"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by TheOne » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:12 pm

HeroR wrote:
Slaythe wrote:
Lapislettuce wrote: Actually i don't want these two to team up and was quite happy to see how both went their seperate ways to fight in last episode it was in their character to do so, only future 17 and 18 fought together the present ones never did.
I mean, that was a missed opportunity.

17 wants honor in his fights, and wouldn't want to go 2 vs 1 (which he never did, not even in the future, the anime made that up, in the manga he kills Gohan alone).

But if there are more than one enemy then I'm sure he'd do great with 18 ! I want to see that.
He killed Gohan alone in the manga because he had the power to. Not necessarily 'for honor'.
Two different Android 17s.
How i predict the tournament will end:

TekTheNinja
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TekTheNinja » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:25 pm

All I'm saying is Krillin better go out like a FUCKING BADASS or I'll be pretty damn pissed. Using the Kienzan and killing a strong opponent would be alright maybe.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:28 pm

Guys what's going to happen to Piccolo? He has no hype in this tournament and nothing going on. Is he next to go after Krillin?

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:29 pm

Do we think the universe 9 destruction will happen in 98 at the end? or actually happen in 99?

I'm hoping that we see a lot of action in 98 but I feel that the fights, universe 9's reaction to losing and their universe being destroyed (are the fighters destroyed too?) is a lot to fit in.

At the same time I feel like Universe 9 being destroyed, Vegeta fighting universe 6 and krillin vs U10 and 18's drama then Krillin's ring out seems like too much?

Unless Krillin doesn't get ringed out until 100?

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:30 pm

precita wrote:Guys what's going to happen to Piccolo? He has no hype in this tournament and nothing going on. Is he next to go after Krillin?
Very likely or maybe they're saving him for later to trigger Gohan somehow.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:30 pm

It seems so bizarre Tenshinhan is safe all this time. They did nothing with him in the recruitment episodes.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:32 pm

precita wrote:It seems so bizarre Tenshinhan is safe all this time. They did nothing with him in the recruitment episodes.
I don't think it's weird. Ten was so obvious, that I never expected him to go first. I will lol if he's second though.

omaro34

Post by omaro34 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:35 pm

precita wrote:Man, now I'm scared shitless what they will do with Piccolo. There's no hype for him in this tournament at all.
Neither for Tien or Roshi.

Everytime a spoiler comes out I worry about big Green. If he gets eliminated and he didn't even get a chance to take off his cape and turban I'll be very pissed.

I'm not expecting much at all from Piccolo as long as he doesn't get embarrassed and goes down swinging. A dream scenario would be him beating Frost but I doubt that's happening.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

Gray Riders
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Gray Riders » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:37 pm

precita wrote:Guys what's going to happen to Piccolo? He has no hype in this tournament and nothing going on. Is he next to go after Krillin?
Him or Tenshinhan, I'm guessing. I don't want to see either go down anytime soon, but my wishes have no outcome on the tournament.

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:38 pm

omaro34 wrote:
precita wrote:Man, now I'm scared shitless what they will do with Piccolo. There's no hype for him in this tournament at all.

Everytime a spoiler comes out I worry about big Green. If he gets eliminated and he didn't even get a chance to take off his cape and turban I'll be very pissed.

I'm not expecting much at all from Piccolo as long as he doesn't get embarrassed and goes down swinging. A dream scenario would be him beating Frost but I doubt that's happening.
Nah Piccolo won't fight frost.

Frost will have a Grudge against Vegeta the way Frieza does for Goku, when Frieza turns against U7 we have a good ole 2 v 2. Then as Vegeta is about to beat frost he blows up the arena as he can survive in the void...........

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:39 pm

It's all unpredictable now.
EVERYONE, me included, thought Muten/18/Tenshinhan would be the first to fall. They surprised us by taking down Krillin.
Now everything can happen.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:40 pm

Krillin1994 wrote:
omaro34 wrote:

Nah Piccolo won't fight frost.

Frost will have a Grudge against Vegeta the way Frieza does for Goku, when Frieza turns against U7 we have a good ole 2 v 2. Then as Vegeta is about to beat frost he blows up the arena as he can survive in the void...........

