"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Grimlock » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:39 pm

There's nothing insane about that. Since they want to show us different stuff, it's actually the best way to go by. Surely Super Saiyan God won't affect the Metamoran fusion the way Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan affected Vegetto in the anime.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:49 am

Does anyone think that half of Zamasu's body will start to melt like it did in the anime ? I don't think it will.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:54 am

sintzu wrote:Does anyone think that half of Zamasu's body will start to melt like it did in the anime ? I don't think it will.
I don't even know if Toyotaro could satisfactorily draw it to begin with, and the Goomasu design doesn't have a heavy Toriyama vibe. My gut tells me that we won't see Goomasu, but we will see some sort of peculiar battle damage on him.
Retired.

mfwlegend3
Regular

Post by mfwlegend3 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:38 am

sintzu wrote:Does anyone think that half of Zamasu's body will start to melt like it did in the anime ? I don't think it will.
Honestly, out of everything in the anime, two-faced Zamasu was literally the only thing I found to be stupid as fuck.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:08 am

dbzfan7 wrote:
TheMikado wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:
We know it was basically for the same reason as SSJ4 Gogeta. Being so powerful it basically drastically reduced their time. I get that more than just one attack. Vegetto is so broken now he can be shit out whenever now. I don't think it was just because he fired the kamehameha. He was already nerfed from the sense of how irreversible it was supposed to be to being usable whenever. There comes the factor of if Boo can do that trick his other side did, which he possibly could like GT style, and on Vegetto himself potentially. Though even IF I want to believe he was heavily nerfed, then they just made potara, just yet another power up and nothing else. Ruining a special item into generic fusion 2.
Here's a good question, what was even the point of bringing Vegetto back if he was that useless?? Did fans really just want to "see" SSB Vegetto?
He was pointless fanservice in my opinion. So much so he literally is on the box art of the final arc's dvd, despite him barely being apart of it. Could have done it without him. Coulda just said something for why Merged Zamasu wasn't a huge boost like Kibitoshin, so he's powerful, but not getting an insane boost. An excuse can be made for that, and then Vegetto isn't needed. I never bought the whole Vegetto weakened him when Merged Zamasu flies out of the Final Kamehameha with Christ symbolism, and smiling after taking the attack head on.
OMG I didn't realize he was on the DVD box!!! That's utter garbage and clear pandering.. yuck. They may have had a case for it in Z Buu arc, but not even GT threw SSJ4 Gogeta on the box set.

Lupin879
Beyond Newbie

Post by Lupin879 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:04 am

Guys there is an inconsistency?Supreme Kai said that only the servers have healing powers. Once they are promoted no longer have the healing powers . But Zamas kills his boss and become a Kaioshin fact he can use the ring and earrings. But despite everything he's got the healing powers?

Chelentano
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Chelentano » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:12 am

Lupin879 wrote:Guys there is an inconsistency?Supreme Kai said that only the servers have healing powers. Once they are promoted no longer have the healing powers . But Zamas kills his boss and become a Kaioshin fact he can use the ring and earrings. But despite everything he's got the healing powers?
Maybe he's not officially a Supreme Kai due to have killed his master, that explains why he kept that power. And maybe you only need to wear Supreme Kai's earrings for the Time Ring to work. In fact he previously traveled to the future with Gowasu.
Steam profile: psn_chelentano
Xenoverse 2 characters: Rugal (female Saiyan), Salacadula (male Majin), Sleet (Freezer race)

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:47 am

Chelentano wrote:
Lupin879 wrote:Guys there is an inconsistency?Supreme Kai said that only the servers have healing powers. Once they are promoted no longer have the healing powers . But Zamas kills his boss and become a Kaioshin fact he can use the ring and earrings. But despite everything he's got the healing powers?
Maybe he's not officially a Supreme Kai due to have killed his master, that explains why he kept that power. And maybe you only need to wear Supreme Kai's earrings for the Time Ring to work. In fact he previously traveled to the future with Gowasu.
I don't think they ever said that the assistants lose the ability to heal but rather that the ones born as a Kaioshin can't heal. I mean it'd make sense for them to lose it, but I don't think it was stated.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Bulma's Foot Masseur
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bulma's Foot Masseur » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:58 am

Do we know what is said exactly when Goku talks about Vegeta overcoming his SSB transformation weakness? Curious about the wording of the explanation.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:34 am

Bulma's Foot Masseur wrote:Do we know what is said exactly when Goku talks about Vegeta overcoming his SSB transformation weakness? Curious about the wording of the explanation.
Search "translation" in this thread. Herms translation will pop up first or second and give you what you want.

