Zamasu (all forms are the same character: Present, Future, Goku Black, Merged)
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

PelicanDynasty
Beyond Newbie

Post by PelicanDynasty » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:37 am

Oh boy this is tough.

1) Goku: Kid Goku is actually my #1, but his older self less so. Kid Goku is so far ahead that he's still #1 though.

2) Tien: Total badass, was in a lot of the best fights in the series.

3) Kid Buu: Are the forms of Buu all their own people? If not just Majin Buu in general.

4) Roshi: I'm pretty sure I've listed this clown in my bottom 5 before, but honestly his fights as Jackie Chun are just too good.

5) General Blue: Fun villain, legitimately evil, caused the main cast a lot of problems, was the only Red Ribbon guy who didn't treat Goku like a normal child.

Oh man, that was brutal. Honorable mention to Popo, Piccolo, Tambourine, Tao, Radditz, Nam, Uub, and Krillin. Maybe there should be a separate list for those less prominent characters. :lol:

Saikyo no Senshi
Advanced Regular

Post by Saikyo no Senshi » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:10 am

1) Son Gokuu : He is cool. He is a cocky asshole and I like cocky assholes. He keeps the show interesting and Nozawa Masako's acting makes his character memorable. He is DRAGON BALL!

2) Piccolo : The most decently written character. In a show where most of the characters from a writing perspective are pretty boring and hardly develop after a point, Piccolo is the exception. I like his entire journey as a character and bonus points for that cool design.

3) Freeza : Best villain. Nakao Ryuusei nails the character to absolute perfection.

Other than the three I mentioned, all the other characters bore me.

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:30 am

1. Tao Pai Pai:
Goku's first big life-threatening-foe. His gags are easily some of my favorites, specifically killing Blue with his tongue and using a thrown pillar as his chief mode of transportation.

2. Son Goku:
Goku as a kid is one of the most enjoyable things about the franchise for me. He's a complete idiot, and as a result ends up being a gigantic prick to others out of sheer ignorance. Endearing as fuck. Also one of GT's saving graces for me.

3. Vegeta:
Goku's third big enemy-turned-rival-turned-friend. Really love his design in the Saiyan arc, and his character is one of my favorite parts of the Namek arc. GT, Battle of Gods, and Super have made him my favorite slice of life character.

4. Piccolo:
Goku's second big enemy-turned-rival-turned-friend. His rivalry with Goku is probably my favorite out of all of them, since they're so closely connected with one another. It's one of the major things to make the distinction between Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z seem rather pointless and dumb.

5. Tenshinhan:
Goku's first big enemy-turned-rival-turned-friend. Being connected to both Goku (through their masters having a rivalry) and to Tao Pai Pai, in addition to me finding his design and array of techniques just fucking cool, puts him this high for me.

Beerus-sama
Advanced Regular

Post by Beerus-sama » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:36 am

1. Beerus
2. (Goku) Black
3. East Kaioshin:
4. Vegetto
5. Gowasu (because why not :D )
6. Shampa
7. Cabbe
8. Piccolo
Sleeping until the tournament is over.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:51 am

1. Piccolo - he has the best fight in the show vs Goku, a cool attitude, one of the best character developments in the series and a terrific design.

2. Freeza - while Toei and Toriyama tried their best to screw him over since the Namek arc, he is still the best design to come out of Dragon Ball, is menacing and terrifying, but unlike most other villains before Black, never becomes uninteresting to watch.

3. Goku - he is the heart and soul of Dragon Ball and I can't imagine the series without him. Funny, badass, lovable... He simply is the complete package you can ask for in a main character.

4. Beerus - ever since his introduction I really don't know how such a brilliant character has been missing for 90% of the series. I just love evrrything about him, but him being shoehorned into a lot of the lore doesn't let me put him higher, though at one point he was a serious contender for my favorite character in the series.

5. Gohan - the whole idea of him having the strongest potential but not being really a fighter is just great. His development too of taking the responsability for the deaths of the humans leading to his trip to Namek, eventually turning into someone who fights for the good of the people is a great superhero story. Also, has the best transformation sequence in the show. Bonus points for his relationship with Piccolo.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

mabalia
Beyond Newbie

Post by mabalia » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:02 am

1. Chi-Chi
2. Kuririn
3. Goku
4. Gohan
5. Goten

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:29 am

1 - Son Goku. My favorite version of him is when he's an adult, I find his kid version way too boring, especially during the first arc. His recklessness and sense of morality is interesting and makes the plot move foward. He's a joy to watch whenever he's on screen, even in Super, depending on whether or not they nail him in episodes (#61 and #71 come to mind as perfect representations of adult Goku). Boo arc and Battle of Gods (the film) are Goku at his best. He's unique in the sense that he's very likable despite being a jackass when you bother to think about it. Still, he had one of the most compelling character arcs in the series in the Saiyan and Freeza arcs, and he's the main character who kept the ship sailing all this time. He's my favorite character in fiction, as well, despite knowing of much, much better-written ones.

