Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by omegalucas » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:36 am

rereboy wrote: I don't think he ever stated that. People just took things out of context or made them up completely (as usual...).
He did state it once, but he has retracted it since. Both things were long ago.
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:30 pm

omegalucas wrote:
rereboy wrote: I don't think he ever stated that. People just took things out of context or made them up completely (as usual...).
He did state it once, but he has retracted it since. Both things were long ago.
Nah, I'm pretty sure that was one of those things that people somehow knew that he stated but a source was never provided or available.

It's even more silly due to the fact that, if it's not stated in the comic, then, even if it those comments exist, any reader could interpret any power level that seemed adequate in his mind, so such comments end up being useless even if they exist because they aren't part of the comic.

Puto
I Live Here

Post by Puto » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:39 am

rereboy wrote:
miguelnuva1 wrote:Salagir also said he considers First form Fireza to only be 53,000 so maybe 1st form isn't quite 1 million and Goku is using a kaio-ken higher than x10.
I don't think he ever stated that. People just took things out of context or made them up completely (as usual...).
What he said was that when he was younger, he thought first form Freeza had a power of 53,000 due to a mistranslation in the first edition of the French manga, and that he thought that level actually made more sense than the real 530,000. However, he never said that the 53,000 mistranslation was DBM-canon.
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:05 pm

Puto wrote:
rereboy wrote:
miguelnuva1 wrote:Salagir also said he considers First form Fireza to only be 53,000 so maybe 1st form isn't quite 1 million and Goku is using a kaio-ken higher than x10.
I don't think he ever stated that. People just took things out of context or made them up completely (as usual...).
What he said was that when he was younger, he thought first form Freeza had a power of 53,000 due to a mistranslation in the first edition of the French manga, and that he thought that level actually made more sense than the real 530,000. However, he never said that the 53,000 mistranslation was DBM-canon.
That's for explaining. That fits with the impression that I had, namely that people were taking things out of context (if they existed at all). It's what usually happens.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:40 pm

Poor Guldo is about to make huge mistake :)
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:19 pm

Well, it seems Guldo is about to get nnaaiilleedd!

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:24 pm

It would be asking too much for Freeza to kill Goku with his Third Form and then ending this chapter without even using his Final one? :)
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:58 pm

Why is it always the goddamn head? :D
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:00 am

That's the most disturbing thing I've seen in a lloonngg time.

Rubens
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rubens » Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:08 am

While it doesn't really bother me, this guys at DBM have a tendency of making scenes gorier than they need to be.
I'm back!

Lurking around here since 2014. Just an old fan who regained his passion for Dragon Ball since then.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:03 am

People dying shouldn't be "clean".

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:22 pm

Rubens wrote:While it doesn't really bother me, this guys at DBM have a tendency of making scenes gorier than they need to be.
Mr. Toriyama had gorier things than that; like when #16's was stomped in by Cell. Besides, I thought this was funny!
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:34 pm

Rubens wrote:While it doesn't really bother me, this guys at DBM have a tendency of making scenes gorier than they need to be.
Not really since the manga had some pretty bloody scenes that are not much different in DBM. I didn't think it was that gory anyways.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:23 pm

Ginyu should get his body back because this is the universe where he steals cold's body right?

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:43 pm

imo, Squish would have been the better onomatopoeia compared to crush. :D

Oh man I feel so bad for Guldo, and his squishy alien head.

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:00 am

This isn't anything gorier than what we actually saw in Dragonball, like Goku vs. Drum and later Gohan vs. Cell Juniors. It's definitely a more "Dragonball-feeling" violent moment, compared to some of the stuff that happened in some of the previous "everyone dies, villain wins" specials which seemed more like Mortal Kombat-esque goriness for goriness' sake.

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:14 am

miguelnuva1 wrote:Ginyu should get his body back because this is the universe where he steals cold's body right?
Its possible that he doesn't. Could be Nail just pretends to be Ginyu and then gets killed, while Ginyu starts hopping bodies. Unless it was shown that Ginyu switched from his body after Freeza blasts him but I don't think it did.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:32 am

His head kind of blew up so I don't see how it could be anything but gory.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:41 pm

sintzu wrote: His head kind of blew up so I don't see how it could be anything but gory.
If this was gory they would have put more emphasis on yhe scene, like bigger framing taking most of the page to (again) emphasy the meat being squashed, the blood and organs spreading all over the place. The "gory" scene here takes place in just 2 out of 5 panels and none of them frame the action up close where the blood & body damage are the center focus and the scenes are shown from afar.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:28 pm

I going to repeat myself: Nail is quite savage, isn't he? :P

Nice page but I want to see him and Goku suffering at the hands of Freeza, just do it Salagir.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?