Namz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Namz » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:42 pm

He can use the time ring without being the supreme kai. He used it in the canon time line and Gowazu is still alive.

Nero<>Akira
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Nero<>Akira » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:34 pm

Doctor. wrote:
Gog wrote:
Doctor. wrote: They tried to paint it as this deep thing and a conclusion to an overarching arc to Zamasu's character but the way he worded it has nothing to do with Zamasu's struggles throughout the arc.
How would you have worded so that it made sense with Zamasu's struggles throughout the arc?
I'd remove it because Zamasu never really struggled with anything. He always had his view set to one thing. The speech would have worked fine if they developed Zamasu's descent more, but they almost skipped entirely over it in retrospect. The part Gowasu says about mortals making mistakes and the Gods forgiving them makes sense given what we saw of present Zamasu, but then he says "Why Gods and mortals have similar forms." When the hell did Zamasu ever question himself about that?
mfwlegend3 wrote:"Zamasu is batshit insane."
This works too.
~sigh~ Never struggled? Really? Zamasu has been struggling for years. Even Gowasu stated this by saying they have debated their ideological views with one another for a long time. In the same arc we see him posing questions about Godhood and his status as a God. It's what he sees in Goku that officially pushes him to want to create his plan and because he beat him. he was developed fine. so what Gowasu says was true. He wanted and attempted to become what he thought was a God of justice and ended up becoming the monster he criticized mortals being.
Zamasu is the best DB villain besides Freeza (and this is only the case because the current Super arc elevated Freeza to be that good).

Lupin879
Beyond Newbie

Post by Lupin879 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:36 pm

Chelentano wrote:
Gowasu had promoted momentarily. If one is not Kaioshin can not use the ring and can not be lasting union with more than an hour.

Lupin879
Beyond Newbie

Post by Lupin879 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:39 pm

Bulma's Foot Masseur wrote:Do we know what is said exactly when Goku talks about Vegeta overcoming his SSB transformation weakness? Curious about the wording of the explanation.
He apparently circumvented the limit by training. Another inconsistency because Vegeta did not do when he was three years in ROSAT

Chelentano
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Chelentano » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:13 pm

Lupin879 wrote:Gowasu had promoted momentarily. If one is not Kaioshin can not use the ring and can not be lasting union with more than an hour.
My point is that we've been said that only a Supreme Kai can use the ring, but maybe only one can because of the earrings. Earrings that nobody is supposed to wear not being a Supreme Kai, but which someone can still steal.
Xenoverse 2 characters: Rugal (female Saiyan), Salacadula (male Majin), Sleet (Freezer race)

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:52 pm

Grimlock wrote:There's nothing insane about that. Since they want to show us different stuff, it's actually the best way to go by. Surely Super Saiyan God won't affect the Metamoran fusion the way Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan affected Vegetto in the anime.
Well it is quite "insane" considering they have Shin and Gowasu at hand to give them the earrings and Goku out of nowhere "Nah, f*** that, let's do the Fusion Dance, Vegeta!" but I would like very much :D
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:12 pm

Maybe, and this is a huge stretch, but maybe Zamasu's status of Kaioshin is blurred and ill-defined to make writing him easier. I know it's a batshit crazy idea for such an intensely specific series, but let's just ponder this for a bit.
Retired.

Chelentano
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Chelentano » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:16 pm

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:Maybe, and this is a huge stretch, but maybe Zamasu's status of Kaioshin is blurred and ill-defined to make writing him easier. I know it's a batshit crazy idea for such an intensely specific series, but let's just ponder this for a bit.
I see what you did there :roll:

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:19 pm

TheMikado wrote: OMG I didn't realize he was on the DVD box!!! That's utter garbage and clear pandering.. yuck. They may have had a case for it in Z Buu arc, but not even GT threw SSJ4 Gogeta on the box set.
I don't know about the japanese box set but the Green brick has SS4 Gogeta on it. I dont know if that really matters, I just thought it was funny.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:02 pm

Noah wrote:Well it is quite "insane" considering they have Shin and Gowasu at hand to give them the earrings and Goku out of nowhere "Nah, f*** that, let's do the Fusion Dance, Vegeta!" but I would like very much :D
One crazy thing they could do is both, Once the Potara wears off they could do the fusion dance so we'd end up with both Vegetto and Gogeta.

Regardless of who we get, Goku and Vegeta using fusion is an event so hopefully it won't be wasted this time. I want whoever to be the one to completely destroy Zamasu's body.

Another thing is that they might not ever use fusion again and if they do it won't be for a very long time so hopefully they'll do it right this time.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.