Unpopular DB opinions

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Re: Unpopular DB opinions

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:38 pm

Cetra wrote:
Gog wrote: Every fan made arcosian transformation is terrible
:(
You've come up with one as well? Could you show me?

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:42 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
Cetra wrote:
Gog wrote: Every fan made arcosian transformation is terrible
Nova Saiyajin Goku made that art after I told him what she should look like/showed him a sketch. But think the breasts away. She does not necessarily have them

[spoiler]Image

Image[/spoiler]
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

mfwlegend3
Regular

Post by mfwlegend3 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:47 pm

The gr wrote:I like goku black in the manga
I do too. I prefer how Toyo handled him over his anime counterpart in both characteristics and appearance. Which brings me to my own unpopular opinion, I never cared for Black's flamboyant mannerisms as much as other people did.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:51 pm

Cetra wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:
Cetra wrote:
Nova Saiyajin Goku made that art after I told him what she should look like/showed him a sketch. But think the breasts away. She does not necessarily have them

[spoiler]Image

Image[/spoiler]
Even though the boobs arent meant to be there. They still trigger me for some reason.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:57 pm

Gog wrote: Even though the boobs arent meant to be there. They still trigger me for some reason.
Is English your first language ? Because that makes no sense.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:59 pm

Soppa Saia People wrote:
Gog wrote: Even though the boobs arent meant to be there. They still trigger me for some reason.
I dont know. Boobs trigger me as well. In a good way.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:00 pm

Soppa Saia People wrote:
Could you please elaborate on that question. But I think that I already know what you mean, English is my first language however early on I was a stupid little troglodyte, who didn't do any of his school work, which included English, and sentence structure. So I was a dumb little thing. That only until recently has been picking up.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:07 pm

The gr wrote:I like goku black in the manga
That's not so bad...
Gog wrote:
Noah wrote:Don't know how much unpopular this is, but I prefer Cell arc over the Freeza arc, sure the latter had more story and well developed plot, but the planet Namek scenario was just bland and boring so as Freeza endless transformations. Bringing things back to Earth was nice, didn't really have a much problem with the Super Saiyan fest as I loved this transformation. By the time 19 and 20 show up and episodes before Cell introduction was the first time I felt the thriller in the series. Didn't have much problem with characters making stupid decisions cause all of them were in-character, my only problem was with Gohan not wanting to fight Cell in first stance. (please don't transform this the controversial "Was Gohan OOC in the Cell Games" discussion) SSJ2 transformation and the ending of this arc was one of the most memorable scenes of the franchise.
Thats an incredibly unpopular opinion the Freeza arc is arguably the best saga ever produced with it's greatest competitor for that position being the saiyan saga. I personally prefer the Freeza saga, because of Freeza, and the ginyu force. But hey that's my opinion.
Well as a matter of fact I think it would be a great to end the manga in the Freeza arc as everything was fulfilled, but also ending in the Cell arc wouldn't be so bad either.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:24 pm

Members of Freeza's Race can have gender. I mean, I don't even see why the Kaiōshin supposedly don't. This is one of a few instances where I'd headcanon something completely contradictory to what we've been given by an official source, to be honest. :P
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:23 am

Anime Kitten wrote:Members of Freeza's Race can have gender. I mean, I don't even see why the Kaiōshin supposedly don't. This is one of a few instances where I'd headcanon something completely contradictory to what we've been given by an official source, to be honest. :P
I think you meant to write the Arcosians must have genders, otherwise the popular idea that the forms are suppression cannot function. For the Kaioshin? Eh I'm not too mad about that, they are gods, and even if they don't have any sexual organs, they could still develop love interests or something like that. Proably could still have sex, they still do have buts.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:40 am

Gog wrote:
Soppa Saia People wrote:
Could you please elaborate on that question. But I think that I already know what you mean, English is my first language however early on I was a stupid little troglodyte, who didn't do any of his school work, which included English, and sentence structure. So I was a dumb little thing. That only until recently has been picking up.
Second first, same as the first.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:48 am

Soppa Saia People wrote:
Gog wrote:
Soppa Saia People wrote: Is English your first language ? Because that makes no sense.
Second first, same as the first.
Can I get a third in a row? :mrgreen:

Omniboy
Beyond Newbie

Post by Omniboy » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:11 pm

I never liked the ssj4 form at all. For some reason it just never clicked with me. I just not a fan of the way it looks, as it honestly just looks ridiculous to me. Not to mention that the fact the Goku can somehow magically gain back his shirt despite ripping it off when he becomes a kid again :lol: .But I completely understand why others like the form, but it's just not for me I guess.

Gligarman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gligarman » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:20 pm

Not sure how unpopular this is but my favorite of the DBZ movies prior to Battle of Gods was The World's Strongest Man. Story makes no sense but the fight scenes are so cool!

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:00 pm

Omniboy wrote:I never liked the ssj4 form at all. For some reason it just never clicked with me. I just not a fan of the way it looks, as it honestly just looks ridiculous to me. Not to mention that the fact the Goku can somehow magically gain back his shirt despite ripping it off when he becomes a kid again :lol: .But I completely understand why others like the form, but it's just not for me I guess.
Eh, I always thought the reason why other people liked the form, was because compared to the other three forms super saiyan 4 is a visual treat. Especially the red design. But the shirt makes no sense

Gligarman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gligarman » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:24 pm

The Dragon Ball series (except GT) is my favorite anime series to date. But with that said the manga is so much better. Not just because the lack of filler but because the characters are more defined since they weren't being interpreted by a third party.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:35 pm

Uub is literally Gohan, besides his design and origin he nearly has the exact personality

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:55 pm

Gog wrote:Uub is literally Gohan, besides his design and origin he nearly has the exact personality
He's in the same successor role as Gohan was, and he has extraordinary potential for battle, but we haven't seen enough of him to draw a parallel between their actual personalities.
Retired.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:57 pm

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
Gog wrote:Uub is literally Gohan, besides his design and origin he nearly has the exact personality
He's in the same successor role as Gohan was, and he has extraordinary potential for battle, but we haven't seen enough of him to draw a parallel between their actual personalities.
But that's the problem what we have seen is estinally Gohan, that's the problem with introducing a character near the end of the comic. You cannot flesh them out, so we draw parallels to the next closest character. Gohan

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:00 pm

Gog wrote:
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
But that's the problem what we have seen is estinally Gohan, that's the problem with introducing a character near the end of the comic. You cannot flesh them out, so we draw parallels to the next closest character. Gohan
But you're drawing the parallel fallaciously. Oob is Oob, we don't know much about him, which is a shame. That's all we can say about him, he's not similar enough to another character to actively synonymize the two.
Retired.