Why does Shenlong grant evil wishes to evil people?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dorexx
Regular

Why does Shenlong grant evil wishes to evil people?

Post by Dorexx » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:35 pm

You'd think Kami would set some rules against it.
酷签名

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Re: Why does Shenlong grant evil wishes to evil people?

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:41 pm

Why not? Shenlong has never been shown to give a shit about the character of the person with the wish.
Retired.

MarcBigleague
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MarcBigleague » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:58 pm

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:Why not? Shenlong has never been shown to give a shit about the character of the person with the wish.
That's why he got rekt in DB XD

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:55 pm

Because Shenlong is a tool, who can grant any wish within his power. Hell how would you even define an evil wish for the matter? Or Kami only knew how too shape the dragon's shape and not any of the finer more intricate wish granting details.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:03 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if Porunga got modified so an evil shit bag like Freeza could never use him on the off chance he got his hands on the Namekian DBs and managed to turn them on.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Beek King
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Beek King » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:23 pm

Most likely the God Dragons don't run on the same morality as we do.
They do not screw you over by literally interpreting your wish like genies in fiction usually do for example, but they will always serve whoever tells them the wish as long as it's in their power, no matter the nature of it.
Do whatever you like, ghost.

MarcBigleague
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MarcBigleague » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:36 pm

How does Shenlong even know about Birus the Hakaishin? If Kami (or, more relevantly, Dendé) didn't know about the hakaishin because they were on planets that had not confronted the Hakaishin yet, then why does their creation, Shenron, happen to know who the God of Destruction is? It makes little sense.

More importantly, if Shenron is just a tool, why was he scared of the hakaishin? Very confusing, Akira Toriyama, has made Dragon Ball. Dragon Ball was better when Goku kept insulting Buruma for being a smelly female xD

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:41 pm

MarcBigleague wrote:How does Shenlong even know about Birus the Hakaishin? If Kami (or, more relevantly, Dendé) didn't know about the hakaishin because they were on planets that had not confronted the Hakaishin yet, then why does their creation, Shenron, happen to know who the God of Destruction is? It makes little sense.

More importantly, if Shenron is just a tool, why was he scared of the hakaishin? Very confusing, Akira Toriyama, has made Dragon Ball. Dragon Ball was better when Goku kept insulting Buruma for being a smelly female xD
I don't know, prehaps he could, uh... Yeah makes absolutely no sense.

Shenron is a tool, he may be a tool with a personality, but at the end of the day, he is a tool. Eh, I'd say that the original dragon ball was were the series was at it's weakest point, besides the Cell and android arcs of course.

MarcBigleague
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MarcBigleague » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:48 pm

Gog wrote:
MarcBigleague wrote:How does Shenlong even know about Birus the Hakaishin? If Kami (or, more relevantly, Dendé) didn't know about the hakaishin because they were on planets that had not confronted the Hakaishin yet, then why does their creation, Shenron, happen to know who the God of Destruction is? It makes little sense.

I don't know, prehaps he could, uh... Yeah makes absolutely no sense.

Shenron is a tool, he may be a tool with a personality, but at the end of the day, he is a tool. Eh, I'd say that the original dragon ball was were the series was at it's weakest point, besides the Cell and android arcs of course.
NANI?!?!? (I learned that from DBZ Budokai 1 xD Becuase in my country budokai 1 was only japanese with english subtitles and I was a kid so I got used to japanese words :P )

But yeah i say nani because of the last part in your message. But I won't respond to it since it's off-topic to this thread.

But in terms of Shenlong being a tool yet scared of Hakaishin....would a sledgehammer be scared of Triple H from WWE? xD No so I don't think he's a tool. Maybe later on in Dragon Ball Super they will show there is a world for the Dragons and these Dragons are summoned from that world when a Namekian creates the Dragon Balls. This would explain why Shenron has good communication skills.

edit: and this explains where Shenlong took Gokuu to at the end of GT. but are we supposed to forget that since it wasn't by akira toriyama? XD

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:44 am

Shen Long exists within the Dragon Balls. I assume that applies to Polunga & Super Shen Long, too (& maybe it is its own realm).

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:35 pm

The Dragon Balls are summoned based on courage and drive. That's the point of them - one has to search the world for them. If an evil person went to the trouble to find them, then shouldn't they deserve their wish? If stupid wishes (looking at you, Oolong!) are acceptable, why aren't evil ones?
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:45 am

Maybe from his point of view the Jedi are evil...

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:03 am

Because he's true neutral.

His ambivalence is maximum.

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:43 pm

Did he ever grant an objectively evil wish?

Return Piccolo Daimou's youth

Grant Garlic Jr immortality.

The users intent was evil but objectively nothing malicious about those wishes on their own.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:02 pm

MasenkoHA wrote:Did he ever grant an objectively evil wish?

Return Piccolo Daimou's youth

Grant Garlic Jr immortality.

The users intent was evil but objectively nothing malicious about those wishes on their own.
He reverted the Pilaf gang to infants. That counts, I guess.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"