Frieza isnt betraying U7. Its illogical to assume he can just live in another universe if hes invited mid tournament, not to mention by doing that he would be giving a team an 11th competitor violating the rules.

For his own self preservation it makes no sense.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

IntoTheFire
Beyond Newbie

Post by IntoTheFire » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:41 pm

Krillin1994 wrote:Do we think the universe 9 destruction will happen in 98 at the end? or actually happen in 99?

I'm hoping that we see a lot of action in 98 but I feel that the fights, universe 9's reaction to losing and their universe being destroyed (are the fighters destroyed too?) is a lot to fit in.

At the same time I feel like Universe 9 being destroyed, Vegeta fighting universe 6 and krillin vs U10 and 18's drama then Krillin's ring out seems like too much?

Unless Krillin doesn't get ringed out until 100?
I think the universe being destroyed will likely be the end of the episode. I don't remember if it was ever stated outright that fighters get destroyed as well, but we know gods will be destoyed with their universes, so I assume the same goes for all the fighters.

I am pretty surprised by these spoilers. I didn't expect Krillin to be the first to go. But I would like it if the tournament was realy unexpected to make it impossible for us to guess who is the next U7 member to be defeated or which universe will win.
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Majin Jator
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Jator » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:44 pm

Let's accept that Toei original material is not about "building up" but about "damage control". They throwed a bone to krillin fans like they did with the Buu ones. And do you remember Gohan training again after the RoF arc?

If anything, we should be worried when a character is "hyped".

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:48 pm

I'm just glad 18 seems safe for a while. I'd like to see her get some good battles and "revenge" for Krillin before she goes down.

omaro34

Post by omaro34 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:51 pm

HeroR wrote:I'm more surprised by the amount of bitterness over Krillin. I guess so many were rooting for him.

I personally see this as an interesting twist and I like Krillin.
Krillin is a likeable character. He knows his limits and when he's called upon he always gives it his all no matter how outmatched he is. I can respect that.

People don't like it because the writers seemed to be building the concept of strategy over power when they focused on Krillin during those recruitment episodes. He beat Gohan in a spar with ring out rules, and he did amazingly well against Goku even though Goku was holding back in his blue form. Not to mention the 2 part episode where Krillin overcame his fears in those mystical woods.

People just expected more given the character build up, and I don't blame them for that. It is an interesting twist, but there are a few more episodes until he is eliminated so hopefully he makes due.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

BWri

Post by BWri » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:53 pm

Zamasu55 wrote:It's all unpredictable now.
EVERYONE, me included, thought Muten/18/Tenshinhan would be the first to fall. They surprised us by taking down Krillin.
Now everything can happen.
Yes, I love that! It'll be a complete surprise who goes next and really could be anyone. I think the next choice will be more predictable with 18, Tien, or Roshi. Prob Roshi.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

potat_lasaro

Post by potat_lasaro » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:53 pm

The fact Krillin is being eliminated this early is both interesting and disappointing. I wanted him to go further in the tournament, but if he has to go now, hopefully it is in a cool fashion.

Anyone else think that the animation from the opening with Krillin and his Kienzin will be reused in the episode? It seems like it could possibly fit in for a last ditch attack by Krillin to save #18.

Also, anyone think the person he could possibly kill be from U4? I mean, one already tried to take Goku down with them so I wouldn't put it past them to sacrifice someone to take the blow and eliminate Krillin if they see he's already taken down a few from another universe.

Slightly off topic: I find it funny how that old "rumor" from I think 4chan mentioned Krillin would be getting DQ due to someone being killed by the Kienzin....never thought anything of it due to the other claims like a Tea Party filler with the angels. Just ironic that they could possibly be right about Krillin.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:53 pm

I feel like Caulifla going SSB will be a TOEI response to the people saying the Roshi scene was over the top.

I really hope she doesnt. That will be total bs.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:54 pm

imagine if it turns out to be a false DQ... like the person pretends to be killed then krillin gets reinstated when he moves later on.