Does the MVP who gets the wish have to be from the winning universe?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Krillin1994
Regular

Does the MVP who gets the wish have to be from the winning universe?

Post by Krillin1994 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:03 pm

Has it been explicitly stated that the person with the most KOs who gets the wish has to be from the winning universe?

I.e if goku ends up getting like 20 KOs but ultimately loses to Jiren/U7 loses will he still get the wish?

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Re: Does the MVP who gets the wish have to be from the winning universe?

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:05 pm

Krillin1994 wrote:Has it been explicitly stated that the person with the most KOs who gets the wish has to be from the winning universe?

I.e if goku ends up getting like 20 KOs but ultimately loses to Jiren/U7 loses will he still get the wish?
None of us really know. Anyone who says they do is lying unless maybe they work for TOEI haha

My best guess would be it will end up being the last person standing or if not then they will be spared because getting a wish then erased seems cruel.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Akyon
Regular

Post by Akyon » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:09 pm

I guess we'll see what happens to Universe 9's warriors. We know their universe goes boom, but do they?

I guess in your hypothetical, Goku and Jiren are left standing after the timelimit is up?
Favourite User quote:
Vice wrote:"Look at all these characters getting some shine in the buildup for the tournament of power, maybe we'll get to see some other characters do some stuff instead of the same old shit."
1. Goku (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitor & Vegeta (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitors

"Fuck."

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:13 pm

Akyon wrote:I guess we'll see what happens to Universe 9's warriors. We know their universe goes boom, but do they?

I guess in your hypothetical, Goku and Jiren are left standing after the timelimit is up?
Ha now I want Basil to get the wish and wish universe 9 to boom

Nah in my example Goku/Uni 7 is defeated but Goku has the most KOs

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:42 am

If everyone gets erased on the spot once their universe loses, how would you award the winning individual with the most knockouts if they're already gone?

Assuming there won't be individual rounds after the main tournament, I'm pretty sure it's the last man standing. Wouldn't make sense otherwise.
How i predict the tournament will end:

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:36 am

TheOne wrote:If everyone gets erased on the spot once their universe loses, how would you award the winning individual with the most knockouts if they're already gone?

Assuming there won't be individual rounds after the main tournament, I'm pretty sure it's the last man standing. Wouldn't make sense otherwise.
Yeah this too.

I see this like the NFL, NBA, MLB where the Finals/Superbowl/World Series MVP is always on the winning team.

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:25 am

TheOne wrote:If everyone gets erased on the spot once their universe loses, how would you award the winning individual with the most knockouts if they're already gone?

Perhaps the fighters themselves don't get killed immediately unlike their universe? I mean I myself assumed that it'll have to be from the winning universe but just wanted to generate some discussion on it.

TysonWine
Beyond Newbie

Post by TysonWine » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:01 pm

MVP most likely goes to the winning universe. But wait a minute, we're assuming the winning universe will only have one fighter left. Say Goku and Frieza are the last two standing. Who gets the wish? Does Zeno decide...or is there one more fight left to be had...

Will
Beyond Newbie

Post by Will » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:59 pm

If at the end, there's still 3 Pride Troopers like Jiren, Dyspo and Toppo and Gohan is the only one left from U7, U11 win.
But Goku could still get the wish if he was the best fighter.

Snakeway Skywalker
Beyond Newbie

Post by Snakeway Skywalker » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:09 pm

Reading through what others in this thread have been saying, it seems that the show hasn't really explained it well enough. Is the best fighter/MVP the one who's the last standing (which in this case will be either Jiren or Goku), or is it whoever gets the most knock-outs (which is the prime objective of this whole battle royale thing)?

Like, for instance, Jiren so far isn't tyring to knock anyone out. He knows he'll make it to the end. If he just stays like that and only knocks the strongest opponents (ex: Berserker Kale, Vegeta, Frieza, Goku), does he still win and get the wish even though he hasn't knocked that many people out? I don't know. I hope someone here can answer this, either that or the writers can do it in an upcoming episode, like how they explained what happens to fighters when they wring out in ep97.

Will
Beyond Newbie

Post by Will » Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:18 pm

As far as we know:
- After 48 minutes, the universe with most fighters in the ring win.
- The best fighter of the tournament get the wish.

There can still be several universe left at the end, the winner will be the universe with more fighters left.

It seems like the best fighter can be from another universe than the winning universe.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:47 pm

Will wrote:As far as we know:
- After 48 minutes, the universe with most fighters in the ring win.
- The best fighter of the tournament get the wish.

There can still be several universe left at the end, the winner will be the universe with more fighters left.

It seems like the best fighter can be from another universe than the winning universe.
True...but in most sports and tournaments IRL it never works that way...even when the player deserves it.