2 - Zamasu. I consider all forms (present, future, Goku Black, merged) the same character and so should everyone else, considering the different forms represent a different layer to Zamasu's overall character arc. Present Zamasu presents us with Zamasu's ideals and his disagreement with Gowasu, future Zamasu presents us with what would have happened if Zamasu's covert narcissism never manifested itself as overt narcissism, Goku Black represents Zamasu if he decided to act upon his ideals and merged Zamasu represents Zamasu had he succeeded. Anyway, Zamasu is probably the most complex character we've ever gotten (not that it's a hard feat), or at least the most complex villain. His descent into madness at the hands of Trunks was incredibly entertaining to see and his pretentioussness and how the show seemed self-aware about it was the majority of the appeal of the character for me.

3 - Vegeta. Once number two, then replaced by Zamasu. I'm not a big fan of Saiyan arc Vegeta, but in the Namek arc is where I started to really like him and the Boo arc just elevated him to the spot of one of my favorite characters. I'm glad Super (and even GT did) is doing this more mellow Vegeta justice, even if it has some hiccups among the way. I don't mind Android arc Vegeta as I think it was a necessary step to take in order to develop the character, or you'd just end up with a half-assed, underdeveloped turn from evil to good like Piccolo's. I don't think he was ever my favorite, he was always number #2 to Goku (heh, just like in the show), now he's down to #3. Poor little angry manlet.

4 - Freeza. He's a terrible character in F, even though Super's version makes him slightly better, but the original version is so good that I can't not have him in my top 5. He's menacing, ruthless, an actual threat and brings so much to Dragon Ball in terms of lore and impact on character motivations and backstory. His fake politeness makes him not seem as generic as the character would have been otherwise. I usually flip-flop between him and Beerus for the number #4 and #5 spots. I re-read the Freeza arc a lot (like, in a monthly basis), so I'm probably much more fond of Freeza. He's a joy to watch, and I guess I gotta owe that to Nakao, since even in F where he was infuriatingly bad, I was still entertained by Freeza (and Freeza alone). I once said I didn't know if I liked the Freeza arc so much because of Freeza or I liked Freeza so much because of his arc, and the same holds true now.

5 - Beerus. I think his potential as a character is being entirely wasted right now, especially when they're playing it safe all the time and never do anything interesting or new with the character an djust needlessly shove him into scenes he has no place in. He was really likable in Battle of Gods, but it was only until Super took the time to flesh out his character more and show us the other aspects of his personality that he climbed so much up the list. He has so much potential to grow into a very well-written character (I'd even argue that he is one already) and Super's already trying to do that, especially with episodes #6 and #11.

And the rest of the list would go:

6 - Kuririn
7 - Future Trunks
8 - Whis
9 - Roshi
10 - Jaco

FUCK Gohan. Sorry, I just have to express my distaste for Gohan in every thread remotely related to him.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:01 am

Doctor. wrote: FUCK Gohan. Sorry, I just have to express my distaste for Gohan in every thread remotely related to him.
Why you gotta do this man ? :lol:
Anyway, my list goes.
1- Piccolo
2- Son Goku
3- Son Gohan
4- Kuririn
5- Tenshinhan
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:43 am

1. Goku. I love his optimism and sometimes stupid level of determination. A true inspiration and hero.
2. Vegeta. His fierce determination and the extremes he goes to are just plain awesome. Great as both a villain and hero.
3. Gohan. A good natured and intelligent guy who'll unleash hell on his opponents when pushed. The whole idea of him having limitless power through anger has always been a cool and intriguing concept.
4. Piccolo. Despite being the no-nonsense voice of reason of the Z Fighters, he also enjoys a good fight and has a lot of pride as a warrior.
5. Vegito. I've yet to see Super, but he really took charge in Z and came across as an all around badass.
6. Frieza. Ruthless, relentless, with loads of tranformations and a massive influence on the universe.
7. Gotenks. Basically a mini Vegeta with some awesome unique techniques and a really cool hairstyle in base form.
8. Super Buu. Pure evil and menacing as hell.
9. Cell. Probably the most intelligent villain in Z. I liked how he gave the Z Fighters time to train, which made him one of the more reasonable and patient villains.
10. Tien. A true martial artist who never gives up on training even when he's been long surpassed by Goku.

Majin Jator
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Jator » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:51 am

1- Piccolo
2- Fat Buu
3- Beerus
4- Goku
5- Bulma

The first three were pretty clear to me. I doubted about the last two (there's a lot of cool characters), but I think I have been honest.