"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon May 08, 2017 2:28 pm

Boo Machine wrote:
The movie budget for the film also helped Brolys transformation look like that. I don't think Super has that kind of scratch. So I wouldn't expect it to look like that even if they had wanted to make it a 1:1 copy.

Also are we still calling the form "LSSJ"? It might just be regular ass Super Saiyan. Or another new SSJ form altogether. Super Saiyan Muscles!
It's basically a "fembroly" situation, people will call it LSSJ until we have an official name.

HybridSaiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by HybridSaiyan » Mon May 08, 2017 2:32 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
Boo Machine wrote:
The movie budget for the film also helped Brolys transformation look like that. I don't think Super has that kind of scratch. So I wouldn't expect it to look like that even if they had wanted to make it a 1:1 copy.

Also are we still calling the form "LSSJ"? It might just be regular ass Super Saiyan. Or another new SSJ form altogether. Super Saiyan Muscles!
It's basically a "fembroly" situation, people will call it LSSJ until we have an official name.
I know, but they could at least try and put effort into making the transformation look nice. It's always a bonus these days haha.

Well, similar appearance in base. Similar transformation too. No visible pupils and big ass muscles. It has to be LSSJ.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon May 08, 2017 2:33 pm

I just realized with how many extra years Vegeta's taking on that his and Gokû's DBO ending is still entirely possible. Vegeta will physically be in his 80's by 801.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Mon May 08, 2017 2:34 pm

Chuquita wrote:I just realized with how many extra years Vegeta's taking on that his and Gokû's DBO ending is still entirely possible. Vegeta will physically be in his 80's by 801.
With such a huge gap? such a waste Goku dies early.
Boo Machine wrote: Super Saiyan Muscles!
No offense but that is one ugly ass title :lol:

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Mon May 08, 2017 2:38 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:
Oh, it's absolutely horrid. But i'm just going off the naming scheme we seem to have gotten from "Super Saiyan rage" of, giving it the most obvious, on the surface, title.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Mon May 08, 2017 2:39 pm

Boo Machine wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:
Oh, it's absolutely horrid. But i'm just going off the naming scheme we seem to have gotten from "Super Saiyan rage" of, giving it the most obvious, on the surface, title.
If we're going there then Super Saiyan Stress literally SSS.

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Mon May 08, 2017 2:41 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:
Boo Machine wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:
If we're going there then Super Saiyan Stress literally SSS.
It might be too close to "Super Saiyan Rage" lol.
Feels over Reals.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Mon May 08, 2017 2:43 pm

Could confirm me this:

Was it ever explained what happens with the combatants that ring out? Where are they sent? Are they free to do as they please while the tournament is still going?

Cause I don't remember.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon May 08, 2017 2:46 pm

Chuquita wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote: Thanks, so Goku and Vegeta has a 9yrs gap as of now.
14-15 year gap.
That's a larger gap than I thought. :shock:
They were born 5 years apart. To think it's almost triple that now.
Vegeta abusing the shit out the ROSAT will come back to bit him in the ass when his body deteriorates much sooner than Goku's does.
Last edited by Lord Beerus on Mon May 08, 2017 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Boo Machine

Post by Boo Machine » Mon May 08, 2017 2:47 pm

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:Could confirm me this:

Was it ever explained what happens with the combatants that ring out? Where are they sent? Are they free to do as they please while the tournament is still going?

Cause I don't remember.
I don't think it was ever mentioned. It was just stated, "If you ring out, you lose". But all the gods have to stand somewhere, so maybe that where the losers stand as well.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Mon May 08, 2017 2:53 pm

Aw such venomous, vitriolic, knee jerk reactions. Cries of fanfiction, fanservice, and "How can people still support Super". Its all sooooo...(yawn) boring and cliche. Fortunately I have exciting things like Frieza's potential return and its implications to keep me interested. While I never saw this coming, did I not say they had been playing us from the start? In hindsight something like this should have been expected.

For me I ain't happy about Buu getting the shaft ether. He's a fun character and I've always proffered him over Cell. But I'd drop Buu in a heartbeat for Frieza.

Frieza's introduction adds more to this scenario then Buu and even Cell ever could. He is the dangerous, destabilizing element the tournament needed. All but one member of the U7 team have reason to hate him which throws a every large spanner into the groups teamwork as well as their trust in Goku. With the team being put under such strain its going to significantly alter the dynamic and makes their victory less guaranteed, something all tournament arcs should work towards.

Frieza himself should prove to be a source of interesting character interactions with all the fighters, not just U7 and certainly not least of all Goku. Hell just seeing Goku trying to talk him into this will be worth this arc's price of admission for me.

His dark, twisted and treacherous nature means all his actions are diametrically opposed to the rest of the team. While he wont kill anyone I dont see anything in the rules about torturing or maiming being disallowed. Even with a zero gore setting Frieza f##ks people up. Also if he doesn't try to shoot Goku and Co in the back at least once I'll be shocked.

