Anything Dragon Ball-related happen to you on Christmas?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Anything Dragon Ball-related happen to you on Christmas?

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:08 am

What sort of Dragon Ball something happened to you on this special day?

Also merry christmas, all.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

samuraix123
I Live Here

Re: Anything Dragon Ball-related happen to you on Christmas?

Post by samuraix123 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:26 am

I used to get a lot of Dragonball and Dragonball Z VHS tapes but nothing here lately. Merry Christmas as well.
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

WobbuSleuth

Post by WobbuSleuth » Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:05 pm

Somewhere around Christmas I finished watching original Dragon Ball for the first time. It was an unforgettable December. (:
Merry Christmas to everyone!
Sorry for my bad english. )=

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:35 pm

Today was hit vs goku where Goku was acting like himself and not like a brain dead monkey!
That was wonderful to see :thumbup:
Merry Christmas!
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:57 pm

Dragon Ball Super had a surprisingly clever twist so that was a nice surprise. Still do not get how the fuck Hit's powers work but hey, I'll take it.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:02 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote:What sort of Dragon Ball something happened to you on this special day?

My brother bought me ultimate butoden :-)

RoarkVegeta
Patreon Supporter

Post by RoarkVegeta » Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:10 pm

Girlfriend surprised me with Dragon Box: The Movies! Had zero idea it was coming, and didn't even ask for it. Hope everyone has a great holiday!

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:44 pm

Last year, I got ROF on Blu-Ray and EB on the 3DS. No Dragon Ball stuff for this Christmas.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:02 pm

RoarkVegeta wrote:Girlfriend surprised me with Dragon Box: The Movies! Had zero idea it was coming, and didn't even ask for it. Hope everyone has a great holiday!
She's a keeper 8) :lol:
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:08 pm

I signed up here last year on Christmas day.

Merry Christmas guys.

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:16 am

Got a Gohan figurine, a Dragon Ball keychain, a Goku t-shirt, and some random things (I don't know what they're called, but they're Piccolo, Kuririn, Karin, Majin Buu, and kid Pan).
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:32 am

Only in gift receiving. Last year, I got Budokai Tenkaichi 2 for the PS2, Xenoverse for the XB1, and The Legacy of Goku for the GBA (just because it was incredibly cheap for Black Friday). This year, I got Extreme Butōden for the 3DS, and two Shodo figures.

Perhaps next year it'll be Super DVDs or Blu-rays... :D
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

SpiritBombTriumphant
Banned

Post by SpiritBombTriumphant » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:36 pm

I worked all last week, and thought that Christmas Eve was on Friday and not Saturday. I woke up Sunday to a few messages about the new episode, and I'm like, "Oh snap! It's not Saturday! It's Sunday! My DBS day!!" So I watched the new episode. Liked the fight, didn't like the character drawings because they looked rushed.

Sunday is my Super day because I used to always get the subs on Sunday. Even with CR, I still wait until Sunday to watch the next episode because it's my ritual.

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:08 am

One year, I went to the mall with my parents around Christmas time. This was in 1998. I was a huge DBZ fan; it was the biggest thing in my school. People had "DBZ folders" with random pictures printed from the internet, fanfics, etc. But barely anyone knew anything about the original Dragon Ball. Everyone was busy reading summaries for DBZ and GT.

Anyway, there was this little video store at the mall and I noticed that it had some original Dragon Ball VHSes. So I asked if I could get them when we went to the mall for that Christmas season. My parents got me Dragon Ball VHS 1-6 along with Curse of the Blood Rubies and Sleeping Princess in Devil's Castle -- basically everything that Funimation had done using the Ocean cast. We spent hours at the mall after that and I couldn't even care less; I was just excited about getting home and watching them. I must have watched those tapes hundreds of times. I still ended up getting even more presents that year. It was great.

Another kinda Christmas-related Dragon Ball story happened in 1999 (I remember it because that's when NEW episodes of DBZ finally aired on Toonami). My parents came home one day after a day in Manhattan (I live in Brooklyn). They bought me Japanese versions of Final Bout and Greatest Legends. Let me preface this by saying that despite how the games might be, I would have loved anything Dragon Ball and have a lot of nostalgia for them, particularly because of this story. In addition to those games, my parents got a modifier thing that plugs into the back of the PS1 to play those games. There was just one problem: I had a newer model PS1 that didn't have that slot. For two weeks, my dad took me store to store looking for a modifyer for the new version of PS1 without any luck. I was so sad that I couldn't play those games. One day a couple of weeks after that, I was home from school (either sick or during the break) and my dad came home early with a first gen PS1 that had the slot in the back to plug in the modifyer. It was not a Gameshark, but closely resembled it.

My parents were working really hard back then, but always did something that seemed incredible to me. I was the only kid that I knew who saw anything from the original Dragon Ball (until it started airing on Toonami) and the only one of my friends who had Greatest Legends. I only knew two other kids that had Final Bout (one having the U.S. version). Kids would ask to come over and play all the time.

I had a good childhood lol

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:32 am

sangofe wrote:
DBZAOTA482 wrote:What sort of Dragon Ball something happened to you on this special day?

My brother bought me ultimate butoden :-)
Wish there was an edit button here... I got Extreme Butoden, not ultimate.

TheGodfather93
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGodfather93 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:31 am

I pulled Super Vegetto and Gogeta in Dokkan Battle.
If you have the time and are interested, please consider checking out my fanfiction account at https://www.fanfiction.net/~thegodfather93

rs_chaosmaster
Regular

Post by rs_chaosmaster » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:01 pm

I got to work on Christmas oh what fun. But when i got home in the early AM of the 26th i got the 4th full color freeza comic and SH Figuarts Super Vegeta :D. Next year will be a much bigger dragonball filled Xmas with super and kai buu home media releases likely + more figuarts