What Will Be After Dragon Ball Super?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

emperior
I Live Here

Re: After Dragon ball super

Post by emperior » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:39 pm

Dragon Ball Ireland wrote:
Basaku wrote:
Dragon Ball Ireland wrote:A sequel series set between the end of Z and GT without Toriyama's involvement seems the most likely.

Dragon Ball is unlikely to end again anytime soon since its doing very well. Its a completely different ballgame to GT's original run in 1996-97.
Not exactly sure why everyone's betting on "lack of Toriyama's involvement". He's got a golden job right now - write a plot sketch and design concepts on a restaurant napkin while eating lunch -> mail it to Toei -> have Toei agree on everything and thank him all day long -> get fat paycheck and even more worldwide praise -> do nothing for few months till another arc starts.

I'm not seeing him quitting soon :P
It depends how happy he will be with the future of the series. Toriyama did want to stop being involved with Super a while ago because he was unhappy with how TOEI were handling it (we still only know vague details from kei17 about this but he has proven his trust), although its possible he feels different now.
I wonder if we'll be getting Toriyama's comments about the new arc. I really hope he is very involved with the story and not just providing character designs and a few plot lines...
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Draconic
I Live Here

Re: What Will Be After Dragon Ball Super?

Post by Draconic » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:47 pm

Well, with the Dragon Ball Room making a lot of decisions and introducing a lot of ideas fans have thrown around for ages in new material, like evil Goku - Goku Black, Super Saiyan 5 - Super Mira, Broly-like character appearing etc, I can see them actually retiring the main cast and work off of the new blood, since that's also been used a lot. Especially if Boruto is well recieved among manga/anime fans.
I don't think we would see a sequel to GT, since that ship has kinda sailed, but a Xenoverse/Heroes-based show I can totally see being on the table once Toriyama retires and the franchise goes into full on pandering mode. It would include elements from all the previous continuites using the alternate timelines excuse, you would have some new protagonists. It kinda checks out all the marks. Not to mention it's a proven name and they already have story concepts in the games/missions that are barely developed.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:15 pm

emperior wrote:I honestly think Toriyama has no plans on changing the ending of his story. He will probably stop writing stories about Goku and either and Toei/Dragon Ball Room will handle the serie. But I hope if that's the case, that they don't do a GT 2.0 but instead create a new one without Goku and co. (Naruto is doing it, why can't Dragon Ball do it too?) possibly still set on Earth 1000 years after the events of EoZ.
Boruto is keeping Naruto and Sasuke involved while a DB story set 1000 years in the future will make it impossible to use Goku and Vegeta.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:24 pm

sintzu wrote:
emperior wrote:I honestly think Toriyama has no plans on changing the ending of his story. He will probably stop writing stories about Goku and either and Toei/Dragon Ball Room will handle the serie. But I hope if that's the case, that they don't do a GT 2.0 but instead create a new one without Goku and co. (Naruto is doing it, why can't Dragon Ball do it too?) possibly still set on Earth 1000 years after the events of EoZ.
Boruto is keeping Naruto and Sasuke involved while a DB story set 1000 years in the future will make it impossible to use Goku and Vegeta.
Goku is the only important one, not Vegeta. Naruto and Sasuke were there from the start whereas Vegeta was not.

In a 1000 years there will still Roshi and Buu if it is about 500 then they could still have Piccolo in the show.

All the Z fighters could still be included as when the new people die they could meet them in other world and train with them.

irreality
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by irreality » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:25 pm

I don't see why they would stop a successful series to change the name. Either they stop for good for some specific reason (like toriyama stopping, maybe Masako Nozawa retiring) or it will just be DBS until they run it to the ground. Characters might change, but there is no reason to change the name.

Basaku
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Basaku » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:36 pm

At this point, it will never stop. The franchise may have breaks in future, but the IP has already proved its sustaining power, global reach and profitability. Toei & Shueisha could crash and burn and someone would still pick up the rights and continue. Heck, far less succesful/influental old properties get brought back because in today's extremly competetive entertainment industry brand recognition is everything.
Last edited by Basaku on Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:42 pm

Another Dragon Ball show or another series of movies. Dragon Ball has hit its stride again and Toei and Bandai will ride this gravy train for as long as it lasts.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:56 pm

irreality wrote:I don't see why they would stop a successful series to change the name. Either they stop for good for some specific reason (like toriyama stopping, maybe Masako Nozawa retiring) or it will just be DBS until they run it to the ground. Characters might change, but there is no reason to change the name.
I think it'll be DBS for as long as Toriyama writes it but after he's done they'll probably end it and start something else.
namekiansaiyan wrote:Naruto and Sasuke were there from the start whereas Vegeta was not.
This is where it started (starts) for most people :

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.