I WILL kill myself if I don't get SOME help(long winded)

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JesseD
Not-So-Newbie

I WILL kill myself if I don't get SOME help(long winded)

Post by JesseD » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:22 pm

OK I read through trough Ermac's and AbsoluteDestinys guide. It helped some things. I am Australian=25fps and PAL DVDs. I will not buy NTSC stuff online to get exsactly the same of what I have here.

So the guide doesn't help a lot after all. I need help with AVS scripts and what not. OK, I own all of Dragon Ball, every movie,every special, almost all of DBZ and none DBGT. That is a lot of footage to go through. Not to mention that it's all on DVD.

Okay, there guide on IVTC doesn't help one bit. I rip my DVDs at angle 2(Japanese angle), I clip the VOB into individual episodes and save them to .d2v in DGindex(I can encode DVDs better than a multi-million dollar corporation. They get paid to do it. Bastards). I make a script.

Note that I'm experimenting with the Goku vs. Piccolo fight. So I did what they said to IVTC. My script looks like this:

mpeg2source("F:\DBEP147.d2v") *Dragon Ball Episode 147*
Telecide(order=1,guide=2)

I can't use 'force film' 'cuz it don't work on 25fps stuff. There still is those fucked-up horizontal lines. I do have one NTSC DVD though. I put my Pokemon DVD in and the opening is interlaced and the is movie progressive and the ending is interlaced. Being NTSC and FILM98% I used forcd film. DID NOT work. To kick the poor dead horse I used Telecide and Decimate. *Insert dramatic music here* it didn't work either! And yes I tried using order 0. There must be someting I'm doing wrong. I hate Anime as of now. My Wrath Of The Dragon DVD that DGindex said was Progressive? It still has those lines, I assume it was interlaced encoded as progresive. I followed the guide about that and it didn't do shit for me.

So nothing works for me. I made a HuffYUV of the script hoping that the lines might just be there for whatever reasons. Still those horrible lines.

So with the aforementioned script I went through the guide and wound up at the Visual Quality Post-Procsessing guide. Almost everything can be used for pre-procsessing though. I tryed everything. The visual quality looked fairly decent in VirtualDubMod. I tried cropping and the like. Pretty much took a taste of everthing. Good Fun.

The Deen filter. I did: "a3d,4,10,10" Something like that. All was good. I tried FluxSmooth. A horror story. In the text editor I typed: fluxsmooth(7,7). That's how the guide said to do it. I played the file in Windows Media Player and it says there was no function called Fluxsmooth.

I went to VirtualDubMod's Script Editor because that will generally tell you if you if a command is wrong. This time I typed 'FluxSmooth(7,7)' it said it worked! I press F7 to load it and VDub crashed. 2 tries later... same thing. So the light Bulb comes on!!! Try it in the text editor!!! Same trip: no such thing as FluxSmoother. I checked my plugins folder, the plugin is in there. I tried the LoadPlugin command to no avail. Combining Deen and FluxSmooth seems to be mandatory.

Rainbow removing and Line Sharpening went great. I have no idea what masking and bluring is though. Tweaking the colors is interesting and can yeild great affects.

So pretty much I'm wasting my life away doing this. I refuse to buy my DVD sets over again unless it's the Dragon Boxes of course. So will somebody please help me. I will not read any guides unless they are of some relevance.

Vegetto EX and Meri seem to be experts at this(a helping hand maybe? More so than before?) and I'm getting frustrated not being able to find answers to anything. So yeah... I don't expect any help(I've had a fucked-up life) and goodbye. Until the next summoning.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:31 pm

Expert? PAL? Pfft, good luck...!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

JesseD
Not-So-Newbie

Post by JesseD » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:08 am

Well you seem to know what your doing more than me. PAL has nothing really to do with it. I pretty much have that covered.

Like I just wanted help with things like FluxSmooth and whatever else anyone has to offer. C'mon please!!!

RVE

Post by RVE » Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:24 pm

well since i am an european, i work every day with PAL videos and dvds. if you need help then send me a small sample of the original file and your script, that i can take a look what is going on...

Mystery Person X
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mystery Person X » Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:48 am

NTSC anime is usually converted to PAL by a process called frame decimation, in which the (interlaced) 30 original frames per second are blended together to make 25 frames. The blended frames are literally encoded as part of the image, so it's impossible to inverse telecine and get a 24fps progressive image.