"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

precita
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by precita » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:29 pm

Buu is going to win. It's the first fight, the first wolf is the weakest. Goku is then shown in the opening beating the crap out of the blue wolf, so he'll win.

Gohan's probably going to lose.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:03 pm

perucho1990 wrote:Gohan fans shouldnt lose hope, in the NEP Daishinkan seemed upset, probably at Buu for not taking things seriously(kinda hinting Buu might lose), if Buu loses then Gohan is definitely winning.
That would be good for a change, but as fadeddreams5 pointed:
I'm positive Gohan is going to lose his fight and come to the conclusion that he needs to start training again for the real tournament.
So Gohan winning in these exhibition matches would surprise me.
ChronoTwigger wrote:Well, I also think Satan will fight in place of Gohan or Goku for whatever reason you can conceive.
I can see that as well, we saw in that leaked preview pic that Satan might did something to have his outfit torn up
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:55 pm

Alright it's prediction time!

According to some very reliable sources my dreams I am now rooting for zeno to not destroy an universe as soon as it loses..
They will be forced to wait for their impeding doom, when a winner comes out as top all others are nuked, but then Angels, specifically whis uses his time reversing and they stop zeno after he is made to feel guilty about it by Goku in 3 minutes..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

DBS916
Regular

Post by DBS916 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:29 am

Ki Breaker wrote:Alright it's prediction time!

According to some very reliable sources my dreams I am now rooting for zeno to not destroy an universe as soon as it loses..
They will be forced to wait for their impeding doom, when a winner comes out as top all others are nuked, but then Angels, specifically whis uses his time reversing and they stop zeno after he is made to feel guilty about it by Goku in 3 minutes..
I guess it would be good to see one or both Zenos to act more mature and decide not to destroy the losing universes. My prediction is that U6 wins by defeating U7, only for Champa to use the Super Dragon Balls to restore U7 as payback to Beerus for his previous wish.

Shin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Shin » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:31 am

DBS916 wrote:

I guess it would be good to see one or both Zenos to act more mature and decide not to destroy the losing universes. My prediction is that U6 wins by defeating U7, only for Champa to use the Super Dragon Balls to restore U7 as payback to Beerus for his previous wish.
I had this thought as well. It would be so cute.
Dragon Ball /Z/GT/Super is a children's show and there's nothing wrong with that.

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:45 am

Shin wrote:
DBS916 wrote:

I had this thought as well. It would be so cute.

Me as well! I was thinking of that and was like if that happened it'd be soooo cool. Champa does owe him after all ;).

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:02 am

Shin wrote:I guess it would be good to see one or both Zenos to act more mature and decide not to destroy the losing universes. My prediction is that U6 wins by defeating U7, only for Champa to use the Super Dragon Balls to restore U7 as payback to Beerus for his previous wish.
That would be interesting, I can see Goku managing to defeat Hit in their rematch, but losing to the next fighter due fatigue, but I don't think that's gonna happen, U6 probably will not have a major role this time, I can see them being defeated in the final matches by another universe or something...
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:05 am

precita wrote:Buu is going to win. It's the first fight, the first wolf is the weakest. Goku is then shown in the opening beating the crap out of the blue wolf, so he'll win.

Gohan's probably going to lose.
I don't know how any of that implies Goku and Boo will win though. I do just hope that Boo wins though.
"Sighs...At my age, I already have a woman who follows me around thinking she's my wife. Oh! My youth's rotting away!" - Ataru Moroboshi

bleed0range
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by bleed0range » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:28 am

HeroR wrote:
bleed0range wrote:
Maybe so, but Boo is hard to actually defeat since even when obliterated into smoke he can reform. It took literally everyone to defeat him and even fat Boo who is considerably weaker still has the benefits of being essentially magic.
Fat Buu nearly died by being beating to death.
What, against Kid Boo? I don't know, everyone thought he might die but he didn't. It would have to totally obliterate him. It's been awhile since I've seen the fight but they seemed pretty evenly matched, with Kid Boo having a little bit of the upper hand.

Nothing has shown that Fat Boo could be easily disposed of. They thought they killed Boo several times without it actually killing Boo. Who's to say for sure he wouldn't actually regenerate if he was blown away?

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:31 am

bleed0range wrote:
HeroR wrote:
bleed0range wrote:
Maybe so, but Boo is hard to actually defeat since even when obliterated into smoke he can reform. It took literally everyone to defeat him and even fat Boo who is considerably weaker still has the benefits of being essentially magic.
What, against Kid Boo? I don't know, everyone thought he might die but he didn't. It would have to totally obliterate him. It's been awhile since I've seen the fight but they seemed pretty evenly matched, with Kid Boo having a little bit of the upper hand.