As for his power, well while he has likely not trained a day he's still at least the 3rd strongest guy in U7 (not counting Beerus and Whis), he was powerful enough to completely overpower Goku despite not using his full power. And thats a funny thought, we dont actually know how powerful he really is do we? Yes Beerus said if Goku and Vegeta teamed up they could beat him buuut that statement was made without seeing Golden Frieza's full power and Beerus has underestimated people before. As for the stamina issue, Goku said it was only because Frieza had not taken the time to get used to the power...well while he cannot train in hell I dont see a rule anywhere that states he cannot transform and get used to the power while trapped. Plus with better control comes even more power since you can focus it more effectively.

All in all this was the greatest dream come true in a year of dreams coming true. Toei could mess it up but we will see. I am so happy.

Sorry Black and Zamasu.....but my heart is pure Golden once again :twisted:.
Last edited by Lord Frieza on Mon May 08, 2017 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Mon May 08, 2017 2:54 pm

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2 ... am-rosters

So, there's a new fighter named Damon, and he's an insect who can change his powers whenever he dies in suicide attacks. Sounds cool.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Mon May 08, 2017 3:01 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Vegeta abusing the shit out the ROSAT will come back to bit him in the ass when he body deteriorates much sooner than Goku's does.
Vegeta's playing the long game. He will eventually get strong enough to wipe out all potential challenges for Goku leaving himself as Goku's only rival. Then he'll defeat Goku shortly before his body breaks down in the greatest fight the Universe will ever see.
Goku will be left alone without a celling to reach, without motivation, crumbling away while the weight of his existence destroys his will to live.

Vegeta was victorious in the end, he never forgot his place as the Prince of Saiyans and his obligation to punish Goku for his actions. All these years he grew to be able do it, in the only way that would truly kill Kakarrot.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Mon May 08, 2017 3:01 pm

ArchedThunder wrote: The two forms are different looking, and Ikari is from intense rage while Kale's is apparently from pent up stress.
Both would be related to berserk forms, I could see Goku/Vegeta comparing Kales tranformation to Mirai Trunks.

Trunks transformed because of his hostility/hate toward Black/Zamasu for ruining his timeline, Kale transformation is going to be related to Cabba, the profile says that Cabba hated or something like that?

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Mon May 08, 2017 3:06 pm

DragonBallFoodie wrote:So, there's a new fighter named Damon, and he's an insect who can change his powers whenever he dies in suicide attacks. Sounds cool.
Yup. We already got this info from commented out code on the website. That's how we learned Kale's name, too.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon May 08, 2017 3:08 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Chuquita wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote: 14-15 year gap.
That's a larger gap than I thought. :shock:
They were born 5 years apart. To think it's almost triple that now.
Vegeta abusing the shit out the ROSAT will come back to bit him in the ass when he body deteriorates much sooner than Goku's does.
I partly want it to come back and bite him, especially because the gravity room is right there and available to him, yet he insists on using the RoSaT.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Gorou
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gorou » Mon May 08, 2017 3:10 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:Aw such venomous, vitriolic, knee jerk reactions. Cries of fanfiction, fanservice, and "How can people still support Super". Its all sooooo...(yawn) boring and cliché.
Is the series to be a a sooo damned, boring, chiche.
All but one member of the U7 team have reason to hate him which throws a every large spanner into the groups teamwork as well as their trust in Goku. With the team being put under such strain its going to significantly alter the dynamic and makes their victory less guaranteed, something all tournament arcs should work towards.
Same situation that would occur with ANY other villain put in that place.

Frieza himself should prove to be a source of interesting character interactions with all the fighters, not just U7 and certainly not least of all Goku. Hell just seeing Goku trying to talk him into this will be worth this arc's price of admission for me.
Yeah, i can not wait to see one of the most iconic and intimidating villain interacting with stupid gags with other characters, until he is forced to redeem it (unlike Vegeta and Piccolo) to make him a good boy.

I can not wait to see the proud and superb conqueror tremble with fear like the rest of the gag in front of Beerus.

[sarcasm off]
Last edited by Gorou on Mon May 08, 2017 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Mon May 08, 2017 3:11 pm

Why does Toriyama hate Buu? This is so goddamned annoying how they keep cutting Buu

HybridSaiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by HybridSaiyan » Mon May 08, 2017 3:13 pm

OLKv3 wrote:Why does Toriyama hate Buu? This is so goddamned annoying how they keep cutting Buu
Why did he even create him in the first place?
He did want to end the series at Frieza lol.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Mon May 08, 2017 3:15 pm

I think Buu, Freeza and Cell should all have been included. I love the idea of Goku having to be flanked by all his past enemies to save the universe. Some may find it cheesy but IMO no worse than what they've done with Krillin, Tien and Roshi.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"