Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Doctor.
Banned

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Doctor. » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:57 am

RandomGuy96 wrote:
rereboy wrote:Bra without Vegetto to put her in check is scary.
Buu could just snap her neck.
He means when they go back to their universes. U16 doesn't have Boo.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:10 am

Yes, in their universe Vegetto was the only one who could really take care of her by force. And she can be very dangerous.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:06 pm

Small bug in first panel (German translation)
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:12 pm

Look at Pan's face. She's wishing Brayu was back! :lol:

Regarder
Regular

Post by Regarder » Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:24 pm

Why is Babidi speaking German?

EDIT:

Vegetto: Not my problem.

Salagir is really handing him the idiot ball in this comic.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:41 pm

If Gast doesn't own her smug ass, I'll stop reading this comic
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:01 pm

Regarder wrote:Why is Babidi speaking German?
TFS reference? The fact it isn't changed after all this time,that Babidi is talking about Gast, and when I went to the German translation version (half expecting Babidi's line to be english) it was different and longer dialogue still in german makes it seem like this was all in jest.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:06 pm

FoolsGil wrote:TFS reference?
But... We're still on Cell arc
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:38 pm

Noah wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:TFS reference?
But... We're still on Cell arc
I don't know, German and Namekians were the last arc, I'm just trying to find some semblance of sense.

Regarder
Regular

Post by Regarder » Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:15 pm

I wonder if by the end of the comic we'll regret dissing Bra and she'll have an actual character arc where she finally learns that she needs everyone else to help her, especially if some Babidi, Xixi, and Ginyu related shenanigans go on where they actually have to plan things instead of just using strength. I guess the difference between Vegeta and Bra right now is that Vegeta had an arc, or more like several. Bra's still climbing the first hill and it seems like she's stuck in second gear, but if you build up a character as annoying and arrogant, and then bring them low and humble them, before they have the self-reflection to grow into a real hero, then you have something that's actually interesting. Fingers crossed. Great writing from this point forwards could turn Bra into gold.
Last edited by Regarder on Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Daisetsu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Daisetsu » Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:17 pm

It's just a translation hiccup. Babidi's line here is just the announcer's line on this page, but in German.

The actual line should be (google translated): "Which of the evil corrupt beings believes that it can withstand the oldest of all magi?"

German line (for those who feel like giving us an actual translation): "Welches vom bösen korrumpierte wesen glaubt bloss, dass es dem ältesten aller magier widerstehen kann?"

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:42 pm

Regarder wrote:I wonder if by the end of the comic we'll regret dissing Bra and she'll have an actual character arc where she finally learns that she needs everyone else to help her, especially if some Babidi, Xixi, and Ginyu related shenanigans go on where they actually have to plan things instead of just using strength. I guess the difference between Vegeta and Bra right now is that Vegeta had an arc, or more like several. Bra's still climbing the first hill and it seems like she's stuck in second gear, but if you build up a character as annoying and arrogant, and then bring them low and humble them, before they have the self-reflection to grow into a real hero, then you have something that's actually interesting. Fingers crossed. Great writing from this point forwards could turn Bra into gold.
They had the chance to do that with Ginyu. Instead, she's still a brat.

The thing with Vegeta is that he had several humbling moments before it finally stuck. So, Vegeta can be a complete ass and we knew he would pay for it, even if the lesson didn't fully stick. Vegeta wouldn't be as beloved if his asshole moments went unpunished until the Buu Saga. Instead of crying for Vegeta when he sacrificed himself to kill Buu, we would be saying 'ding dong'.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:24 pm

HeroR wrote:
It has been literally just three pages since Bra is back and she has been shown to be upset by what happened.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:35 pm

rereboy wrote:
HeroR wrote:
It has been literally just three pages since Bra is back and she has been shown to be upset by what happened.
Of course she's upset. But she hasn't shown any change other than annoyed at the entire situation. Even characters treat the entire thing as a minor annoyance. Maybe this will change, but I'm too hopeful.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:43 pm

HeroR wrote:
rereboy wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Of course she's upset. But she hasn't shown any change other than annoyed at the entire situation. Even characters treat the entire thing as a minor annoyance. Maybe this will change, but I'm too hopeful.
My point is that you were talking like it was necessary for Bra, in three pages where other stuff also happens, to do a 180º in her personality and make a speech about how she was wrong and a jerk to conclude that Bra will be less of a jerk in the future. That doesn't make sense, imo. If she does change, I think it would be much more slowly and it won't be a 180º turn. For now, her being upset is not bad in terms of maybe influencing a change in the future.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:02 pm

Umm...It's 'Namekians."

One thing I just thought of. Is there going to be a special set of dragonballs given to the winner of the tournament? Because let's say against all odds, Raichi wins. The creator of the dragonballs Raichi wishes on would have to be stronger than Vegetto to enact the wish to kill every Saiyan. Second, the dragonballs magic would have to affect not one universe, but all of them. It's not about physical strength at that point. Could the dragonballs, which has had difficulties pulling off certain wishes in canon, commit genocide in an infinite amount of parallels?

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:52 pm

FoolsGil wrote: One thing I just thought of. Is there going to be a special set of dragonballs given to the winner of the tournament? Because let's say against all odds, Raichi wins. The creator of the dragonballs Raichi wishes on would have to be stronger than Vegetto to enact the wish to kill every Saiyan.
If they still work same as regular Dragon Ball, then it won't happen, Porunga said in Buu Saga, he can only restore Goku natural strength, he couldn't enhance it.
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:16 pm

Raichi Vs Gast... Ohhh my. This. This I have been waiting for!

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:02 pm

His specials are the best, his fights are the most interesting, it's obvious that Gast is the Hero DBM needs.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:03 pm

And Raichi is the villain that DB needs. Too bad they're both side-characters.