Nothing has shown that Fat Boo could be easily disposed of. They thought they killed Boo several times without it actually killing Boo. Who's to say for sure he wouldn't actually regenerate if he was blown away?
It wasn't evenly matched at all. Kid Buu utterly and completely stomped Fat Buu, and Kid Buu did it with brute force. No energy attacks. Evil Buu also nearly killed him on his own, before blowing back his candy beam.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

bleed0range
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by bleed0range » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:40 am

HeroR wrote:
bleed0range wrote:
HeroR wrote:

It wasn't evenly matched at all. Kid Buu utterly and completely stomped Fat Buu, and Kid Buu did it with brute force. No energy attacks. Evil Buu also nearly killed him on his own, before blowing back his candy beam.
Are we certain it was going to KILL him though? I remember him being badly beaten, but I'm not sure if he would have died. I guess I need to rewatch those episodes. He seems like he can pretty much come back from anything. It took a Galaxy of people's power just to defeat Kid Boo alone. I don't feel like this wolf guy is anywhere near Fat Boo's level even if he is severely underpowered compared to before the Boo's seperated.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:56 am

bleed0range wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Are we certain it was going to KILL him though? I remember him being badly beaten, but I'm not sure if he would have died. I guess I need to rewatch those episodes. He seems like he can pretty much come back from anything. It took a Galaxy of people's power just to defeat Kid Boo alone. I don't feel like this wolf guy is anywhere near Fat Boo's level even if he is severely underpowered compared to before the Boo's seperated.
I don't know if this is true but I read that if Buu fought another Buu then he wouldn't be able to regenerate like he would fighting someone else so not only could he be hurt but killed as well.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:28 am

Normally all fans that have watched the episode would have the thought of "so the winning team gets a wish from the dragon balls? then its obvious, the balls are gonna be used to restore everything that Zeno destroyed" tho I wonder, if Goku's team wins and undo all Zeno did, I have a feeling Zeno wouldnt be so happy with that, anyways this isnt a friendly tournament like last time, hell last time was a friendly tournament and Chanpa nearly killed all of his members if Zeno didnt appear just in time, just think what would happen now when stakes are all time high.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:31 am

SansrivaaL wrote:Normally all fans that have watched the episode would have the thought of "so the winning team gets a wish from the dragon balls? then its obvious, the balls are gonna be used to restore everything that Zeno destroyed" tho I wonder, if Goku's team wins and undo all Zeno did, I have a feeling Zeno wouldnt be so happy with that, anyways this isnt a friendly tournament like last time, hell last time was a friendly tournament and Chanpa nearly killed all of his members if Zeno didnt appear just in time, just think what would happen now when stakes are all time high.
An interesting plot twist would be the dragon telling them that he can't undo something Zeno did and the only way to do is to find...the king of dragons ? or whatever he is to do it.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:36 am

sintzu wrote: I don't know if this is true but I read that if Buu fought another Buu then he wouldn't be able to regenerate like he would fighting someone else so not only could he be hurt but killed as well.
Someone stated in this another forum. Please post this source since I have never heard this before.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:46 am

sintzu wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:Normally all fans that have watched the episode would have the thought of "so the winning team gets a wish from the dragon balls? then its obvious, the balls are gonna be used to restore everything that Zeno destroyed" tho I wonder, if Goku's team wins and undo all Zeno did, I have a feeling Zeno wouldnt be so happy with that, anyways this isnt a friendly tournament like last time, hell last time was a friendly tournament and Chanpa nearly killed all of his members if Zeno didnt appear just in time, just think what would happen now when stakes are all time high.
An interesting plot twist would be the dragon telling them that he can't undo something Zeno did and the only way to do is to find...the king of dragons ? or whatever he is to do it.
Maybe for Goku to have to undo the crap he's done, he'll have to go to like some dark realm or something which could launch the next saga with Goku trying to correct his wrong by trying to bring back the universes.
"Sighs...At my age, I already have a woman who follows me around thinking she's my wife. Oh! My youth's rotting away!" - Ataru Moroboshi

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:49 am

HeroR wrote:
sintzu wrote: I don't know if this is true but I read that if Buu fought another Buu then he wouldn't be able to regenerate like he would fighting someone else so not only could he be hurt but killed as well.
Someone stated in this another forum. Please post this source since I have never heard this before.
That someone already posted the source in a reply to you. How did you evevn miss it

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:11 am

sintzu wrote: An interesting plot twist would be the dragon telling them that he can't undo something Zeno did and the only way to do is to find...the king of dragons ? or whatever he is to do it.
Like Zarama? I really want to see him before the series end, he's the big badass mf that created the super dragon balls, we must see him at least even once!

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:45 am

DBS916 wrote:

I like your idea. It could definitely happen but they also mentioned the winning contestant will use the Super DBs wish, not the God.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:01 am

I saw that response, thank you.

This doesn't say that only a Buu can hurt another Buu. This just tells me that Kid Buu can hurt Fat Buu. There is nothing saying, 'only another Buu can decrease the power of another Buu'.

Especially since the example, Kid Buu's power didn't got down when fighting Super Saiyan 3 Goku, is flawed since Super Saiyan 3 and Kid are closer in power, while there is a huge power gap between Kid Buu and Fat Buu.
Kanassa wrote: